|Above: Blue nails + fishtails...|
Sometimes a beauty look is the culmination of a single product. Case in point...this post. Enchanted by the creamy lapis blue that is the new Burberry Nail Polish in Imperial Blue, I felt inspired to embrace an eclectic approach that yielded two fish tails, a clean canvas, a subtle cat eye and a breezy pink pout. It's times like these that no rhyme or reason makes the most sense!
Kindly scroll on for more details, swatches and images of the products in action as well as the Bottom Line...
|Above: Products for my FOTD.|
- Chanel Vitalumiere Powder Foundation in B30 (available in Europe and Asia only)...this whisper light formula offers incredible coverage and a natural, lasting finish that places it at the top of my current mineral powder favorites!
- By Terry Densiliss Concealer #3 Natural Beige (reviewed HERE)...banishes dark circles in 2 seconds flat...entirely worth it.
- Clé de Peau Beauté Radiant Powder Foundation in O 20 (also available at Clé de Peau Beaute and reviewed HERE)...I used this to touch up my nose and cheek area; the formula is incredible.
- Clé de Peau Beauté Luminizing Face Enhancer #12 (reviewed HERE)...soft golden beams of light in powder form, perfect for the high points of the face.
- Stilazzi and Cozzette Brushes (reviewed HERE and HERE)...beautiful synthetic bristles for adroit makeup application.
- La Prairie Cellular Radiance Cream Blush in Peach Glow (reviewed HERE)...I cannot get enough of this pigmented, luminous formula; just a touch tapped onto the apples of my cheeks is transformational.
- Beauty Is Life Shiny Eyeshadow in Handsome...I used this pale peach (with a slightly satin finish) to even my lids and add a touch of depth. Love this staple!
- Burberry Wet & Dry Glow Eyeshadow in Shell...I am totally smitten with this new formula, which features smooth color payoff and no creasing. Shell is a glowing warm beige with a blindingly beautiful luster. I added this over Handsome for a bit of shine. Comprehensive review of the new Burberry shadows forthcoming!
- By Terry Mascara Terrybly...lush, long, soft and flexible lashes in two coats.
- Surratt Beauty Autographique liner (reviewed HERE)...simply the best liquid liner on the market...used in this post to create a sleek cat eye that doesn't budge.
- By Terry Baume de Rose Gloss (reviewed HERE)...I now have two tubes of this wonder elixir in my possession and I hope I am never without it again in my life. As a balm, lip color base and shiny gloss, it is endlessly marvelous.
- Marc Jacobs P(Outliner) lip liner in Honeybun...this ultra smooth lipliner applies effortlessly, creating a stunning trail of opaque color; better yet, it lasts for hours on end. Honeybun is a charming peachy pink that is especially befitting for pinks and nudes.
- Marc Jacobs Le Marc Lip Creme Georgie Girl...a lusciously creamy and hydrating formula, the new Le Marc in Georgie Girl is pale pink perfection in a tube. I adore it ever so much...I even bought two more to give as gifts ; )
- Topshop Charlie Ortise Oversized Flannel...a muted color palette, ultra soft weave and--gasp--pockets make this a wardrobe overachiever.
|Above: Products for an even and radiant complexion.|
|Above: Swatches of face products in direct sunlight.|
|Above: The La Prairie Cellular Radiance Cream Blush in Peach Glow is breathtakingly easy to wear.|
|Above: The polish that started it all...Burberry Imperial Blue.|
|Above: Nail and eye products.|
|Above: Swatches of eye products in direct sunlight.|
|Above: Burberry Wet & Dry Glow Eyeshadow in Shell...the luminosity is unreal!|
|Above: Three products for a quintessential pink pout.|
|Above: Swatches of all lip products used in direct sunlight.|
|Above: My lip mix.|
The following images reflect the products in action in various lighting situations...
|Above: Last look.|
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this eclectic FOTD...I embrace a relatively restrained and natural look so often that sometimes it's amusing to change it up ; ) Although I use many of these splendid products on a regular basis, the new standouts for me, personally, include the La Prairie Cellular Radiance Cream Blush, Marc Jacobs (P)Outliner in Honeybun and Burberry Wet & Dry Glow Eyeshadow in Shell. All three perform so well and are delightful updates to one's spring makeup approach!
Good things ahead, including a recap of the Neiman Marcus Beverly Hills Project Beauty event that I hosted, fresh product procurements, a sunscreen feature and a full review of the Burberry Spring/Summer releases. Oh, and I am still working on comment and email responses ; )
Happy Daylight Savings Day + have a blessed Sunday...xx,
--The Beauty Professor
** PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterik (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own.
© 2012-15 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.