|Above: Jenny Patinkin's Lazy Perfection brush line is both visually stunning and entirely pragmatic.|
I have never been one to go crazy for makeup brushes...ever on a quest to save time during my morning makeup ritual, I have pared down my efforts and supplies, thereby determining that I can create a full face (suitable for my professional teaching job) in less than seven minutes with two or three brushes maximum. If I may be so honest, I've resigned myself to the reality that my desire to get every last minute of sleep in the AM supersedes my will to meticulously apply makeup!
|Above: Lazy Perfection brushes and their accompanying brush cases.|
That being said, I am sure I have taken some less-than-preferable shortcuts (e.g., applying and smudging eye shadow with my ring fingers and using the same--gasp--makeup brush for bronzer and blush) that, upon a fleeting glance in the mirror, demand some form of emergency attention later on in the morning. Consequently, when I was given the opportunity to try the immensely talented Chicago-based makeup artist Jenny Patinkin's signature line of brushes, I felt both excited and bemused (how will I use them all?!) by the prospect.
|Above: In the foreground, the amazing All-Over Face Brush.|
Jenny Patinkin's Lazy Perfection perspective (also available at Space.NK and Joyous and espoused at her Dollface Beauty School) postulates that beauty doesn't need to be complicated in order to be flattering; this minimum effort, maximum results mentality completely resonates with my personal aesthetic and I was immediately intrigued by the notion of finely-crafted tools (namely, makeup brushes) that could skillfully help me to continue to create the easy, natural looks towards which Jenny and I both gravitate. After a few months of use, I am astounded by the way in which I have effortlessly integrated the ultra-luxe Lazy Perfection brushes into my routine; each of the tools in her 12 Brush Complete Collection have received regular usage, transforming my process into one of relaxed precision and beautiful results!
|Above: Ahh...this is what Lazy Perfection looks like.|
In order to best exemplify their efficacy, my video (below) demonstrates a few of my favorites brushes and how I use them with specific products to achieve a glowing, everyday look.
Products mentioned include:
- Jenny Patinkin brush holders in TAUPE and PINK
- Jenny Patinkin Domed Multi-Blender Brush...also mentioned on the blog HERE
- Cle de Peau Concealer in Beige...also mentioned on the blog HERE
- Jenny Patinkin All-Over Face Brush...also mentioned on the blog HERE
- Giorgio Armani Sheer Bronzer #1...also mentioned on the blog HERE
- Jenny Patinkin Brow Brush
- By Terry Eyebrow Mascara in #4 Dark Brown...also mentioned on the blog HERE
- Surratt Beauty Large Compact...also featured on the blog HERE
- Ellis Faas Lights
- Jenny Patinkin Eye Shadow Basics Brush
- Surratt Beauty Artistique Eyeshadow in Haute Chocolat...also mentioned on the blog HERE
- Surratt Beauty Artistique Eyeshadow in Dore...also mentioned on the blog HERE
- Jenny Patinkin Flat/Fluffy Cheek Brush
- Surratt Beauty Artistique Blush in Duchesse...also reviewed on the blog HERE
- Jenny Patinkin Kitten-Paw Multi Brush
- Surratt Beauty Artistique Blush in Aureole (as a highlighter)...also mentioned on the blog HERE
- Jenny Patinkin Large Domed Powder Brush
- Le Metier de Beaute Peau Vierge Anti-Aging Powder in #2...also comprehensively reviewed on the blog HERE
- On the lips...Youngblood Hydrating Lip Tint in Peony and Surratt Beauty Lip Lustre in Coquette...also reviewed on the blog HERE
Kindly scroll on for closeup images of each of the Jenny Patinkin Brushes from the 12 Brush Complete Collection as well as the Bottom Line...
|Above: The Pin-Point Liner Brush is great for eyeliner, tightlining, spot concealing and applying lip color.|
|Above: The super soft Eye Liner Smudge Brush works well with pencils, gels and powders.|
|Above: The Eyebrow Brush is angled to fill in brows, imparting a natural result rather than harsh lines.|
|Above: The Eye Shadow Basic Brush has dense yet flexible bristles that can apply shadow sheerly or with remarkable opacity.|
|Above: The Flat/Fluffy Eye Definer Brush is excellent for building a smoky eye.|
|Above: The Domed Eye Contour Brush establishes perfect shading and blending and is the ideal companion for powder shadows.|
|Above: The Concealer Brush features flexible synthetic fibers that cover dark circle and blemishes effectively.|
|Above: The soft and dense domed head of the Domed Multi-Blender Brush is my favorite for seamlessly applying cream concealer to my under eye region!|
|Above: The All-Over Face Brush can be used to apply cream and powder foundation, bronzer, blush, contour (my preference!) and highlighter...it's truly incredible.|
|Above: I love the diminutive Kitten-Paw Multi Brush for precise application of highlighter and/or contour to my cheek and brow bones. Meow!|
|Above: The Flat/Fluffy Cheek Brush delivers blush and bronzer in a light as air fashion.|
|Above: The Large Domed Powder Brush (made of Blue Squirrel and Goat hairs) is decadently soft and well-suited to applying powder.|
Bottom Line: As one who was admittedly makeup brush-phobic, I am happy to report that the stunning Jenny Patinkin Lazy Perfection line has forever changed my mind about the role of tools in my routine. My morning makeup application is still as expeditious as ever, but instead of being occasionally cavalier and haphazard, it is refreshingly precise while still reflecting the natural, laid-back beauty look that I prefer. Highly recommended!
Hope your week is going well...the weekend is almost here ; )
xoxo and more soon,
--The Beauty Professor
**PR sample provided for review, however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. This post contains affiliate links; my disclosure policy contains additional details on how these work.