I hope your December is going well...how is that Christmas is practically 10 days away?! For the past couple of months, I have been diligently setting aside marvelous gift ideas for beauty lovers in every category imaginable. From the perfect thank you to the hostess on your list to the makeup-obsessed teen...from the demure skincare aficionado to brilliant stocking stuffers, this post has you covered.
Without any further ado, I am thrilled to present my Holiday 2015 gift guide. If you are anything like me, you may have only recently found the time to embark upon the exhilarating yet often arduous journey otherwise known as Christmas shopping...with a fleeting reserve of time, thank goodness for the Internet and expedited shipping!
Kindly scroll for more details, a copious amount of images and the Bottom Line...
|Above: For the home and hostess.|
HOME + HOST(ESS):
- Diptyque Coffret Eau de Parfum and scented candle in Oud Palao and Oud...this candle and fragrance set is luxury incarnate.
- Moulton Brown London Via the Festive Season Body Wash Set...with 12 impossibly colorful options, this set is a bath wash lover's dream.
- L’Occitane Hand Cream Trio...this sweet trifecta offers three purse-sized creams, making it easy to stash one in a handbag, another by the nightstand and yet another in your desk.
- TOCCA Candele da Viaggio Luxe Trio in Marrakesh, Chamonix and Meribel...the beauty of TOCCA's iconic fragrances is infused into three diminutive candles.
- Antica Farmacist Home Ambiance Reded Diffuser in Champagne Black Label...a stunning combination of form and function, this jet-black diffuser smells divine and stands in alluringly stark contrast to more conventional hostess gifts.
|Above: Woodsy, musky and beautifully warm, this luxurious Diptyque set is oud, well-executed.|
|Above: 12 colorful Molton Brown fragrances for endless enjoyment.|
|Above: The L'Occitane Hand Cream Trio is darling, no?|
|Above: This Tocca set may be too adorable to give away.|
|Above: More unconventional than flowers or wine, this diffuser is a gorgeous gift.|
--Shop for HOME + HOST(ESS)--
|Above: Deluxe stocking stuffers.|
DELUXE STOCKING STUFFERS:
- Bliss Citrus Stars Body Blends...a sparkling body wash and rich body butter in a delightful citrus scent.
- Bliss Glow of Hands Hand Cream Set...love this mint and berry combination for soft hands in a snap.
- Mally Instant Impact Lipstick Duo...two nude lipsticks, one long-lasting and color-saturated formula.
- Kate Somerville EradiKate Acne in a Snap...brand new to the Kate Somerville line, these convenient, individually-packaged portable ampules harness the power of the EradiKate formula to banish bumps on the go. Keep an eye out for its debut soon!
- It Cosmetics Brush Set...beautifully streamlined in its own travel case, this set boasts 6 brushes that target every face need.
- Trind Nail Balsam (reviewed HERE)
- SK-II Mid-Day Essence (reviewed HERE)
- Arcona Eye Dew +Plus...highly moisturizing and slightly iridescent, this offers immense hydration and a stunning glow for the delicate orbital area; I've been keeping it in my handbag reaching for it regularly to feign a rested look.
- Rouge Bunny Rouge XXX Lip Plump in Clover Royal Jelly (reviewed HERE)...this delightful lip plumper envelops lips in a shiny mauve elixir that leaves your pout fuller and gleaming.
- By Terry Nail Laquer in Mercure and Gloss Top Coat (reviewed HERE)
- Kate Somerville Exfolikate Mini (reviewed HERE)
- Cote Nail Kit on the Go...this handy (pun intended) nail kit features a file, four mini nail polishes and nail polish remover in a slender zipper pouch.
|Above: Bliss sets aplenty.|
|Above: SK-II Mid-Day Essence...every stocking should be so fortunate.|
|Above: Mauves and nudes for instant appeal.|
|Above: Swatches of the nude-toned Mally Duo and the clover pink Rouge Bunny Rouge gloss...whimsical and universally-flattering.|
|Above: The IT Cosmetics Brush Set comes with six brushes for a full face in seconds.|
|Above: Nails under control.|
--Shop the Stocking Stuffers--
|Above: Health + Hair.|
- Shu Uemura Art of Hair Nourishing Protective Oil (reviewed HERE)
- HUM Red Hot Holidays...this genius pairing includes a formula for radiant skin and hair (Red Carpet) and a supplement to burn fat for a trimmer figure (Skinny Bird). Both couldn't come at a better time in light of the limited sleep, eggnog and cookies of the holiday season!
