|Above: A slightly off the shoulder top feels fresh this season.|
Happy Cyber Monday! I am finally home from my travels to NYC and while I have a full recapitulation in the works, I wanted to share a couple of my favorite outfits from the trip as well an exact breakdown of the skincare and beauty that I used while away for eight days. Couple that with some curated Cyber Monday shopping recommendations and you have a single post, brimming with musings!
Kindly scroll on for more details, a complete travel skincare and beauty breakdown and my Cyber Monday Shopping Guide as well as the Bottom Line...
|Above: These boyfriend jeans were a staple in my NYC clothing routine and the Tan booties that are high enough to reach the cuff of one's jeans for a seamless transition.|
Traversing a city where walking miles is the norm is a unique challenge...one wants to embrace their own style while remaining comfortable for 10-12 hours on their feet. I stuck a workable balance with these Astor Boyfriend Jeans by Ralph Lauren (also available on sale at Macy's and Dillards) which I wore 3 times on the trip...they have the perfect cut. They do, however, run a touch small; I am generally a size 24 but sized up to a 26 and couldn't be happier. I also love the Carmen Top from American Apparel (currently 50% off with code: TKITOFF). The neckline grazes shoulders but stays in place for a refreshing sihouette. I also picked one up in black! Finally, my Topshop belted coat and tan booties (another similar pair HERE) were constant go-to's as their neutral hues seamlessly matched most of my black and blue attire!
|Above: A long belted coat for warmth and versatility.|
|Above: I tied this shirt dress to make it a blouse for an afternoon at the Central Park zoo.|
--Shop the Style--
|Above: Even skin, bronzy eyes and matte pink lips for most of the trip.|
In terms of skincare and beauty, I brought an insane amount of product (of course) but found myself using only a portion of my choices; for the sake of pragmatism, I photographed everything in the heavy rotation category before packing it up and am excited to share exactly what those selections were!
|Above: The cooler, drier weather meant I could embrace a foundation with a touch of glow.|
- Koh Gen Do Spa Water (reviewed HERE): To cleanse my skin each morning (with a cotton pad).
- Lift Lab Purify & Clarify (reviewed HERE): To cleanse and refresh my skin in the evening.
- *Pop Dental Portable Sonic Toothbrush: Slender and battery operated (so no need to pack a charger), the powerful brush head effectively cleanses my teeth. My new travel favorite!
- Mila Moursi Dual Action Serum (reviewed HERE): I am on my third bottle for a reason...I grab for this anti-aging serum constantly.
- Le Metier de Beaute Peau Vierge #2 (reviewed HERE): Primer, moisturizer, anti-aging skincare and tinted illuminator, this has been my first base non-negotiable for three years.
- *Radical Skincare Radical Perfection Fluid: A beautiful fusion of skin nourishing hydration and radiance booster...full review soon.
- *Eve Lom Rescue Mask (reviewed HERE): I always take this with me when I travel as it "re-sets" skin and a little dab powerfully banishes a blemish.
- *Kate Somerville RetAsphere Micro Peel (reviewed HERE): An excellent reinforcement during the week for exfoliation and extra-smooth skin.
- *La Prairie Skin Caviar Eye Lift Cream (reviewed HERE): Still my favorite eye cream...potent and rejuvenating.
- *Lina Hanson Global Body Serum: This line is new to me but I couldn't have been more pleased with the results of this light body oil with an intoxicating, all-natural fragrance; applied post shower, my skin was hydrated, smooth and glowing...divine.
|Above: Haircare etc.|
- L'Oreal OleoTherapy Shampoo + Conditioner: Sulfate and Paraben-free, this haircare duo replenishes moisture without weighing hair down...I used the it daily for 9 days!
- *Rusk Elixir Mist: An ultra-light shine mist that also detangles and protects hair from heat styling (which was inevitable in the cold weather). Oh, and it smells absolutely divine.
- Gilette Fusion ProGlide Power Razor: I borrowed this from my husband last month and loved it so much, he bought me my own ; ) I'm not sure why razors targeted towards males are better than those for females...all I can say for sure is that they are.
- Beauty Blender: Works so well with the new By Terry Foundation (more on that below).
- *Doctor's Remedy Nail Polish in Purity Pink: A "good for you" nail lacquer in a barely there color that held up beautifully for 9 days...my nails were subtle, classy and polished.
- Michael Mercier Detangling Brush (reviewed HERE): The only brush I used the entire trip; it really does remove tangles.
|Above: It's all in the details.|
|Above: Complexion under control.|
FACE + CHEEKS:
- *By Terry Light-Expert Click Brush #5 (reviewed HERE)
- *Clé de Peau Beauté Bronzing Powder (also available at Clé de Peau Beauté and reviewed HERE) applied with the *Chikuhodo GSN 04 Cheek Brush (reviewed HERE)
- Clé de Peau Beauté Concealer in Beige (reviewed HERE)
- Dior Fix It 2-in-1 Prime and Conceal #2: I am intrigued by this lip primer and concealer that is essentially a touch up on the go...good coverage and lasting power...full review soon.
