|Above: The bulk of my beauty products the past few days.|
Happy weekend, lovelies! Between work and travel, this week has been an utter blur. Consequently, I have pared down my beauty routine the past couple of days, which has been a great time saver while I've been exploring Dallas. This brief post is dedicated to the key products I've been using, with a splash of style towards the end! The rainy day conditions yesterday were an amusing change, but I concede that I miss the glory of direct, natural sunlight, especially when capturing swatches ; 0
Kindly scroll on for more details and images of the product in action as well as the Bottom Line...
|Above: I picked up the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal at the Sephora VIB sale (discussed HERE)...no regrets whatsoever!|
- *Napoleon Perdis Foundation Stick in Look #3 (reviewed HERE), buffed on with a damp Beauty Blender as a base...this lasts all day, even in humidity.
- *Hourglass Ambient Bronzer in Luminous Bronze (reviewed HERE) to lightly contour.
- *La Prairie Cellular Radiance Cream Blush in Peach Glow (reviewed HERE) on the apples of the cheeks.
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal...applied with a Jenny Patinkin Kitten Paw Brush. The hype surrounding this product is completely valid...quite possibly a perfect highlighter!
- *Gucci Luxe Finishing Powder in 040...amazing texture, flawless finish and the quintessential amount of coverage. My new favorite...more on this formula soon.
- *Le Metier de Beaute Peau Vierge Lueur Pen (reviewed HERE) to brighten and conceal.
- By Terry Ombre Blackstars in Bronze Moon 4 (reviewed HERE) and Brown Perfection 13 (reviewed HERE)...available at Beautylish, Space.NK, Barney's NY and Net-A-Porter.
- Chanel Le Volume de Chanel Mascara (reviewed HERE)
- *Chikuhodo GSN 4 Brush...luxurious Gray Squirrel and Goat for a ultra-soft experience...I love using this for blending blush and highlighter to a seamless finish. More on this brush line soon!
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Georgie Girl Lipstick (reviewed HERE and HERE)...a bright and cheerful light pink with immense coverage.
- YSL Rouge Volupte #01 Nude Beige (reviewed HERE)...an undying favorite for years, it layers over bolder shades beautifully.
|Above: The Chikuhodo GSN 04 brush is divine.|
|Above: The Gucci Luxe Finishing Powder in 040 (not 060 as it says in the swatches...oops!) is marvelous for NC 25 skin. Splendid packaging, effective brush...absolutely perfect in every way!|
|Above: Swatches in indoor lighting (please note, it was a rainy day!)|
|Above: Swatches by a window.|
The following images reflect the products in action in various lighting situations...
|Above: The By Terry Ombre Blackstar in Bronze Moon + Brown Perfection on the lids...once applied, this duo does not budge!|
|Above: With a flash.|
|Above: In front of a window.|
|Above: No flash.|
|Above: With a flash.|
|Above: The front face of the Joule Hotel in Dallas...the classic architecture is gorgeous.|
|Above: At the Neiman Marcus Flagship Store...but, of course!|
- Banana Republic Crossover Hem Tank
- Banana Republic Smocked Full Skirt
- Rag and Bone Peep Toe Bootie
- Black Moto Jacket...similar one HERE
- Seth Wegter Bags...latest design
|Above: 8 PM rainbow...dreamy, no?|
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this glimpse into my routine this week and would love to know what products you've been embracing as of late.
Good things ahead, including a beauty + skincare travel packing list, some new product procurements and even more foundation! As aforementioned, due to my current travels, I am working on responding to email and comments as quickly as my schedule allows ; )
Hope your weekend is off to a lovely start!
--The Beauty Professor
** PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own.
© 2012-15 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.