- Gloss Moderne High-Gloss Serum (reviewed HERE)
- Oribe Cleansing Cream for Moisture and Control...this gentle formula combines the cleansing power of shampoo with the smoothing and detangling abilities of conditioner for sleek and healthy hair in a single wash. A necessary splurge.
- GHD Platinum Styler (reviewed HERE)
|Above: The holidays are a befitting time to embrace this utilitarian pairing from HUM.|
--Shop Health + Hair--
- Stunning Braids...detailed visuals and step-by-step directions for creating every braid imaginable.
- If Not 4 U and Some Shoes...a fun dose of fiction for fashion (especially shoe) lovers!
- Kerastase The Couture Book of Braids (free download)...the free download gives you access to all of the content in the traditional book, for detailed "how to's" on intricate braids
- Jenny Patinkin Gem Collection (reviewed HERE)
- Surratt Beauty Brushes (also available at Barney's NY and Net-A-Porter): I have been using the Holiday 2015 Brush, the Classique Shadow Brush Moyenne, the Artistique Highlight Brush and the Artistique Sculpting Brush nonstop...these handcrafted brushes have natural bristles for the softest, most effective application imaginable.
- Artis Elite Mirror Collection 5 Brush Set (reviewed HERE)
|Above: The Jenny Patinkin Gem Collection features four brushes, artfully emblazoned with a single gem.|
|Above: The Surratt Beauty Brushes' packaging is sublime.|
|Above: Four of my favorite Surratt Beauty brushes as of late.|
|Above: For the brush nonconformist, this five piece Artis set is a must.|
- Mixologie Blendable Perfume Collection...eight eclectic scents that are meant to be blended together to suit one's personality and mood...fragrance has never been so fun.
- Maison Margiela Replica By the Fireplace...the latest from the Maison Margiela line, this woodsy musk evokes the lush warmth of a fireplace in wintertime, making this entirely apropos for the months to come.
- Byredo Oliver Peoples (reviewed HERE)...slightly spicy, slightly fruity and slightly musky, this skin scent is unisex and excellent for daily use. I am already halfway through my bottle!
- Reisa...a unique blend of sensuous florals and unexpected oud, this special blend is as singular as the woman who wears it.
|Above: The scent alchemy of Mixologie...excellent for a creative friend or family member.|
|Above: 3 unconventionally captivating fragrances|
|Above: Foundation for days.|
- La Prairie Skin Caviar Concealer and Foundation (reviewed HERE)
- By Terry Click Pen (reviewed HERE)
- Temptu Air (reviewed HERE)
- Le Metier de Beaute Peau Vierge (reviewed HERE)
- Chantecaille Future Skin (reviewed HERE)
- Sulwhasoo Perfecting Cushion (reviewed HERE)
- Estee Lauder Double Wear on the Go (reviewed HERE)
- Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation (reviewed HERE)
- Zelens Age Control Foundation (reviewed HERE)
|Above: Beautiful makeup begins with a beautiful base.|
|Above: For the burgeoning beauty lover.|
- Stila Trust in Love Gift Set...ten eyeshadows in matte and shimmer finishes, plus a lip gloss and mascara for a complete look in a single palette.
- Maybelline Brow Drama Pro Palette...three brow powders for a naturally polished result, it's never to soon to artfully frame the face!
- PIXI Natural Contour Kit...everything one needs to contour the cheeks and eyes for the best version of one's self.
|Above: A closeup of the Stila set.|
|Above: Maybelline Brow Drama features two coordinating brow powders and a highlight shade.|
|Above: The PIXI Contouring Kit.|
--Shop Teen Beauty--
|Above: Skincare galore.|
- Colbert Illumino Anti-Aging Brightening Mask...tired, dull skin is no match for this transformative mask, which fights fine lines while infusing luminosity into one's countenance.
- SK-II Facial Treatment Essence Special Edition Blue (reviewed HERE)
- Omorovicza Blue Diamond Eye Cream (reviewed HERE)
- La Prairie Skin Caviar Luxe Cream Sheer...a beautifully light version of the original cult favorite, this luxurious cream absorbs instantly and can be used day and night to firm, lift, brighten and combat signs of aging.
- Orlane Morning Recovery Concentrate (reviewed HERE)
- Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Mist (reviewed HERE)
- Mila Moursi Dual Action Serum (reviewed HERE)
- Strivectin NIA 114 Tightening Neck Cream...this rich treatment hydrates and tightens the delicate neck and decollete areas, resulting in noticeably younger, softer feeling skin.
