|Above: 8 things I'm currently loving.|
I hope your week is off to a marvelous start! I am happy to share a succinct rundown of 8 of my current loves as of late; in the spirit of the brevity of this post, I shot all of the images that follow in less than 4 minutes! Mostly beauty with a dash of fashion thrown in for good measure, these choices are summertime delights, indeed.
Kindly scroll on for more details and images of the products in action as well as the Bottom Line...
|Above: Sulwhasoo foundation, Smith & Cult nail polish and Gucci eyeshadow, resplendent in the sunshine.|
(1) Sulwhasoo Perfecting Cushion SPF 50+: Ever on a foundation hunt, this is the latest cushion compact to capture my heart. Shade 25 is a great neutral to yellow beige for NC 25-30 skin and the medium to full coverage is somehow nearly invisible on the skin. SPF 50 protection adds a formidable layer of long-lasting defense and I've preliminarily found that it photographs as well with a flash as without. Full review (with swatches!) to come...
(2) Viseart Blush in Pivoine (formula reviewed HERE): This cool toned medium pink lends a perfect pop of color to the cheeks...shimmer free, it looks entirely natural.
(3) Marc Jacobs Enamored Hi-Shine Gloss in French Tickler (formula reviewed HERE): Non-sticky, wildly reflective and slightly minty, this latest gloss formulation from the Marc Jacobs Beauty line is pure luxury. French Tickler is a tender baby peach shade that looks fetching alone or over lip color (as demonstrated in the images that follow).
(4) *Chikuhodo GSN 04 Blush Brush (reviewed HERE and HERE): I have used this ultra-soft brush consistently since receiving it a couple of months ago...it adeptly applies bronzer and blush with ease for a gorgeously well-distributed effect.
(5) *Gucci Magnetic Eye Shadow Duo in Aristocratic (reviewed HERE): This creamy matte taupe and shimmering thistle pairing creates a demure neutral eye that can be smoked up with extra reliance on the darker shade. The shadows are silky, saturated with pigment and crease-resistant...just gorgeous!
|Above: Swatches of Gucci Magnetic Eye Shadow Duo in Aristocratic in direct sunlight.|
(6) Laura Mercier Lip Parfait in Pink Grapefruit (swatched and reviewed HERE): Immensely pigmented and endlessly hydrating, this is one of my favorite lip formula discoveries this year. Pink Grapefruit is a bright pink-tinged coral
(7) Zinke Wrap Bikini Top: Although I wear bikini tops most days when I'm at home in the summer (they're a relaxed "base" for a casual outfit), I don't wear swimwear on my blog (probably something to do with my teaching career!). That being said, this is my favorite bikini top to date (and you can catch another glimpse of it on the blog HERE); the wrap style is unique and feels comfortably secure and the solid color pairs well with a spectrum of bottoms. Reviews demonstrate that this top runs a bit small...I generally wear an extra small or small in tops and I am a perfect medium in this style. I'll be ordering two backups in the Ardesia and Black shades this week!
|Above: The Zinke Wrap Bikini Top in Ardesia.|
(8) Smith & Cult Nail Lacquer in Ghost Edit: My first nail polish from the venerable Smith & Cult line (next up for review, glosses!!!), this semi-sheer nude pink beige makes nails look glossy, healthy and chic in two coats. It applies smoothly and has very respectable lasting power. I am confident that this will not be the last Smith & Cult polish in my collection...so good!
|Above: Smith & Cult Nail Lacquer in Ghost Edit, a beautifully delicate, semi-sheer nude beige pink.|
The following images reflect all products (sans bikini top) in action...
|Above: Also wearing a Neutrals Inc. Gold Bar Chain Choker...you can order a custom size (mine is 13 inches) for an ideal fit.|
|Above: Vintage ring loving, too...my Cartier Trinity Ring and Chanel one-of-antique (from my favorite antique store)...this Chanel Plume Ring is now on my "want list."|
|Above: Last look.|
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this rapid review of some summer gems...what are YOU currently loving?
Also, have you indulged in the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale yet? If you missed my shopping guide, do take a peek...I just picked up these Ferragamo loafers for my brother's birthday later on this week!
Good things ahead, including a round of new products, a hair-centric post, a video tutorial and a Guerlain summer intensive...
--The Beauty Professor
** PR sample provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own.
© 2012-15 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish contenth and/or photos without author's written permission.