|Above: MustaeV + Rodarte for a clean, casual and classic look.|
Happy first of May to you, dear readers! I am excited to start this month off with a beauty + style hybrid post--featuring favorites from Rodarte, Paul Green and MustaeV--that's heavy on images and light on words.
Kindly scroll on for more details and images of the products in action as well as the Bottom Line...
|Above: MustaeV products on heavy rotation.|
I was introduced to the MustaeV line (also discussed HERE) at the Makeup Show LA in March. Instantly attracted to its streamlined aesthetic and lovely array of base products, I learned that MustaeV is a popular and esteemed Korean brand that recently found its way to distribution in the United States. Five MustaeV base products that I have been using in harmony are:
- The *Lustrous Cream Base: This pearly formula adds moisture and balance to the face while simultaneously yielding a gorgeous, ethereal glow...if you love a bit of radiance, this is a must.
- *Skinny Tint Foundation in Bright Beige: Although this liquid foundation feels quite light, the coverage is stunning and can be built from light-medium to nearly full in a layer or two. The lasting power is immense and my skin looks healthy, even and dewy for hours on end. Bright Beige is great for N/NC 20 skin so I mix it with Sienna Beige to get befitting match.
- *Skinny Tint Foundation in Sienna Beige: Sienna Beige is more in the NC 30-35 range and is an excellent mixing shade (with Bright Beige) for those in the light-medium skin tone range. Both shades will take me through the year with ease.
- Face Architect in Silhouette: This finely-milled contour powder has a practically creamy finish that blends ever so well with the skin. The true light tan brown shade never oxidizes or degrades to orange, making it virtually impossible to overapply. Additionally, this formula is absolutely devoid of shimmer!
- Cheeky Chic Blusher in Odd Pink: Another creamy matte formula, Odd Pink is an extremely pale cool pink that I prefer to tap on the apples of my cheeks for a subtle, lit from within glow. I like to think of it as the pinker little sister of the pale and peachy Surratt Beauty Duchesse (reviewed HERE).
In sum, the MustaeV line is truly special...the products are high-performance and of immense quality...so glad I had the opportunity to discover it this year!
|Above: Swatches of the MustaeV products used in this post.|
|Above: In addition to MustaeV, I am also wearing the Burberry Glow Eyeshadow in Nude (recently reviewed HERE) on the lids.|
|Above: MustaeV Face Architect and Blusher in Odd Pink...an ultra-flattering duo.|
|Above: Components for a soft pink lip.|
For lips, I embraced a hydrating base, courtesy of the YSL Plump Up Glossy Stain and a soft lilac pink of Sensai Vibrant Cream Lipstick in Ususakura (which I cannot currently find online). I am quite impressed with the volumizing power of the YSL Plump Up...it adds significant moisture and my lips look full and juicy for hours on end.
|Above: I also added two coats of the Chanel Le Volume de Chanel Mascara (on tube #2 of this gem!) to my lashes.|
|Above: Swatches of Ususakura and YSL Plump Up in direct sunlight.|
Onto the style...
|Above: The full look.|
For a toned down and relaxed vibe, I combined my newly-procured Rodarte tee (sweatshirt version HERE) with denim shorts, a favorite flannel and the most perfect Paul Green peep toe booties. This is the type of outfit I will unapologetically wear on repeat.
|Above: These Paul Green Bellini peep toes are wildly comfortable (no break in necessary!) and the tan shade matches everything.|
|Above: The ultra soft leather instantly molds to the feet, making the wearing experience a blissful one.|
|Above: The heel is tall enough to add impact but comfortable enough to wear all day without incident. These are an entirely worthy investment...currently considering picking up a second pair in black!|
The following images reflect all products in action in various lighting situations...even in harsh direct sunlight and with a flash, the MustaeV foundation performs masterfully!
|Above: Last look.|
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this beauty + style hybrid post! I have loved everything I've tried from the MustaeV line and am equally smitten with my recent Rodarte and Paul Green purchases.
What has been on heavy rotation for YOU as of late?
Good things ahead...I am putting the final touches on neimy April Favorites video and have skincare, haircare and Tom Ford Summer 2015 posts in the works!
Have a beautiful Friday...xx,
--The Beauty Professor
** PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own.
© 2012-15 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.