- Lina Hanson Global Body Serum (reviewed HERE)
- Radical Perfection Fluid (reviewed HERE)
- African Botanics Marula Buchu Botanical Enzyme Polish (reviewed HERE)
- Tata Harper Glow on Demand Set...featuring four of Tata Harper's best selling products, this adorable set of travel-sized skincare is an excellent foray into the line.
- Mila Moursi Refining Lotion...utilizing fruit acids to increase cell turnover, this powerful gel makes skin smoother and brighter overnight.
- Veil Sunset Light (reviewed HERE)
|Above: A closeup of the four-piece Tata Harper Glow on Demand Set.|
--Shop the Skincare--
|Above: The CdPB Bal Masque Coffret + the Giorgio Armani Luxe is More Palette.|
- Clé de Peau Beauté Bal Masque Coffret (also available at CdPB): This gorgeous 3 piece set features a breathtakingly beautiful eye shadow quad in the greens of the season, a natural red lipstick and a bordeaux version of the Perfect Lash Mascara (reviewed HERE). Full closeup review of this gem forthcoming!
- Giorgio Armani Luxe is More Palette: This two layered wonder contains a host of neutral eye shadows, two under eye concealers and a setting powder for a sophisticated take on the "no-makeup makeup" look. This is the palette you will reach for time and again...comprehensive swatches soon.
|Above: Beauty Set #1.|
Beauty Set #1: Color-Drenched
|Above: Beauty Set #2.|
Beauty Set #2: Classic Minimalist
- Rodial Contour Powder
- Jouer Brightening Powder (reviewed HERE)
- Kjaer Weis Lip Tint in Beloved (reviewed HERE)
- Surratt Beauty Brow Pomade (reviewed HERE)
- Surratt Beauty Relevee Eyelash Curler (reviewed HERE)
|Above: Beauty Set #3.|
Beauty Set #3: Pink and Tan Glow
- Tom Ford Moodlight (reviewed HERE)
- Marc Jacobs Mascara (reviewed HERE)
- La Prairie Lip and Eye Porter (reviewed HERE)
- Urban Decay Chopper Eyeshadow...this luminous copper is a lovely, easy to execute wash of color for the entire lid and also works well as a blending shade to the brow bone. Full review soon!
- Chanel Gloss Allure in Ideale (reviewed HERE)
- Le Metier de Beaute Cream Fresh Tint in Zinnia
|Above: Beauty Set #4.|
- Studio 10 Radiance Glow Bronzing Veil
- Gressa Lip Boost in Dahlia (formula reviewed HERE)
- Smith + Cult Ghost Edit (reviewed HERE)
- Chantecaille Cheek Gelee in Happy (reviewed HERE)
- Giorgio Armani Eye Tints in #16, #17 + #18 (formula reviewed HERE)
|Above: Beauty Set #5.|
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Bronzer in Luminous Light (reviewed HERE)
- MustaeV Cheek Color in Floral Glow (formula reviewed HERE)
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Chopper
- Marc Jacobs Nail Lacquer in Blacquer (reviewed HERE)
- Estee Lauder Color Envy Matte Lip Color in Neon Azalea (formula reviewed HERE)
|Above: Beauty Set #6.|
- La Prairie Cellular Radiance Blush in Peach Glow (reviewed HERE)
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal (reviewed HERE)
- Jenny Patinkin Kitten Paw Brush (reviewed HERE)
- Vincent Longo Cangiante Dimension Eye Shadow in Ironic...smooth like butter and intensely pigmented, this warm brown creates a long lasting silken finish. Color me impressed.
- Burberry Glow Eyeshadow in Nude (reviewed HERE)
- By Terry Gold Elixir Glace (reviewed HERE)
- Edward Bess Contour Stick (reviewed HERE)
- Surratt Beauty Contour Brush
|Above: Beauty Set #7.|
- Surratt Petite Palette (reviewed HERE)
- Surratt Artistique Blush in Grisaille and Aureole (reviewed HERE and HERE)
- Surratt Prismatique Lips in Cultive (reviewed HERE)
- Burberry Fresh Glow Powder Foundation (reviewed HERE)
Bottom Line: I hope you found this holiday gift guide of epic proportions helpful and useful; I still have a beauty product lip color intensive, a jewelry spotlight and a "last minute picks" gift guide in the works, slated to go live later on this week along with a fresh FOTD and new product procurements.
I would love to know which products are on YOUR list to give or get...do share!
--The Beauty Professor
** PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-15 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.