|Above: Products for effortless beauty.|
|Above: The complete look.|
I did, however, manage to prepare a fresh FOTD whilst embracing the beauty of our balcony which integrates some brand new beauty (and standard staples) with which I’ve been experimenting.
Kindly scroll on for more details, swatches and additional images of the products in action, as well as the Bottom Line...
|Above: 10 minutes with these gems and I'm ready to head out the door.|
In terms of beauty, I have been experimenting with a host of new products that lend to an effortless and polished look that is easy to achieve in ten minutes:
- Le Metier de Beaute Peau Vierge (reviewed HERE): A forever staple, shade #2 directly follows my Mila Moursi skincare (reviewed HERE) to prep my canvas.
- By Terry Hyaluronic Face Glow in #2 Nude: Not just a primer, not quite a foundation, this formula plumps fine lines, fills in visible pores and imparts a sheer, mattifying tint that simply makes skin look its best. I purchased it on a whim and am appreciate how it contributes to a more even canvas and longer lating foundation.
- *La Prairie Anti-Aging Eye and Lip a Porter (reviewed HERE): The hydrating eye cream and lip balm makes this duo so marvelous for travel; continually in my bag, I reach for it constantly.
- By Terry Light-Expert Click Brush in #10 Golden Sand: With a new and improved flat top brush and system of delivery as well as a shade update, this light-medium coverage formula looks ultra-natural and slightly radiant while still managing to hold up well in warm and humid weather. I'll be sharing swatches of every shade very soon!
- Charlotte Tilbury The Retoucher Treat and Conceal Stick #3 (reviewed HERE): I've been reaching for this medium coverage concealer constantly as of late; it works particularly well under the eyes to masterfully banish dark circles and brighten the orbital area without creasing or looking conspicuous...my mom has been loving this formula (she wears shade #2) just as much as I have.
- *SK-II Mid-Day Essence: This genius spray refreshes the skin--tightening pores and yielding luminosity--with the power of Pitera. I've been waiting for SK-II to release a product like this for ages and couldn't be more pleased with its performance.
- *Gucci Blush in Spicy Petal: Warm nude pink with a natural satin finish, this blush is universally flattering and ever so easy to wear. I applied it as a soft contour to warm of the face and add depth.
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfecter in Opal (reviewed HERE): Applied on my upper cheekbones and down the bridge of the nose, I never tire of this comely highlighter; it has a permanent home in my makeup bag.
- *Chantecaille Cheek Gelee in Happy: Part of the recently-debuted Chantecille Winter Collection (more on this forthcoming, this delicate baby pink is equal parts light stain, hydrating serum and illuminator. I applied Happy to the apples of my cheeks for a incandescent result that lasts for hours on end. Every complexion will benefit from this stunningly versatile product!
- Tom Ford Golden Peach Eye Cream and Powder Eye Color (reviewed HERE): Something about South Beach energy made me want to embrace a peachy eye and this shade never disappoints; I blended the cream on my upper lid and along my lower lash line for a glowing, gossamer effect.
- Gucci Magnetic Mono Eyeshadow in Oxydus (reviewed HERE): I love the bronzy brown tone of this satin-finish formula; I blended a bit in the crease to build dimension and set the TF cream shadow; I adore this pairing.
- Burberry Effortless Kohl Eyeliner in Antique Gold: This extremely indelible eyeliner was love at first swatch; Antique Gold is a gorgeous, radiant golden khaki; I smudged it along my lower lash line in the images below. It is important to note that once applied, this eyeliner does not budge...brilliant!
- *Clinique Chubby Lash in Black Honey: Volumizing, lengthening and long lasting, this new release from Clinique is tinted the iconic aubergine of the eponymous lip color. I think this shade works particularly well to enhance with blue and green eyes.
- Burberry Fresh Glow Foundation in Ochre: I picked up this foundation powder on a whim and am extremely impressed by the finely milled texture (like butter) and marvelous mattifying properties of the formula. It provides excellent coverage and makes skin look smooth and perfected; Ochre is a befitting match for my NC 25 skin.
- Chanel Rouge Coco in Olga (reviewed HERE): Marshmallow pink with a soft shine, this shade offers just enough depth to be flattering, without competing with the distinct nuances of other products on the face.
- Oliver Peoples x Byredo fragrance: All at once musky, sweet, woodsy and complex yet entirely minimalist, this collaboration between two of my favorite lines instantly one my heart. I implore you to experience this fragrance...so good.
|Above: Complexion trifecta.|
|Above: The new By Terry Light-Expert Foundation brush features four holes and a flat top for seamless foundation application in a single press of the top button.|
|Above: Swatches of base products in natural lighting.|
|Above: These three products resided on my bedside at the Raleigh.|
|Above: Blush, powder and highlighter, mid-century modern edition.|
|Above: Gucci Spicy Petal is a soft nude pink.|
|Above: Sometimes, packaging is worth its own image.|
|Above: Swatches of cheek and face products in natural lighting.|
|Above: Next-level polished.|
|Above: Swatches of cheek and eye products in natural lighting.|
|Above: The soft, luminous baby pink of Chantecaille Happy makes me happy ; )|
The following images reflect all products in action, post red-eye and ready to explore Miami...shirt is the Free People Elsa Open Back, shorts are 3x1 and shoes are Paul Green:
|Above: Last look.|
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this "on location" FOTD straight from Miami and would love to hear what you think of the products discussed!
Also, what are YOU doing this weekend?
Good things ahead, including a some fresh fall/winter collection swatches, a beauty gadgets feature and a skincare update; I am also working on a current foundation routine story...can’t wait to share!
Any suggestions for future stories?
Have a beautiful weekend...x,
--The Beauty Professor
** PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-15 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.