|Above: Skincare and skincare-inflused makeup for a subtle and refined canvas.|
In honor of the maxim, "the best makeup is good skincare," this FOTD is dedicated to my current skincare and skincare-infused makeup favorites. When formulas impart high-performance efficacy, a simple beauty look (that's bare skin but better) will suffice!
Kindly scroll on for more details, images and the Bottom Line...
|Above: The full look in direct sunshine. Rings are estate pieces, including a vintage Cartier Trinity Band.|
|Above: Face, eyes, body and cosmetics...all under control with a few potent products!|
|Above: Oxygen-infused body lotion to combat the driest of skin.|
(1) Karin Herzog Oxygen Body 1% Body Cream: This moisturizer/exfoliator hybrid employs the use of fruit acis and active oxygen to encourage cell turnover, leaving super smooth skin in its wake. Now that we are finally experiencing a burst of cool fall weather, my dry skin is benefitting from this powerful treatment...just a bit (spread with the brush so my fingertips do not absorb the active ingredients) over my limbs for a few minutes does the trick; I then wash it off in the shower and I am stunned by how soft and supple my skin is!
|Above: This completely lives up to its cult status...my skin is ALWAYS improved upon using this elixir.|
(2) SK-II Facial Treatment Essence (reviewed HERE and used HERE): It may feel like water, but this Pitera-drenched essence is much more! A moisturizer, refiner and first base layer all in one, pressing a few drops into my visage each morning and night has become an unmitigated part of my routine. I have noticed an improvement in my skin's overall luminosity, smoothness, clarity and health...I adore this (and just picked up a bottle for my mom!)
|Above: Aubergine goodness...this rose-scented oil absorbs instantly, adding moisture and radiance to the face.|
(3) Sisley Black Black Rose Precious Face Oil: With temperatures dropping, additional hydration reinforcements are now in order. This divinely-scented ultra thin dry oil is a perfect solution; I apply a few drops directly following my SK-II Facial Treatment and couldn't be more pleased with its ability to deliver moisture without looking shiny. The fact that it has anti-aging properties as well makes it a prudently luxe indulgence, indeed.
|Above: The orbital area is in check with this La Prairie power team.|
(4) La Prairie Skin Caviar Luxe Eye Lift Cream (reviewed HERE and HERE): I have tried an absurd amount of eye creams in the last year or two and this one easily ranks amongst the top three I've experienced. Rich and plush, it makes an immediate difference (brighter, tighter and smoother) when applied to the orbital area. Usage over time (I've tested this for the past month) further demonstrates its efficacy; the amount of fine lines near my eyes has reduced greatly and I am excited to monitor the results as I head into month #2.
|Above: With a single drop, the luminescent serum immediately brightens the eyes.|
(5) La Prairie Eye Essence Platinum Rare (initially mentioned HERE): This newly-released essence is the quintessential partner for the Skin Caviar Luxe Eye Lift Cream (discussed above). Silky and cushiony (with subtle light reflecting properties), this serum works best when applied first; it reduces puffiness, dark circles and fatigue, thereby priming the orbital area for the hydration and lifting abilities of the Skin Caviar Luxe Eye Lift. I like to think of both products as an absurdly effective one-two punch that vastly improves the all-important region that frames the "windows to the soul."
|Above: Color + Skincare = the best skin.|
(6) Surratt Beauty Surrealiste Skin Concealer (swatched HERE and reviewed HERE): This concealer has the most perfect ability to render blemishes and dark spots completely invisible; the texture is like real skin and its penchant for staying in place without creasing, migrating or fading is unparalleled. This is always in my bag.
(7) Air Repair Maximum Moisture Lip Quencher: This brand new release from the marvelous Air Repair line (the travel set is reviewed HERE and is also available at Target.com) is an ultra-hydrating lip product with a lovely shine and softly shimmering pink tint. Since receiving it, I've been wearing it daily, both alone (for a natural look...as in the images below) and under lip color for an extra dose of moisture. My perrenially dry lips are left smooth, comfortable, full and happy...love this non-sticky delight!
(8) By Terry Densiliss Wrinkle Control Serum Foundation in #7 (swatched and reviewed HERE): Nothing says skincare + foundation as clearly as this magnificent base from the venerable By Terry line. Medium to full coverage with anti-aging ingredients and a flattering semi-matte finish, this foundation perfects the canvas in a couple of pumps. I really enjoy wearing this formula in the cooler months as I find it gives my skin an extra protective boost.
(9) Chantecalle Liquid Lumiere Anti-Aging Cheek Illuminator in Luster (reviewed HERE): This blush, illuminator and smoothing, anti-aging skincare gel adds instantly light to the face. Luster is a stunning shimmering coral that adds a dewy flush to the cheek bones. The fact that it also smooths fine lines and refines pores is sublime.
(10) Clé de Peau Beauté Perfect Lash Mascara (reviewed HERE): With rich dark black pigments and an easy to maneuver wand, this formula adds length, volume and strenth to the lashes in a single coat. It doesn't claim to be waterproof, but I have discovered that it completely adheres to one's fringe until it is removed...truly long-lasting for naturally fluttery lashes.
|Above: It does not purport to be waterproof, but the CdPB Perfect Lash Mascara does. not. budge.|
The images below reflect usage of the products discussed in (various lighting situations)...
|Above: In direct sunlight, with a flash.|
|Above: In direct sunlight.|
|Above: With a flash.|
|Above: Natural sunlight.|
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this skincare inspired FOTD...sharing new product discoveries is my passion and nothing makes me a more satisfied beauty blogger than discussing what is tried, tested and true in my life! The culiminating look from the products mentioned may not be creative or trendy, but it, in my opinion, perfectly exemplifies the bare skin but better aesthetic ; )
What are some of YOUR favorite skincare and skincare-infused makeup products as of late? Do please share!
October favorites video coming up soon (the gorgeous rain this weekend put a bit of a damper on my initial filming plans) as well as a host of other beauty features...xx,
--The Beauty Professor
** PR samples provided for review (the majority purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own.
© 2012-14 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.