|Above: A preemptive glimpse at my haul.|
Exciting news, Sephora lovers...the four-day VIB Holiday Shopping Event begins tomorrow! The VIB Rouge preview wrapped up a few days ago, leaving me just enough time to receive and photograph the contents my order before the main sale -- which runs from November 13th and runs through November 16th -- starts. During this time, VIB Members will be able to access the hotly anticipated 20% off sale with the code VIB20.
Kindly scroll on for a comprehensive, swatch-heavy overview of my haul as well as my full VIB Sale Shopping List and the Bottom Line...
|Above: On the cusp of revealing my selections.|
|Above: Sunlit beauty.|
My VIB Rouge Haul:
- Sephora Soft-Touch Cotton Pads: A forever favorite, I stock up on these every chance I can get...these premium pads work so well with toner and nail polish remover.
- Cartier La Panthere (reviewed HERE): Sadly, I accidentally droppped my original bottle of this fragrance and have been haunted by the need to rebuy ever since. I wear this scent when I want to feel strong, focused and alluring...to me, it feels like the best of a Jackie Collins novel, come to life.
- Surratt Beauty Artistique Eyeshadow in Marron and Dore Rose (all shades swatched HERE): The pairing of this highly pigmented brown-meets-burgundy and subtle shimmering pink champagne is so easy execute. I could serious just use these two shades all week and be a happy girl.
- Christian Louboutin Lip Definer in Nats: Words cannot express how happy I am to have impulse-purchased this. In addition to being breathtakingly lovely, the formula is sublime. Creamy, pigmented, hydrating and extremely long lasting, I was stunned by how smoothly (like velvet!) this applies. Nats is a gorgeous pinky nude beige that makes lips look naturally full. Get this.
- Surratt Beauty Prismatique Lips in Cultive, Lili Doree and Jolie Laid (shades described and swatched later on in the post): This is a brand new launch in the Surratt Beauty collection and I chose three shades with which to experiment first. Sheerer than the Lipsliques, these can be worn alone for a comely gleam or atop lip liner or lipstick for an extra reflective effect. The formula is moisturizing, smooth, not sticky and devastatingly lustrous without feeling gritty (as can often be the case with micro-shimmer). All-in-all, a super delightful release from one of my favorite beauty lines ever...I can't wait to try more!
- BITE Beauty Opal Lip Creme: I have weak spot for iridescent, pearlized pink shades and this creamy wonder from BITE fits the bill. It has a blue undertone and makes for a fetching and transformative companion with existing lip color. Now I understand why this is so highly-rated on the Sephora website.
- Chosungah C&T Fresh Mix Foundation in Natural: I was intrigued by the description and packaging of this Korean formula and am glad I decided to give it a try. It has significant, creamy coverage and a demi-matte finish that blurs pores and fine lines and Natural is a befitting match for NC 25 skin. I have only tried it once (and was pleased with the experience) and look forward to continuing to experiment with it. Will weigh back in again soon!
- Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation in #123 (all shades swatched and reviewed HERE): I have owned and used this formula for years now and recently realized that I didn't own 123. It is an excellent match for my current NC 25 skin and applying it the day I received it made me fall in love with this exemplary formula all over again. Boasting medium coverage that looks like radiant and healthy skin and impressive lasting power, I know I'll be grabbing for this all season.
Onto the closeups and swatches...
