|Above: By Densiliss Compact Contouring and Blush Contouring duos, resplendent in the sunshine.|
The By Terry Game of Light Collection, now available at Beautylish, has been on my radar for awhile. Late last month, I covered the uniquely beautiful Magnet'Eyes Palette and now I am thrilled to extend my thoughts and swatches of the four contouring and blush powders; to preview, they are finely milled, richly pigmented and endlessly flattering on a spectrum of skintones...magnifique!
Kindly scroll on for more details, a copious amount of swatches and images of the By Terry powder compacts in action as well as the Bottom Line...
|Above: By Terry Terrybly Densiliss Compact Contouring 100 Fresh Contrast.|
The powders come in two types--contour and blush--and in four shade duos. As one would expect from the venerable By Terry line, the formula is silky smooth with excellent color payoff. The contours cater towards light-medium skin tones and the blushes are pigmented enough to expertly brighten up fair through medium-dark skin tones.
Housed in a luxurious, heavy metal compact, they come with a lovely fan brush that adeptly deposits color on the cheek. The long-lasting effect on the face is sublime...all eight powder shades contribute to a radiant, softly flushed visage that looks natural yet perfected. Needless to say, I am duly smitten!
Shade Descriptions (per my experience):
- *By Terry Terrybly Densiliss Compact Contouring 100 Fresh Contrast: Matte baby pink (to highlight) and light rosy tan (to contour).
- *By Terry Terrybly Densiliss Compact Contouring 200 Beige Contrast: Matte golden ivory (to highlight) and light neutral-to-warm tan (to contour).
- *By Terry Terrybly Densiliss Blush Contouring 300 Peachy Sculpt: Shimmering pale apricot pink (to highlight) and satiny peach-meets-coral (as blush).
- *By Terry Terrybly Densiliss Blush Contouring 400 Rosy Shape: Matte light pink (to highlight) and medium-deep, satin finish rose (as blush)
|Above: By Terry Terrybly Densiliss Compact Contouring 200 Beige Contrast.|
Official details for both the contour and the blush--courtesy of Beautylish--are as follows:
This contouring duo sculpts, corrects and contrasts volumes with light & shadow. The dark shade creates shadows and redefines areas in need of refinement; the light shade highlights contours in need of enhancement. Its exclusive wrinkle control Densiliss technology is a concentration of the finest mimetic pigments and F.T.C (Flawless Time-Control) prisms to mimic every skin texture and skin tone. Ultra-light and extra-fine, its light-smoothing texture blends without accentuating the features, wrinkles or fine lines. The face is reshaped, contoured and styled with a buildable matte-satin finish.
Contour Ingredients: Talc, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Lauroyl Lysine, CI 77491 / Iron Oxides, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Mica, CI 77492 / Iron Oxides, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, Dimethicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbic Acid, Silica, CI 15850 / Red 7 Lake, Parfum / Fragrance, Alumina, Magnesium Oxide, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Hydroxycitronellal, Alpha-isomethyl Ionone, Geraniol.
Blush Ingredients: Blush Ingredients: Talc, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491 / Iron Oxides, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Phenyl Trimethicone, CI 15850 / Red 7 Lake, Sorbic Acid, Silica, CI 77492 / Iron Oxides, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, Sodium Dehydroacetate, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, Parfum / Fragrance, Tin Oxide, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Hydroxycitronellal, Alpha-isomethyl Ionone, Geraniol, CI 75470 / Carmine.
|Above: By Terry Terrybly Densiliss Blush Contouring 300 Peachy Sculpt.|
|Above: By Terry Terrybly Densiliss Blush Contouring 400 Rosy Shape.|
|Above: All four options.|
|Above: Swatches in direct sunlight.|
To showcase the By Terry powders, I opted for a cheek-centric look, complemented by a fresh, matte peach lip:
- *TEMPTU Air Foundation in Beige...I have been using this for the past five days and I am stunned by how flawlessly it applies foundation; my base stays in place (without need for touch ups) for well over 12 hours! I will be sharing a detailed review of this innovation soon.
- *By Terry Beige Contrast #200 to contour and highlight along the hollows of my cheeks (applied with the Chikuhodo GSN 04 brush)
- *By Terry Peachy Sculpt #300...I used the lighter shade along my upper cheeks and the deeper peach on the apples of my cheeks for a "just pinched" look. I also blended a bit of the lighter shade with the Bronze Moon eyeshadow, up to my brow bones for a warm apricot effect.
- By Terry Ombre Blackstar in Bronze Moon (reviewed HERE) on the upper eyelids (mixed with the lighter half of Peachy Sculpt), blended with the *Artis Elite Mirror Oval 4 brush (reviewed HERE)
- Surratt Beauty Relevee Mascara (reviewed HERE)...two coats for naturally full and lengthened lashes that don't smudge.
- *Surratt Beauty Expressioniste Brow Pencil (reviewed HERE) to lightly shape, groom and polish brows...I just finished my first cartridge of this gem!
- *Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick Sexy Sienna...this glowing peachy coral is hydrating, pigmented and long lasting...full review on four of my picks from this formula coming soon!
- I set everything with a light misting of the Air Repair Complexion Quenching Facial Mist, which adds a refreshing dewy finish to heat-stricken skin.
|Above: Swatches of all products in direct sunlight.|
|Above: Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Sexy Sienna lipstick front and center.|
The following images reflect all products in action in various lighting situations...
|Above: Last look.|
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: As to be expected, the key products of the By Terry Game of Light Collection--specifically the Compact Contouring and Blush Contouring--are utterly magnificent. I am loving experimenting with the blendable shades to create a customized sense of depth and light on my face and highly recommend these gems for those seeking naturally glowing cheeks.
Good things ahead, including more Fall 2015 releases, a skincare update and a green beauty feature!
I am also working my way through responding to your lovely comments and emails...hope your September is going well thus far...xx,
--The Beauty Professor
** PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-15 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.