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal (reviewed HERE) applied with the *Jenny Patinkin Kitten Paw Brush (reviewed HERE)
- Le Metier de Beaute PV Pen #2 (reviewed HERE)
- *La Prairie Cellular Radiance Cream Blush in Peach Glow (reviewed HERE)
- Burberry Fresh Glow Powder Foundation in Ochre (reviewed HERE)
- *Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Mist (reviewed HERE)
- Vincent Longo Brow Kit...powder, wax and highlighter in one convenient palette...love this.
- Le Metier de Beaute Prism Eye Color in Lurex...as a warm eye shadow base.
- By Terry Contour Compact #100 (reviewed HERE): higlighter worn near orbital area for a creamy glow.
- Surratt Beauty Brow Pomade...why didn't I try this sooner? Brush through brows for a Brooke Shields effect!
- Surratt Beauty Artistique Eye Shadows in Marron and Rose Dore (reviewed HERE)
- Tom Ford Extreme Mascara (reviewed HERE)
- By Terry Gold Gotha Lip Palette (reviewed HERE)
- Lime Crime Velvetine Matte in Cashmere...review soon
- Surratt Beauty Artistique Lip Crayon in Celestine (reviewed HERE)
- Edward Bess Lipstick in Blushed Orchid (reviewed HERE)
- Tom Ford gloss in Naked (reviewed HERE)
- Orlane Lipgloss #1...review soon
- Christian Louboutin Silky Satin Lipsticks in Tutulle and Bikini (reviewed HERE)
- Surratt Beauty Prismatique Lips in Cultive and Lili Doree (reviewed HERE)
- Le Metier de Beaute Moisture Matte Lipstick in L'Ete Indien (mid-toned pink) and La Vie En Rose (pale nude beige)...full review soon
- La Prairie Lip Enhancer (reviewed HERE)
- Clé de Peau Beauté Enriched Lip Luminizer (also available at Clé de Peau Beauté)
- Chanel Rouge Allure Gloss #22 (reviewed HERE)
- Tom Ford Lilac Nymph (reviewed HERE)
- Christian Louboutin Lip Definer in Nats (reviewed HERE)
- Kat Von D Lovecraft...review soon
--Shop the Total Skincare + Beauty Routine--
CYBER MONDAY DEALS:
- Rag and Bone Margot Bootie...classic craftsmanship and a dual toned suede texture makes these a year-round investment.
- Burberry Chevrington Jacket...perfect for rainy days and brisk evenings.
- Freepeople Swing Dress...the earthy tones and easy fit will look great with booties and paired with tights or even jeans as the temperatures continue to drop!
- Equipment Oscar Cashmere Turtleneck...classic on every level.
- Alexis Bittar Lucite Small Hinged Bracelet: This is a perfectly timeless gift for others and one's self.
- Anything from Burberry Beauty...I am completely loving the line as of late...especially the Earthy Blush and Dark Spice Complete Eye Palette (mentioned HERE).
Also, with CODE GC4YOU: Spend $200 and get a $50 gift certificate, $500 and get a $125 gift certificate, $1000 and get a $250 gift certificate and $2000 and get a $500 gift certificate.
I recommend/have my eye on:
- Stella McCartney Coat
- Alice and Olivia Long Knit Cardigan
- Le Metier de Beaute Moisture Matte Lipstick (full review soon), Full Stream Kaleidoscope (reviewed HERE) and Peau Vierge (reviewed HERE). Use CODE: THANKFUL to also take advantage of the Gift of Beauty Promotion!
- Ash Neal Combat Boots
- Anything Gucci Beauty (reviewed HERE and HERE) but especially the eyeshadow in Oxydus, lipstick in Whisper and lipgloss in Breathless...I wear all three weekly.
- Nespresso Lattissima Touch Espresso Maker...if you are a coffee lover, this is incredible, if you are one who cannot get enough frothy milk on your coffee, this is a MUST. We bought ours from Bloomies last year and use it daily...the fact that is it $100 off simply cannot be ignored. Ours makes us ridiculously happy.
Barney's NY: 40% off a vast array of merchandise
- Surratt Beauty (reviewed HERE and HERE)...this line has such a special place in my heart and I recommend the Relevee Mascara (reviewed HERE), Surrealiste Skin Concealer (reviewed HERE), Lipslique in Fee Soie (reviewed HERE) and Surratt brushes (to be reviewed soon).
- Lipstick Queen Silver Screen Lipstick (reviewed HERE)...creamy, pigmented and long lasting, some of my favorite shades include Come Up and You Kid.
- By Terry everything, including the Densiliss Primer (reviewed HERE), Densiliss Blush in Platonic Blonde (reviewed HERE) and Contour Compacts (reviewed HERE).
- Loren Stewart Gold 2 Bar Ear Cuff...love this line, need this cuff. It's as simple as that.
- Jenny Kwon Dimond Wire Choker...just picked this up in NYC...it's luxe and light and comfortable and classic.
- I also have my eye on this charming Isabel Marant necklace and Rag & Bone Crop Jeans.
