|Above: The test subjects.|
As an editor, my access to fresh beauty and skincare releases is a dream come to life; never did I imagine that I would have the opportunity to spend my time test driving the products that I do.
Although the immediate gratification of makeup will forever captivate me, today, I am excited to share 15 beauty and skincare innovations that I've been trialing as of late!
Kindly scroll on for more details and images as well as the Bottom Line...
|Above: Skin first, makeup second...wearing Chanel Rouge Allure Gloss in Ideale (review on this gem soon).|
|Above: Sunlit and effective...beauty innovations at their best.|
(1) *LiftLab Purify and Clarify (reviewed HERE): I am on tube #3 of this incredible cleanser/scrub/mask hybrid, which is an immense testament to its efficacy. It gently removes impurities and rinses clean, leaving smooth and balanced skin in its wake. Try this.
(2) *Foreo Luna Mini: Relying on sonic pulsations, this handheld gem has soft silicon bristles that, when used with your favorite cleanser, deep cleans pores without irritation.
(3) *NuFace: Microcurrent technology has never been more accessible than with this brilliant device that, with regular usage, reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. I like using it along my jawline to enhance facial contours and plan to focus its attention on my emerging "eleven lines" next!
(4) *Le Mieux Skin Perfector (reviewed HERE): Ultrasonic waves vibrate at a nearly imperceptible level to deep clean pores and smooth and exfoliate skin. One session with this "magic wand" and I daresay, you may become addicted. Seeing pores cleaned out with every pass is entirely gratifiying.
(5) *Verso Dark Spot Fix: If you battle with dark spots and facial discoloration, consider this retinol 8-infused formula. The stable vitamin A can be tolorated by sensitive skin and the increased cell turnover initiated by this powerhouse ingredient yields clearer, brighter skin.
(6) *Niod Photography Fluid: This golden elixir possesses light-diffusing properties that allow skin to photograph at its best. Like a "liquid filter," just a few drops prior to makeup application blurs pores and fine lines while simultaneously bringing out the best tones in one's skin. Being in front of a camera multiple times a week, I have truly enjoyed my experiments with this genius formula.
(7) *Jenu Ultrasonic Infuser: When used in conjunction with skincare, this wand emits 365,000 pulses of ultrasonic energy per second; this energy allows skincare to be absorbed at levels below the surface, thereby maximizing efficacy. The wand itself may be subtle and silent, however, I adore the idea of my skincare reaching deep enough into my visage to actually have substantive results.
(8) *Magicstripes: Designed to be a non-surgical solution to drooping eyelids, the discrete clear stickers are like an instant eyelift with none of the downtime, expensive price tag or commitment...brilliant.
(9) *Artis Elite Mirror Oval 10 Brush: The dense fibers of this unique brush artfully distribute and blend foundation (both liquid and powder) with ease for a seamless finish and the cutting-edge design of the tool makes it the quintessential fusion of form and function.
|Above: Next-level beauty gadgetry.|
|Above: The Foreo Luna Mini Save the Sea edition.|
|Above: Canvas perfecting triad.|
|Above: Swatches of the Niod Photography Fluid in direct sunlight.|
|Above: Ingredients to make skin glow.|
(10) *Hampton Sun Sunless Tanning Mist (reviewed HERE): This has been my go-to sunless tanner since the summertime and everytime I apply it, someone asks me if I've been in the sun...it's simply that natural looking. The aerosl spray applies neatly and evenly and
(11) *Mila Moursi Body Scrub: A permanent fixture in my shower as of late, I love the grainy texture of this body scrub...when combined with warm water, it has the power to swiftly smooth skin, making it feel like silk.
(12) *Mila Moursi Body Brush: I have been embracing the powers of dry brushing a couple of times a week and this brush is the perfect companion; focused on sloughing off dead skin before bathing, the flexible, natural fibers of this brush smooth and invigorate my skin, preparing it for the moisturizing to come.
|Above: Trind Nail Balsam + Colgate Optic White Whitening Pen + Toothbrush.|
(13) Trind Nail Balsam (reviewed HERE): My nails are so sensitive, especially if I use nail polish regularly; splitting, peeling nails, unfortunately, are a constant battle and so far, the only formula that truly makes a difference in but a couple of days is Trind. This instantly absorbed liquid gel hydrates nails, thereby strengthening them and correcting fragility issues. Nothing works better on my nails than this balsam!
(14) *Colgate Optic White Whitening Pen + Toothbrush: I love the compact nature of this duo; the powerful whitening pen (which can be used on the go) neatly fits into the handle of the toothbrush when not in use, giving us absolutely no excuse for teeth that aren't their pearly white beset.
(15) *Baby Foot: A mask for one's feet? Indeed! Baby Foot relies on the regenerating properties of Lactic Acid to remove dry skin and callouses after a single usage. Simply put on the individual, disposable booties for up to one hour and watch dry skin peel off 5-7 days later. You are truly left with fresh skin, once only reserved for those 12 months and younger.
|Above: Baby Foot.|
|Above: Happy skin.|
|Above: Last look.|
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope your weekend is off to a marvelous start and that you enjoyed this beauty innovation feature; have you tried anything on my list? Thoughts?
Good things ahead, including even more fall beauty, a video tutorial and an overview of the new Marisa Berenson skincare line, exclusive to Neiman Marcus...I'm also still working my way through email and comment responses...what a week this has been!
What is new with YOU?
--The Beauty Professor
** PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-15 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.