Hello, lovelies! I hope your Thanksgiving week is going well. I am still in NYC -- a million good things to share in a future recap -- and happy to share a FOTD that features a melange of new discoveries (namely, lip color and base) and current staples. Cumulatively, the products work together to create a simple look that is both classic and fresh!
Kindly scroll on for more details, swatches and images of the products in action as well as the Bottom Line...
- IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ SPF 50 Cream in Medium: I have been experimenting with this hybrid base (major skincare benefits and impressive physical SPF) for the past few weeks and am quite smitten with its low maintenance application (I use my fingers), significant coverage and beautiful, creamy, natural skin finish. It is friendly to sensitive skin and lasts for hours (I took the pictures that follow at the end of a 7 hour teaching day) without need for touch up. There are only five shades, so finding a match could prove a challenge, especially for super fair and rich ebony tones but Medium is a befitting match for my NC 25-27 skin. This is an excellent option for days when you don't have time for traditional foundation but still desire an even complexion. Love it!
- *Clé de Peau Beauté Bronzing Powder (also available at CdPB and reviewed HERE): Applied to hollows of cheek bones and perimeter of the face to sculpt and warm up the the canvas...since the temperatures have dropped, I've been grabbing for this light bronze option constantly.
- *Le Metier de Beaute Full Stream Kaleidoscope (reviewed HERE): I placed the bronze and highlighter shades on the eyes and used the pink blush on the apples of my cheeks for a pigmented yet luminous effect. I adore this particular kaleidoscope and highly recommend it...every time I use it, someone seems to ask what I'm wearing on my eyes, cheeks etc.
- *Burberry Effortless Brow Definer in Sepia (reviewed HERE): Swept along the constraints of the brow to groom, shape and polish these vital face framers.
- Tom Ford Extreme Mascara (not pictured but reviewed HERE): Two coats guarantee dark, full and lush lashes.
- *Le Metier de Beaute Waterproof Lip Liner in Nylon (reviewed HERE): This creamy, pinky nude supplies a lovely, indelible base that shapes the lip line and invites lipstick to stay in place.
- Dior Diorific Mat Lipstick in Radieuse: This limited-edition shade was a no regrets impulse buy. Entranced by the allure of the iconic, golden packaging and delicate rose-meets-nude-meets peach of the bullet, this matte lipstick feels like velvet on my perennially dry pout. I am stunned by how moisturizing the formula is and the color is equal parts creamy, pigmented and soft for a unique spin on the prominent deep rose lips ubiquitous to the season. I am truly contemplating purchasing a back up before this shade sells out!
- Kevyn Aucoin The Gossamer Loose Diaphanous Powder in Warm (reviewed HERE): Just a light dusting is all that is necessary to set makeup for the day...it is virtually imperceptible to the naked eye yet somehow blurs pores, softens fine lines and perfects everything upon application.
- *Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Mist (reviewed HERE): One quick spritz makes a world of difference; it sets makeup while imparting a radiant glow.
|Above: A swatch of IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ SPF 50 Cream in Medium (suitable for N/NC 25-27 skin) in direct sunlight.|
|Above: Base and face product swatches in direct sunlight.|
|Above: Wearing the bronzy goodness of the Le Metier de Beaute Full Stream Kaleidoscope in direct sunlight.|
|Above: Velvety smooth and delightfully pigmented, the Dior Diorific Mat Lipstick in Radieuse is suprisingly hydrating.|
|Above: A swatch of Dior Diorific Mat Lipstick in Radieuse in direct sunlight.|
|Above: Dior Radieuse alone on the lips.|
|Above: Bronzer and brow definer swatches in direct sunlight.|
The following images reflect all products in action in various lighting situations...
|Above: Last look.|
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this simple, sunlit FOTD...I am particularly enjoying the gorgeous graces of the Dior Diorific Mat Lipstick in Radieuse and IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ SPF 50 Cream in Medium. Also, one cannot go wrong with the versatile wonder of the Le Metier de Beaute Full Stream Kaleidoscope...I can't believe this LE gem is still in stock!
I am currently in the midst of travel: Beauty Professor readers in NYC...please leave your suggestions for what I shouldn't miss while in the city!!!
Good things ahead, including a new brush feature, a skincare update and my Black Friday and Cyber Monday shopping guides...xx and have a beautiful Thanksgiving week,
--The Beauty Professor
** PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own.
© 2012-15 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.