|Above: Buberry Eye Colour Cream is here!|
When I noticed that Buberry released a brand new eyeshadow formula--the Eye Colour Cream--I couldn't help but indulge in a few key shades. I love the Buberry Wet/Dry Silk Shadows (reviewed HERE) and the Burberry Glow Shadow in Nude (reviewed HERE) is always on heavy rotation so my expectations for this cream version were high. I am happy to report that this release is everything I hoped it would be: silky, pigmented, silky with crease-resistant wear, meet the latest additions to my eyeshadow routine!
Kindly scroll on for more details, swatches and images of the Burberry Eye Colour Cream in action as well as the Bottom Line...
|Above (clockwise from top left): Mink, Damson, Gold Copper and Pink Heather.|
Available in eight shades, the Burberry Eye Colour Cream is an eyeshadow of epic proportions. Equal parts pigmented and velvety, the formula glides across the eyes with smooth precision. In my experience, it:
- Is less creamy in texture and feel than the Tom Ford Cream Eyeshadow.
- Feels more plush and looks more pigmented when swatched than the Chanel Illusion d'Ombre formula.
- Works well as a single wash of color but also blends easily with additional shades for a multi-dimensional effect.
- Has a decidedly satin finish that doesn't look overtly shimmery or glittery; the radiance is finely-milled and very "grown up"
- Does not have issues with "fall out." Once the shadow melds to the skin, it stays in place and doesn't migrate below or to the sides.
- Possesses remarkable staying power; I get consistently crease-free, color-fast wear for 8+ hours.
- All in all, is a divine eyeshadow for those seeking a cream texture with extreme longevity and classic, timeless shade offerings.
- 100 Gold Copper: Warm gold with a satin finish.
- 102 Mink: Neutral medium taupe with a satin finish.
- 106 Pink Heather: Rosy bronze taupe with a satin finish. **My favorite shade of the four due to its ease of wear...a single wash of color for a complete eye in seconds.
- 110 Damson: Rich violet purple with a satin finish.
Official details, courtesy of Burberry:
|Above: Swatches of my selections in direct sunlight.|
For the Burberry Eye Colour Cream-centric beauty look that follows, I embraced the following products:
- *Chantecaille Future Skin Foundation (reviewed HERE) in a mixture of Cream and Sand (swatched below)...I adore how natural and long lasting this gel formula is. The coverage is buildable to nearly full and my sensitive skin loves the soothing ingredients. Simply marvelous!
- Clé de Peau Beauté Concealer in Beige (reviewed HERE) under my eyes.
- Surratt Beauty Artistique Blush in Grisaille (swatched below) along the hollows of my cheeks to create a contouring effect that is endlessly believable. Finely milled with a velvet finish, this is truly stellar product from Surratt Beauty.
- Tom Ford Skin Illuminating Skin Duo in Moodlight (reviewed HERE), perfect as a light bronzer and highlighter.
- *MAKE Face Gloss (reviewed HERE) on high points of the face, namely upper cheekbones.
- Stila Perfectly Poreless Putty Perfector in Medium (reviewed HERE) as a finishing touch over T-zone.
- A blend of the Burberry Eye Colour Cream in Gold Copper (all over lid) and Damson (in crease) applied with the *Artis Elite Mirror Oval and Elite Mirror Linear 1 brushes (reviewed HERE)
- Surratt Beauty Relevee Mascara (reviewed HERE)
- Guerlain Kiss Kiss LipLift (reviewed HERE)
- Tom Ford Nude Vanille Lipstick (reviewed HERE)
- Giorgio Armani Ecstasy Lacquer in #502 Boudoir (reviewed HERE)
- *Gloss Moderne High Gloss Serum (reviewed HERE) detangles my hair and adds immense shine...what else could one want?
- Bumble & Bumble The Flat Brush...this powerful brush masterfully frees my hair of tangles--yes, it was an investment, but I aboslutely love it.
|Above: Surratt Beauty Grisaille is a gorgeous neutral tan for effortless contouring.|
|Above: A swatch of Grisaille in direct sunlight.|
|Above: Chantecaille Future Skin Foundation features a dreamy gel texture, medium coverage and an utterly natural, long-lasting finish.|
|Above: Swatches of Chantecaille Future Skin in Cream (@NC 25) and Sand (@NC 30-35) in direct sunlight.|
|Above: Lipmix closeup.|
|Above: Lipmix result.|
|Above: All about eyes.|
|Above: Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|Above: Hair essentials.|
The following images reflect all products in action in various lighting situations...
|Above: Last look.|
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: The Burberry Eye Color Cream is beyond marvelous; smooth, silky and saturated with color, the neutral shades subtly enhance the eyes with a wash of satin pigment and the lasting power is stupendous!
Good things ahead, including more foundation swatches, a drugstore beauty look and a host of new releases...stay tuned. Also, I am working my way through responding to your lovely comments and emails; thanks for your patience.
Hope your weekend is off to a wonderful start...xx,
--The Beauty Professor
** PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-15 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.