|Above: Four foundations to fight the summer heat and one beautiful brush for good measure.|
Living in Southern California, I know that it is positively gauche to complain about the weather; we know that we are blessed with one of the most temperate climates in the world! That being said, boy has it been hot and humid lately; instead of complaining, however, I been using this sweltering spell as a chance to test the longevity and humidity-proof properties of some new foundation formulas in my rotation. I have determined four new formulas that have proven to have stalwart performance in the face of extreme heat!
Kindly scroll on for more details, swatches and images of the formulas in action as well as the Bottom Line...
|Above: Formidable foundations.|
The four foundations (which that I have found to be particularly powerful in extreme heat are as follows:
(1) Marc Jacobs Re(Marcable) Full Cover Foundation Concentrate (reviewed HERE): I am over the moon for this new formula that officially launched TODAY. The intense pigmentation means a little goes a long way and while the coverage is wholly full at first application, it looks extremely natural on the skin. The lasting power, even for combination skin facing intense humidit, is truly terrific...today, I got 9+ hours of touch up free wear (as demonstrated by the images at the end of the post). I haven't been this excited about a liquid foundation--for reference, Beige Golden is currently a spot on match--since the Tom Ford Traceless Perfecting debuted last summer!
(2) Make Up For Ever Ultra HD (full overview soon): I do declare that this reformulated version of the original MUFE HD foundation is a significant improvement; it has much more pigment, dramatically increased lasting power (6+ hours, even in heat) and a decidedly smoother finish (that doesn't pool in pores as the original version, in my experience, did). With 40 shades, from the palest alabaster to the deepest ebony (I wear shade #123), everyone is sure to find a match, making this new formula one of the most inclusive ranges on the market.
(3) Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet (closeup soon): I haven't found a shade match in Chanel foundation in a few years but this formula has changed all this; the Lumiere Velvet formula (in shade 40 Beige) has a flattering matte finish that doesn't look flat. Although it may look neutral to pink in the swatch, it blends perfectly with my current NC 27-30 skin and doesn't oxidize as the day wears on. Medium coverage is acheived in a single layer and, once set, the formula doesn't budge, even in the rain (as I experienced yesterday...more on this later on this week!). It is, without question, my favorite foundation formula in the Chanel line.
(4) Sulwhasoo Perfecting Cushion in #25 (reviewed HERE): In my experience, this is the cushion compact gold standard...if you can find a match (there are currently only two shades in the US market and #25 Deep Beige adapts beautifully to NC 25-30 skin), you will be enchanted by the buildable medium to full coverage that looks nearly invisible on the skin. With SPF 50, minimal scent, and 8+ hour lasting power, I cannot laud it enough!
|Above: Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|Above: Swatches in outdoor shade.|
|Above: The Sulwhasoo Perfecting Cushion in #25 is a perfect match for my NC 25-27 skin...my favorite cushion compact to date!|
|Above: Brush poetry...the Artis Elite Mirror Oval 10 Brush (more on this innovative line forthcomng!) and Chikuhodo GSN 8 perform as stunningly as they look.|
|Above: Products for a long lasting summertime look.|
For the look that follows, I shot the images at the end of the day after having worn all the products listed below for 7-8 hours, thereby reflecting their impressive efficacy and performance in 90 degree weather with well over 70 percent humidity:
- *Mila Moursi pH Balancing Toner (reviewed HERE)...so good to calm and prep my skin for warm, sunny days.
- Marc Jacobs Re(Marcable) Full Cover Foundation Concentrate (reviewed HERE) in Beige Golden, buffed on with the luxurious *Artis Elite Mirror Oval 10 Brush...brushing the formula on and using blending movements leaves a seamless, indetectable result!
- *Physicians Formula City Glow Bronzer in Paris...this lush bronzer has two sides, a light tan and deeper bronze that can be mixed together for a customized tone. Never orange or powdery, this formula boasts SPF 30 protection and a subtly luminous finish.
- MAKE Beauty Face Gloss (reviewed HERE)...I love this translucent formula more with each day...just a dot on the upper cheekbones is utterly transformative without even a hint of traditional shimmer.
- African Botanics Shimmering Gold Oil (reviewed HERE)...I love applying a pump or two of this plush oil to my limbs for an ultra hydrated, ever-so-slightly glowing look.
- Sisley Phyto Eye-Twist in Bronze (reviewed HERE)...I used my Chikuhodo GSN 8 eyeshadow brush to gently blend the creamy-textured pencil over my upper lid and along my lower lashline for a softly smoky taupe eye that doesn't budge.
- Charlotte Tilbury Full Fat Lashes Mascara...this beautiful formula lengthens lashes while still looking completely natural.
- Sisley Phyto Lip-Twist in #9 Chestnut (formula reviewed HERE)...although this shade is darker than I normally wear, the rich yet translucent pigment and immense hydration make this a perfect "grab and go" choice to brighten teeth and showcase bronze skin.
- Juara Candlenut Perfume Oil...a gorgeous summer scent, this juice initially calls to mind a tropical beach but dries down to a sophisticated musk that's chic and alluring.
- Topshop Checked Shirt (mentioned HERE) worn with tropical bikini top purchased on sale at Nordstrom.
|Above: Swatches of products used in direct sunlight.|
|Above: The Sisley Lip Twist in Chestnut is a neutral rust-meets-berry shade that looks rich and juicy on the lips.|
|Above: MAKE Face Gloss and Juara Candlenut Oil for effortless warm weather polish.|
The following images reflect all products in action in various lighting situations...
|Above: Last look.|
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this summertime foundation story and would love to hear which formulas you've been gravitating towards in the warmth...do tell!
As aforementioned, the brilliant Marc Jacobs Re(Marcable) Full Cover Foundation Concentrate launches today and the Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet, Sulwhasoo Perfecting Cushion and MUFE Ultra HD (with a range of swatches to come!) are equally marvelous options.
Good things ahead, including bronzer talk, even more foundation and a haircare-centric feature...I am also working my way through your lovely comments and emails, thanks, as always, for your patience!
--The Beauty Professor
** PR sample provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own.
© 2012-15 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.