This post is dedicated to three things I love: boots, books and lip gloss. The tail end of summertime has finally afforded me the chance to read a few books at the same time, and, in light of their themes, I've selected coordinating lip glosses that capture the unique energy of each tome. I hope you enjoy the juxtaposition!
Kindly scroll on for more details and swatches as well as the Bottom Line...
BOOTS: I just picked up these Coconuts by Matisse Lambert Booties (also available on Amazon) last week and am utterly smitten. Super soft suede and freeflowing fringe make these equal parts comfortable and unique. The first day I wore them, I had no less than five people ask me where I got them and, perhaps the best part, they are under $100! For reference, I generally wear between a 6 1/2 and 7 and the 6 1/2 fit perfectly.
BOOKS: As a rule, I am a voracious reader; however, the teaching, grading, writing, product testing and photography that dominate my adult life has drastically reduced my time to delve into a good book. August, thankfully, has gifted me a bit of down time to read and I am currently in the midst of simultaneously inhaling three books:
|Above: Marc Jacobs Pink Steam for pearly lilac pink lips...and I am excited to see the results of my 5lb weight training finally (partially) manifest on my arms.|
|Above: I had to briefly preview the stunning Tom Ford highlighting Duo in Moodlight (worn on my cheeks in the images above and below)...all I can say is that this powder pairing makes the skin look its best...so worth it.|
|Above: Wearing Marc Jacobs Pink Steam lipgloss and a dash of the new Tom Ford highlighting Duo in Moodlight...so good!|
(1) Jackie Collins' The Santangelos: Allow me to presumptively acknowledge that Jackie Collins is a guilty pleasure. Her juicy characters, ritzy settings and outrageously carnal plots, combined with lavish wealth make for an entrancing read in the summertime sun. Steeped in family drama and intrigue, The Santangelos runs true to formula and does not disappoint. Due to their splash of color and opulent, reflective shine, I paired the lush pink Dior Addict Fluid Stick in Versatile (formula reviewed HERE) and decadent peach Surratt Beauty Lip Lustre in Charmante.
(2) Mary Quant's Quant on Quant: I have an affinity for all things 1960's and who better than to embody the decade than the impeccable Mary Quant. Her autobiography reads like a diary and I find myself relishing every captivating detail of a bygone era in fashion and history. Since her mod look was rife with nude lips, I choose the scrumptiously pale nude rose NARS Lip Gloss in Chelsea Girls and shimmering beige Tom Ford Ultra Shine Lip Gloss in Naked (reviewed HERE).
(3) Alicia Drake's The Beautiful Fall: I am positively devouring this in-depth exploration of one of the most seminal times in fashion history, lead by the venerable Yves Saint Laurent and Karl Lagerfeld. From their teenage years all the way through the height of hedonism in 1970s Paris, Drake's detailed account of both the friendship and the rivalry between YLS and Lagerfeld is unabashedly riveting. I selected the lilac purple Marc Jacobs Enamored Lip Gloss in Pink Steam (reviewed HERE) and blazing coral Smith & Cult Lip Gloss in Fade the Sun (reviewed HERE) to capture the dazzlingly chic Parisian disco days.
(3) LIP GLOSS: Although they've been mentioned above, here is the official rundown of all six shades:
- Dior Addict Fluid Stick in Versatile (formula reviewed HERE): Brand new for the Fall 2015 collection, I adore this easy to wear peachy pink; it boasts marvelous hydration and significant lasting power.
- Surratt Beauty Lip Lustre in Charmante (reviewed HERE and HERE): This true peach is sophisticated and flattering. I am resolute in my belief that if Surratt Beauty and Audrey Hepburn existed in the same space-time continuum, she most certainly would have worn Charmante.
- NARS Lip Gloss in Chelsea Girls: I am beyond glad that I picked up this reformulation on a whim last week (the same day as the booties). The rosy beige pink is effortless, pigmented and not sticky...it will likely have a permanent home in my handbag.
- Tom Ford Ultra Shine Lip Gloss in Naked (reviewed HERE): Ever a favorite, this glistening beige is peerless.
- Marc Jacobs Enamored Lip Gloss in Pink Steam (reviewed HERE): I love the unique lilac hue of this stand-alone shade and the ultra-shiny formula is addicting.
- Smith & Cult Lip Gloss in Fade the Sun (reviewed HERE): Delicately shimmering like a summer sunset, Fade the Sun is alluringly beautiful. I adore the Smith & Cult line and grab for this gem often.
|Above: Last look.|
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: There you have it...3 summertime loves incarnate. I truly hope you found this post entertaining and would love to know what has been inspiring YOU in August...do tell!
Good things ahead, including more foundation, some green beauty, a fresh video (in the process of being edited down to a reasonably watchable length) and new product procurements aplenty.
Have a beautiful day...xx,
--The Beauty Professor
© 2012-15 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.