|Above: Green Beauty from Kjaer Weis.|
Visually stunning and impeccably crafted, the Kjaer Weis line (available at Beautylish, Net-A-Porter, Spirit Beauty Lounge and Beauty Bar) never ceases to impress me with its gorgeous offerings. The fact that the premium ingredients of each formula contribute to a "green beauty" distinction futher heightens the line's value in my book. Today, I am excited to share a few new Kjaer Weis products in my arsenal...specifically, a fresh foundation shade, bronzer and highlighter.
Kindly scroll on for more details, swatches and images of the products in action as well as the Bottom Line...
|Above (L-R): Kjaer Weis Cream Foundation in Paper Thin, Illusion (top center), Just Sheer (bottom center) and Silken.|
The Kjaer Weis Cream Foundation (reviewed HERE, HERE and HERE) is simply marvelous. Smooth and hydrating with impressive medium to full coverage, this formula has great staying power and an ultra natural finish that yields perfected skin in a single application. Although I can get away with wearing Paper Thin in the winter months when I am at my most pale (@NC 23), Just Sheer is a befitting match for my current NC 25-27 skin, boasting just the right balance of peach, beige and yellow undertones. Per many dear readers' requests, I also had the opportunity to swatch a couple additional shades, completing the spectrum of the light to medium shade offerings:
- Like Porcelain: for fair skin with neutral undertones (@N/NC/NW 10-15)
- Silken (below): for light skin with yellow undertones (@N/NC 20-23)
- Paper Thin (below): for light skin with neutral beige undertones (@N/NW 20-23)
- Just Sheer (below): for light-medium skin with neutral to warm undertones (@N/NC 25-27)
- Illusion (below): for medium skin with warm undertones (@N/NC 27-33)
- Velvety: for medium-dark skin with neutral undertones (@N/NC/NW 35-40)
- Delicate: for dark skin with neutral undertones (@N/NC/NW 40-50)
|Above: Swatches in direct sunlight with a flash.|
|Above: Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|Above: swatches in outdoor shade.|
|Above: Compact refilling in action...waste not, want not.|
Part of the beauty of the Kjaer Weis line resides in its sustainability, courtesy of the Intelligent Refill System. The weighty, deco-instpired packaging is refillable, thereby reducing waste and heightening the value of the heirloom-quality compacts. I love switching out foundation shades in my compact each season; simply use a pin or paper clip to pop out the pan and place in the one...it takes mere seconds and my chrome-finish compact continues to live on!
|Above: The Kjaer Weis Dazzling Bronzer.|
The Kjaer Weis Dazzling Bronzer (also available at Spirit Beauty Lounge) is a lush and luminous tan cream that instantly warms and shapes the face. It works well with light and medium skin tones and blends like a dream, creating a soft, sculpting effect that performs with as much stalwart longevity as the foundation. Sheer yet buildable, this stunning golden brown is effortless and endlessly flattering.
|Above: The Kjaer Weis Highlighter in Radiance.|
Boasting next-level luminosity, the Kjaer Weis Highlighter in Radiance (also available at Net-A-Porter, Spirit Beauty Lounge and Beauty Bar) is an incandescent pearl-meets-champagne shade that looks shimmery in swatches but translates as pure light on the skin for an indisputably natural brilliance. It is creamy and long lasting with a slightly rosy undertone that delivers a glorious glow that would be lovely on a spectrum of skintones.
|Above: Ingredients for a Kjaer Weis fall beauty look.|
|Above: Highlighter, bronzer and foundation swatched in direct sunlight.|
|Above: Green beauty, resplendent in the sunshine.|
|Above: Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|Above: Beauty components.|
For the look that follows, I used:
- *Kjaer Weis Cream Foundation in Just Sheer (buffed on with a damp Beauty Blender)
- *Kjaer Weis Bronzer in Dazzling, stippled along my cheekbones and the perimeters of my face with the Jenny Patinkin All Over Face Brush (reviewed HERE)
- *Kjaer Weis Highlighter in Radiance tapped with my ring finger along my upper cheek bones and down the bridge of my nose
- *Kjaer Weis Eyeshadow in Wisdom (reviewed HERE) blended on my upper eyelids and along my lower lash line, this medium taupe with a satin finish is an excellent everyday wash of color.
- *Guerlain Maxilash So Volume Mascara (reviewed HERE)
- *Kjaer Weis Lip Tint in Beloved...this blackberry shade is all at once timeless and perfect for the fall months.
- *Keratin Complex Sweet Definition Texturizing Sugar Mist...a few spritzes transforms my straight hair, giving it fullness, volume and texture.
|Above: Kjaer Weis Lip Tint in Beloved alone on the lips...this pigmented shade creates a lovely Blackberry glow.|
|Above: A few spritzes of this formula in my heavy, straight hair instantly adds volume, texture and shape.|
The following images reflect all products in action in various lighting situations...
|Above: Last look.|
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: Kjaer Weis (available at Beautylish, Net-A-Porter, Spirit Beauty Lounge and Beauty Bar) is one of my favorite green beauty lines in the industry. Each product is crafted with such finesse and sophistication, simultaneously existing as an object of immense beauty and impressive performance. The foundation, bronzer and highlighter are exemplary staples in the lineup and I hope you found the swatches and overview to be helpful!
Have YOU tried Kjaer Weis? What are some of YOUR favorite products?
Good things ahead, including a recap of the Neiman Marcus Project Beauty (Beauty Event running now through 9/20!), a skincare update and a host of new fall releases...have a marvelous week!
--The Beauty Professor
* PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-15 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.