|Above: Products that hold up incredibly well in summertime humidity.|
Happy last day of June! The summer humidity is in full force, causing me to constantly pursue new ways to get my hair off of my neck. Consequently, I am excited to share a hairstyle upon which I've been heavily relying...the three-braid ponytail. Less conventional than the typical pony and exceedingly more unique than a single braid, this incredibly easy style is apropos for medium to long hair of any texture, requires no special styling tools or products and works just as well on freshly-washed hair as it does on a third day mane!
Kindly scroll on for more details, a full accompanying beauty look and the Bottom Line...
|Above: A three-braid low ponytail...sleek and unexpected and, best of all, cooling in the summertime heat. My Free People Whitney Bra is marvelous for backless numbers.|
Creating this three-braid ponytail is truly as easy as one-two-three (couldn't resist!)...
(1) Part hair (I prefer a middle part for symmetry) and brush it until smooth and managable.
(2) Gather hair into a secure low ponytail and fasten with an elastic.
(3) Divide ponytail into three sections and braid each section, fastening with elastics. I opted for a classic braid, but a fishtail etc. will also work!
|Above: Chic beauty that performs as stunningly as it looks.|
In terms of beauty, I opted for a glowing, full-coverage canvas and warm contour, slightly smoky eyes and a shiny nude pout. The resulting look reminded me of the aesthetic from one of my favorite books and films, Jacqueline Susann's Valley of the Dolls and so I opted to photograph the products used on original images from the wardrobe department of the production. Patty Duke's portrayal of the high-strung, intensely-talented Neely is, alone, worth the 2 hour view time!
- Le Metier de Beaute Peau Vierge #2 (reviewed HERE) as an initial base.
- Zelens Age Control Foundation in Beige (swatched and reviewed HERE) mixed with one pump of the MustaeV Lustrous Cream Base (reviewed HERE) for a natural, dewy finish--buffed on with a damp Beauty Blender.
- *Kevyn Aucoin Matte Bronzing Veil in Desert Days (reviewed HERE) applied along lower cheekbones, jawline and down the nose, this bronzer adds a very believable warmth to the face.
- *Burberry Cheek Bloom in Purple Tulip (reviewed HERE), dabbed on the apples of my cheeks for a pinch of violet flush. If you haven't yet tried this incredible formula, I highly recommend starting with this versatile shade!
- *Jouer Luminizing Brightening Powder, swept along upper cheek and upper brow area and down the bridge of the nose for to subtly highlight; I've been using this little gem a lot this summer...it instantly brightens and perfects the skin.
- *Clé de Peau Beauté Eyeshadow Quad in #303 Baby Universe (also available at Nordstrom and reviewed HERE)...a mixture of all shades of this rosy neutral wonder blended towards brow bone and swept along lower lash line for depth and accent.
- *Votre Vu Arch de Triumphe Brow Definer in Fair applied with my *Jenny Patinkin Eyebrow Brush (reviewed HERE)...this brow formula is water-resistant, adding dimension and intensity to brows while still looking very natural. Fair is a neutral taupe that works well with my dark brown brows...love this!
- *Guerlain Maxilash So Volume Mascara...I am wildly impressed by the instant length and volume this new formula creates in two coats. It doesn't smudge or flake and is kind to my allergy-ridden eyes...so brilliant.
- *Surratt Beauty Relevee Eyelash Curler (reviewed HERE) to dramatically lift the lashes...undeniably the best of the best.
- La Prairie Cellular Luxe Lip Enhancer (reviewed HERE)...applied as a nude, moisturizing base, I am consistently pleased by how smooth this makes my lips...add a coat of the shiny, non-sticky, rosy beige Charlotte Tilbury Lip Lustre in Seduction (reviewed HERE and also available at CharlotteTilbury.com, Net-a-Porter and Beautylish) and classic nude lips are achieved in seconds.
- *Gucci Luxe Finishing Powder in 040 (reviewed HERE) to gently mattify along the T-zone.
- *Balenciaga B. fragrance (reviewed HERE)...liltingly fresh yet unexpected, the violet notes get me every time.
|Above: The Surratt Beauty Relevee Lash Curler + Guerlain MaxiLash So Volume Mascara make for a formidable, lush lash pairing.|
|Above: The Votre Vu Arch de Triumphe Brow Definer in Fair|
|Above: The velvety texture of Burberry Bloom in Purple Tulip melds into the skin for a "flushed from within" look.|
|Above: Swatches of all products in outdoor lighting.|
|Above: A delicate nude lip, courtesy of the La Prairie Cellular Luxe Lip Enhancer + Charlotte Tilbury Lip Lustre in Seduction.|
The following images reflect all products in action in various lighting situations...
|Above: Last look.|
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this FOTD and hairstyle post! My current summertime schedule is allowing me more opportunities to experiment and I have a host of hairstyle posts in the works ; )
Good things ahead, including a closeup of my pics from the new Charlotte Tilbury x Norman Parkinson Collection (previewed HERE), a round of new product procurements, a June Favorites video and an obscene amount of Guerlain!
What is inspiring YOU as of late?
--The Beauty Professor
** PR sample provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own.
© 2012-15 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish contenth and/or photos without author's written permission.