- Beautylish: Special Bioderma Bundles are available for this weekend only and while you're on site, take a peek at the Charlotte Tilbury Nocturnal Cat Eyes (reviewed HERE), Viseart Sultry Muse Palette (reviewed HERE) and By Terry Baume de Rose Parure (I stocked up on 4...to be featured soon).
- Birchbox: 25% off of entire order with CODE: PARTYON. Take a peek at MAKE Cosmetics (reviewed HERE) and Shu Uemura (reviewed HERE)
- Mila Moursi: Free shipping for orders over $150. This skincare line is phenomenal and a key part of my daily routine (reviews HERE and HERE).
- Marc Jacobs Beauty: Use CODE: MARCDAY for 4 deluxe sized essentials at checkout. The two LE #Blacquer Friday Collections (reviewed HERE) are excellent gifts and self-splurges.
- NARS: Take 20% off of your online order...I love the Chelsea Girls gloss (reviewed HERE) for the quintessential, pigmented, shiny, non-sticky pinky nude lip!
- Sephora: I suggest taking a peek at the $10 Beauty Deals and picking up a few Surratt Prismatique Lips (reviewed HERE) and NARS Audacious Lipsticks (reviewed HERE).
- Space.NK: A good time to stock up on Radical Skincare Skin Perfecting Fluid (review soon) and to stock up on By Terry (reviewed HERE), including the lovely Gold Jewel Lip Kit (reviewed HERE) and Mila Moursi.
- Target: Extra 15% off site wide with CODE: CYBER15
- TEMPTU: 25% off site wide. This is a perfect time to invest in the magnificent TEMPTU Air...I use mine constantly (my review HERE).
--Shop the Section (DEPARTMENT STORES)--
- All Saints: From now through 12/01, get 30% off all styles with the CODE: CYBER. I have my eye on the chic and draped Monument Coat in taupe.
- Amazon: From 11/26-11/30 get 30 % off select clothing, shoes and accessories with the CODE: 30BLACKFRI
- American Apparel: 35% off of everything with the CODE: MONDAY15. Check out the Carmen top (worn in images at the start of the post) and the ultra soft tri-blend deep V neck...I wear my grey one weekly.
- Anthropologie: From 11/27-11/30, take 25% off site wide with the CODE: SHOPTOIT. I will be picking up a pair of these Rachel Comey Nassau Chelsea Booties in black.
- DL1961: From now through 12/02/15, enjoy 40% off full priced items with the CODE: DLCYBER. Some of my favorite jeans come from this line as they do not lose their shape even after wearing and washing! I love the ultra-slimming Farrow jeans in Magma.
- Equipment: From now through 12/1, get 25% off and free shipping with the CODE: THANKS. I want the effortless Asher V Neck and gorgeous Slim Signature Blouse (on sale!) to say nothing of this panther blouse!
- Fleur de Mal: 20% off with CODE: CYBERLOVER. Take a peek at the chic Georgette Wrap Kimono and stunning teal flower Haori Kimono for timeless classics that you'll treasure and wear forever.
- Helmut Lang: From now through 12/1, get 40% off...I'm loving the Distressed Suede Sneakers and Wool Flannel Shirt Morse Drape Shirt and if you don't have it yet, this camel turtleneck is sure to be the silhouette of the season!
- J Brand: A wide variety of markdowns on classic staples like these Photo Ready skinny jeans in a black wash that can be worn with everything.
- La Garconne: This Pre-Black Friday sale (an additional 30% sale items with code: LGBFD30) started on Tuesday with insane details on Isabel Marant and Maison Martin Margiela.
- Monica Vinader: 30-50% off a wide selection of jewelry. I wear my Fiji Friendship Bracelet (rose gold and black version) all of the time!
- Net-A-Porter: A huge selection of sale items (up to 50% off) and a plethora of luxury gifts makes this site a super fun perusal.
- Rag & Bone: Get an additional 25% off sale items with CODE: CYBER. I cannot recommend the Dre Boyfriend Jeans enough...I have 3 pairs (reviewed HERE)!
- Topshop: From now through 12/1, get up to 50% off select products like this chic belted sleeveless jacket.
- Revolve: Up to 50% women's dresses and men's shirts. I have my eye on this Blackbird Maxidress...backless things always call my name. On Cyber Monday, save 50% off final sale items with the CODE: CYBER50.
- SHOPBOP: From now though 12/1, get 15% off if you spend $250, 20% off if you spend $500 and 25% off if you spend $1000 with the CODE: GOBIG15. I am adding these Rachel Comey Kai Slingbacks, Elizabeth and James Swing Sweater and Riller & Fount Truman Wide Leg Pants to my shopping cart ASAP!
- The Real Real: 20% off a plethora of luxury items, already at deep discounts with CODE: THANKS...I stalk the Cartier page constantly.
--Shop the Section (BEAUTY)--
|Above: Last look.|
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this beauty and style-oriented feature + Cyber Monday hybrid post and wish you an excellent start to your December. I am still in the midst of responding to comments and emails and look forward to being caught up by early next week ; )
Much more soon including my official Holiday Gift Guide, a beauty tutorial and a host of new product highlights!
--The Beauty Professor
** PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-15 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.