|Above: Sixteen pink lip color options currently on rotation.|
When I was in high school, I had strict rules about what makeup I could wear; while all my friends were imbibing in Studio Fix foundation and deep wine lip color from MAC, I was relegated to a bit of Clinique sheer pressed powder and baby pink lipstick (L'Oreal Sealilly and Maybelline Sugar Pink were my go-to's). Now a grown woman without makeup constraints, I often marvel at my past predicament because even though it seemed so restrictive at the time, I completely see the wisdom in my parents' edicts on subtle and natural beauty looks. Face-brightening yet understated and always classic and chic, to this day, I cannot get enough light pink lipstick; in turn, I have amassed an absurd collection!
Kindly scroll on for sixteen pink lip color options of all textures and finishes in my current rotation...
|Above: The first six shades.|
2. Jouer Hydrating Lipstick in Kate: Soft and silky, Kate is a gorgeous creamy baby pink with no shimmer and plenty of sass. This is oh-so-befitting with a dramatic cat eye.
3. Ardency Inn Americana Natural Lip Color Pencil in Bowery (also reviewed HERE): Bowery is a tender light nude pink that doesn't wash out the face...a fabulous neutral option.
4. Lipstick Queen Big Bang gloss in Infinite (also reviewed HERE): This plush gloss has complex micro-shimmer and a delicate pink hue, lovely on its own or to add mirror-like reflection to existing color.
5. Youngblood Debalicious (also reviewed HERE): My favorite shade in the Youngblood line, Debalicious is a bright and opaque light pink...bubblegum goodness.
6. Koh Gen Do Maifanshi Lipstick in PK04 Fresh Pink: This ultra-hydrating sheer wash of color leaves my lips slightly flushed and naturally juicy looking.
|Above: Swatches of the first six in direct sunlight.|
|Above: The next five shades.|
7. Le Metier de Beaute Sheer Brilliance Gloss in Pink-e Promise (also reviewed HERE): One of my darker, brighter pinks, this pigment-drenched liquid lip color adds an instant pop of cheery color.
8. Mirenesse Lip Bomb #8 (worn in THIS VIDEO): A gloss/lipstick/stain hybrid, this unique formula takes pink nude lips to the next level with full coverage and a lasting finish. This is the perfect balance of pink, peach and nude!
9. VBeaute Lip Spread in Virgin: I am new to the VBeaute brand but, upon a bit of research, noted that there are many Lip Spread devotees! This anti-aging lip treatment has a beautiful wash of pale pink color. I can't wait to try more from this line.
10. By Terry Gloss Terrybly in Honeymoon Kiss (also reviewed HERE): A perennial favorite, Honeymoon Kiss is a peachy pink dream with golden micro-shimmer that makes the lips look fuller and entirely kissable. A worthy splurge from the venerable By Terry line.
11. Surratt Lip Lustre in Coquette (also reviewed HERE): Since picking this up in November, Coquette hasn't left my purse. This creamy, opaque pink nude looks sublime on its own and elevates the impact of every light lip color I own...my favorite lip mix to date involves combining this with Lime Crime Babette.
|Above: Swatches of the next five shades in direct sunlight.|
|Above: The final five shades.|
12. Tom Ford Ultra Shine Gloss in Tawny Pink (also reviewed HERE): When it comes to Tom Ford gloss, most of my love goes to Naked, however, when I am in the market for more color, Tawny Pink is my next choice. The most exquisite blend of pink and beige, this gloss offers intense shine and a stunning neutral finish.
13. Beauty Is Life gloss in Sacara (also reviewed HERE): In light of how many pinks I have, it is rare for me to run through a single one in a year. Enter: Sacara...this creamy, cool baby pink has amazing opacity and lasting power. Need to procure tube #2 next week!
14. Armour Beauty Opaque Gloss in Hello (also featured HERE): I am so impressed with the Armour Beauty Opaque Gloss formula (full review soon!). Hello is a bright, almost violet-tinged pink that has insane pigmentation for a gloss...I adore mixing it with a paler, more neutral shade (Surratt Coquette, Tom Ford Nude Vanille) for bright pinky nude lip.
15. Rouge Bunny Rouge Sweet Excesses gloss in Rahat Lokum (also reviewed HERE): This whisper-light, extremely moisturizing gloss has a delicate pearlescence that adds a sophisticated pink gleam to the lips.
16. Hourglass Opaque Rouge in Canvas: Brimming with pigment and a velvety finish, Canvas reminds me of a slightly brighter, pinker Armani Lip Maestro #500. This versatile shade has the capability of looking gorgeous on a variety of skin tones; it's a lighter pink that, remarkably, still looks incredibly rich and vivid!
|Above: Swatches of the final five shades in direct sunlight.|
|Above: My sixteen choices, resplendent in the sunshine.|
|Above: Can you guess which pink lip color(s) I am wearing in this picture? ; )|
Bottom Line: I will likely never outgrow my penchant for pink lip color...the sixteen choices in this post were but a sampling of my current favorites and I can't wait to share more in the coming days!
What are some of YOUR favorite pink lip color options?
Good things ahead on the blog...I promise ; )
--The Beauty Professor
**A few products mentioned are PR samples provided for review (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. This post contains affiliate links; my disclosure policy contains additional details on how these work.