|Above: Cartier La Panthere...powerful and sophisticated.|
|Above: Surratt Artistique Eyeshadows in Marron and Dore Rose...I love the slender packaging...perfect for a overflowing makeup bag.|
|Above: Swatches of Dore Rose and Marron in direct sunlight.|
|Above: Christian Louboutin Lip Definer...so luxe.|
|Above: It has a self-sharpening mechanism in the cap, activated ever time it is removed.|
|Above: A swatch of Nats in direct sunlight.|
|Above: Nats is a warm pinky beige nude that looks amazing alone (or with gloss) and compliments every lip color pairing.|
|Above: My three Surratt Beauty Prismatique Lips selections.|
|Above (from L-R): Cultive, Lili Doree and Jolie Laid.|
|Above: Cultive is a creamy, iridescent pink...adore this shade.|
|Above: Lili Doree is a warm peachy pink.|
|Above: Jolie Laid is a glimmering mauve nude with the least opacity of the three shades...I like to combine this with lip pencil for a subtle look.|
|Above: Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|Above: BITE Beauty Opal Creme...it looks white but transforms into a lovely pale pink on the lips.|
|Above: A swatch of Opal...it has less pink tones and increased blu undertones than Surratt Cultive.|
|Above: Two new foundation acquisitions.|
|Above: Chosungah 22 C&T Fresh Mix features a button that, when depressed, dispenses the creamy formula through the hole of a flat top sponge.|
|Above: Swatches of Natural in direct sunlight...this foundation offers medium to full coverage with a demi-matte finish that lasts for hours.|
|Above: Comparison swatches of Koh Gen Do Aqua #123 (lighter, sheerer and more yellow) and Chosungah 22 C&T Natural (deeper and peachier) in direct sunlight.|
|Above: Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation in #123...my perfect NC 25 match for fall and winter months.|
|Above: Heavy and blended swatches of Koh Gen Do Aqua #123 in direct sunlight|
|Above: Wearing a dash of Surratt Marron eyeshadow and a mixture of the Loubotin Lip Definer in Nats + BITE Beauty Opal Lip Creme in direct sunlight.|
--Shop the Haul--
VIB Holiday Sale Shopping List:
- Omorovicza Complexion Perfector Medium (reviewed HERE)
- Make Up For Ever HD Foundation Stick (reviewed HERE)
- Dolce & Gabbana Perfect Reveal Lifting Foundation (reviewed HERE)
- ARDENCY INN Custom Coverage Concentrate (reviewed HERE)
- Kevyn Aucoin The Celestial Skin Liquid Lighting (review HERE)
- Burberry Fresh Glow Compact Powder (reviewed HERE)
- Surratt Beauty Diaphane Loose Powder in Eclatant (reviewed HERE)
- Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage in SC-3 (reviewed HERE)
- Hourglass Ambient Bronzer in Luminous Bronze (reviewed HERE)
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal (reviewed HERE)
- NARS Steven Klein Collaboration One Shocking Moment Cheek Palette
- Viseart Sultry Muse Eyeshadow Palette (reviewed HERE)
- Burberry Eye Color Cream in Pink Heather (reviewed HERE)
- Guerlain Maxilash So Volume Mascara (reviewed HERE)
- Marc Jacobs Poutliner Lip Liner in Honey Bun (reviewed HERE)
- Surratt Beauty Automatique Lip Crayons (reviewed HERE) especially in Valentine and Scantilly Clad
- NARS Chelsea Girls Lip Gloss (reviewed HERE)
- Stila Stay All Day Lip Gloss in Nude Vinyl
- Giorgio Armani Ecstasy Lacquer (reviewed HERE)
- NARS Audacious Lipstick in Raquel, Julia and Dominique (reviewed HERE + HERE)
- Christian Louboutin Silky Satin Lipstick (reviewed HERE)
- SK-II Essential Power Essence (reviewed HERE)
- Kate Somerville RetAsphere Micro Peel (reviewed HERE)
- Koh Gen Do Cleansing Spa Water Cloths (reviewed HERE)
- Omorovicza Refining Facial Polisher (reviewed HERE)
- Eve Lom Rescue Mask (reviewed HERE)
- SK-II Mid-Day Essence (reviewed HERE)
- Radical Skincare Skin Perfecting Screen (reviewed HERE)
- Hampton Sun Sunless Tanning Mist (reviewed HERE)
- NuFace Trinity (reviewed HERE)
(3) HAIR CARE
- ghd Platinum Styler (reviewed HERE)
- Gloss Moderne Clean Luxury Haircare Collection (reviewed HERE)
- Alterna Caviar CC Cream 10-in-1 Complete Correction (reviewed HERE)
- Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Night Cap Overnight Perfector (reviewed HERE)
- Sally Hershberger Supreme Stylist Voluminous Dry Shampoo (reviewed HERE)
--Hair Care Picks--
(4) FRAGRANCE Etc.
- Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (reviewed HERE)
- Atelier Cologne Vanille Insensee (reviewed HERE)
- Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black Rollerball (reviewed HERE)
- Giorgio Armani Nail Lacquer in Parma Greige (formula reviewed HERE)
|Above: Last look.|
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this haul overview and would love to know what you purchased, or plan to purchase in the coming days! As a VIB, don't forget to access the Sephora VIB Sale (use code VIB20) on November 13th for the best selection!
Good things ahead, including a fresh, swatch-heavy FOTD, a skincare update and a host of new product features...happy almost Friday and xx,
--The Beauty Professor
© 2012-15 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.