|Above: Overalls from Nasty Gal.|
In honor of the weekend, I offer you an uber-relaxed outfit + beauty post, replete with tranquil nature, wild hair and distressed denim. Honestly, I never thought I would find myself wearing overalls again but *this patched pair (currently on sale), coupled with a basic black tank top and *leather booties (also on sale!) makes brilliant, soon-to-be-summertime sense. Let's just say they've already received quite a bit of action in my "casual clothes" rotation!
Kindly scroll on for more images, details and the Bottom Line...
|Above: Even skin, pale taupe eyes and flushed pink lips tame an otherwise wind-rendered unruly braid (hair and beauty details below).|
|Above: Sleek aesthetics and impressive performance...haircare from R+Co.|
Initial haircare for this look consists of three products from the luscious R+Co line:
- *R+Co Atlantis Moisturizing Shampoo: Gives my hair a drink of hydration and has such a fresh "blue" fragrance.
- *R+Co Atlantis Moisturizing Conditioner: I apply this to the ends of my hair to aid in detangling!
- *R+Co Chiffon Styling Mousse: Just a touch scrunched into my locks adds enough texture to form a hearty braid, tied with a piece of wild grass.
|Above: The Marula Shimmering Gold Oil is a plush and emollient formula with a gorgeous, non-glittery glow.|
I used a pump of the luxurious *African Botanics Marula Shimmering Gold Oil to condition my arms...the immense moisture and tender glow it yields is covet worthy. As a multi-tasking bonus, I applied the excess oil on my palms to my braid, which added additional shine and manageability, especially when the braid was removed. This oil is an absolutely worthy splurge and the benefits, ingredients and instant radiance cannot be beat!
Official details, courtesy of SpaceNK:
An ultra-nourishing gold shimmering, rare fusion that illuminates every complexion and can be used on face, body and hair.
Infused with an exquisite antioxidant-rich complex of restorative African Marula, Moringa, Baobab and Kalahari Melon seed oils especially chosen for their resilience to harsh climatic conditions
& ability to deeply nourish, soothe, soften & maintain skin youthfulness & firmness. Light and airy in texture, it captures and reflects the radiant splendour of glimmering African sunsets, beautifying with translucent mother of pearl minerals to illuminate skin and enhance its natural radiance. Meadowfoam oil improves skin vitality, while an aromatic blend of Gardenia and macerated Magnolia enhanced by fresh Neroli and Vanilla Bean create a beautiful floral scent.
|Above: Skincare and beauty for a delicately casual look.|
In terms of skincare + makeup, I applied:
- A Clé de Peau Beauté Intensive Brightening Mask (also available at Nordstrom...the night before was a late one, so I needed some extra reinforcements!)
- Mila Moursi pH Balancing Toner (also available at Space.NK)
- Mila Moursi Dual Action Serum (also available at Space.NK)
- Le Metier de Beaute Peau Vierge #2 (reviewed HERE)
- La Mer Reparative Skin Tint in Light-Medium (swatched and reviewed HERE)
- Omorovicza Mineral Touch in Beige under the eyes as concealer (swatched and reviewed HERE)
- Napoleon Perdis Ultimate Contour Face Palette to lightly sculpt
- Le Metier de Beaute Peau Vierge Leuer Pen (reviewed HERE) for a dewy glow around the eyes and upper cheeks
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Bronzer in Luminous Bronze (reviewed HERE and also available at Sephora)
- Tata Harper Volumizing Lip and Cheek Tint in Very Charming (reviewed HERE) on the cheeks and a mixture of Christian Dior Creme de Rose and Very Charming on the lips with a touch of La Prairie Cellular Lip Color Effects in Maribou Glace for a nude pink gleam
- Chantecaille The Glacier Eye Trio (reviewed HERE) for a soft, taupe eye
- Chanel Le Volume de Chanel Mascara in Prune (reviewed HERE)
- A light dusting of the Gucci Luxe Finishing Powder in 040 (reviewed HERE) to set everything
|Above: My favorite bronzer as of late...the Hourglass Ambient Bronzer in Luminous Bronze.|
|Above: Light and heavy swatches of the Tata Harper Volumizing Lip and Cheek Tint in Very Charming.|
|Above: Makeup closeup and a bit of shine on the braid.|
|Above: Soaking in the tranquil environs.|
|Above: Braid released, hair down!|
|Above: Wind tunnel in full effect.|
|Above: Wild hair, mellow heart. Photo credits for all overall pics, courtesy of Seth Wegter.|
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this beauty and style hybrid post; if you love comfortable clothes with an edge as I do, perhaps you will join me in this overall resurgance! This pair from Nasty Gal runs true to size (I wear a small and appreciate the majorly roomy fit) and, as aforementioned, a basic black tank top and some booties create a full-fledged outfit in a flash.
Working on so many good things this weekend including a couple of videos, a skincare update and a round of new product procurements...what are you up to? Also in the process of responding to your latest lovely batch of emails and comments...thanks, as always, for your patience!
--The Beauty Professor
** PR sample provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own.
© 2012-15 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.