|Above: BY TERRY Magnet'Eyes has arrived!|
Devotees of the transcendent BY TERRY line have been eagerly awaiting the arrival of the latest Eye Designer Palette (previous palletes reviewed HERE), now available at Beautylish. The appropriately-monikered "Magnet'Eyes" is an entrancing mix of deep, shimmering teals, lush neutrals, cool blues and a brilliantly unexpected chartreuse for a fresh take on the classic smoky eye.
Kindly scroll on for more details, swatches and images of Magnet'Eyes in action as well as the Bottom Line...
|Above: The palette comes with a dual-sided brush for shadow application and eyeliner precision.|
In addition to its inherent visual beauty, the *BY TERRY Magnet'Eyes palette possesses an utterly unique collection of textures and shades. If you found the Smoky Nude pallete (reviewed HERE) to be too matte for your preferences and the Colour Design palette (reviewed HERE) to be too bold for your taste, then the Magnet'Eyes release is likely just for you.
The ten shadows, which can be worn wet or dry, are supremely silky and pigmented with great color payoff (all swatches that follow are a single pass of the shadow on the skin). The five shimmering shades play in the teal, green and blue family whilst the creamy mattes reside in neutral territory. In my initial experience with the palette, I found the shadows to blend beautifully with each other while demonstrating creaseless, long-wearing performance.
From a finish perspective, the shades with the shimmering satin finish have a gossamer feel that glides on and adheres to the skin without any trepidatious fallout. And although the matte shades have no visible shimmer, they still yield a touch of buttery luminosity when swatched and worn...brilliant!
Shade Descriptions (from top row L-R):
- Peacock green with a shimmering finish
- Matte taupey-brown cream
- Shimmering midnight navy blue
- Matte grey-meets-bone
- Incandescent shimmering baby blue
- Matte, lush chartreuse green
- Shimmering teal green
- Soft cloud white
- Shimmering teal blue
- Radiant peach (looks matte but has a smidge of shimmer)
INGREDIENTS: Talc, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Zea Mays (corn) Starch, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Sorbic Acid, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tin Oxide, Silica, Alumina, Magnesium Oxide, +/- [mica, Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491 / Iron Oxides, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides, Ci 77492 / Iron Oxides, Ci 77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, Ci 77000 / Aluminum Powder, Ci 75470 / Carmine]. Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Talc, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Paraffinum Liquidum / Mineral Oil, Zinc Stearate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Hydrogenated Styrene/isoprene Copolymer, Silica, Sorbic Acid, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Cobalt Titanium Oxide, Tin Oxide, +/- [mica, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides, Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77510 / Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, Ci 77000 / Aluminum Powder, Ci 77007 / Ultramarines, Ci 77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, Ci 77492 / Iron Oxides].
|Above: Textures abound.|
Onto the swatches...
|Above: In direct sunlight.|
|Above: In outdoor shade.|
|Above: In direct sunlight, with a flash.|
|Above: In outdoor shade, with a flash.|
|Above: In direct sunlight with a flash.|
|Above: All three BY TERRY Eye Designer Palettes (first two swatched HERE).|
|Above: Too much BY TERRY to handle, no?|
|Above: Magnet'Eyes Menagerie.|
To compliment the cool-toned, subtle intensity of Magnet'Eyes, I gathered a small grouping of products that riffed off of the peachy neutrals in the palette to create the beauty look that follows.
- *Kjaer Weis Cream Foundation in Just Sheer (formula reviewed HERE)...I am loving this foundation more and more; it boasts excellent coverage, all-natural ingredients and impressive lasting power...close up soon!
- *BY TERRY Densiliss Concealer #3 (reviewed HERE)...excellent to banish darkness and fine lines along the orbital area.
- Tom Ford LE Illuminating Duo in Moodlight (reviewed HERE)...to warm, sculpt and brighten the face, I have been grabbing for this constantly. May have to pick up a backup ; )
- *La Prairie Cellular Performance Cream Blush in Plum Glow (formula reviewed HERE) on the apples of the cheeks. I already adore the pale pink Peach Glow and this slightly deeper plum shade is a perfect transition-to-fall shade.
- *BY TERRY Magnet'Eyes Palette...I covered my lids (to the brow bone) with the peachy shade as a base, added the chartreuse shade along my upper lid for depth and color and placed the first teal/peacock shade (top left corner) in my crease with a shadow brush. I then dampened the eyeliner side of the included brush and used it to run the midnight navy shade (top row, third color) along my upper lash line (like a liquid liner). Finally, I swept a touch of the peach and lighter teal (bottom row, second from right) shades along my lower lash line for definition.
- For brows, I used the BY TERRY Eyebrow Mascara in #4 Dark Brown (reviewed HERE) to lightly groom and polish.
- Two coats of BY TERRY Mascara Terribly in Black Parti-Pris (reviewed HERE) completed the eye look.
- For lips, I simply applied the new Tom Ford lip color in Bare Peach, a luminescent neutral peach shade (LOVING this!).
- A single pump of the decadent *African Botanics MARULA Shimmering Gold Oil (reviewed HERE) along my decollete and to tame flyaways was the finishing touch for a radiant glow.
|Above: Tom Ford Bare Peach alone on the lips.|
|Above: Swatches of all products in direct sunlight.|
The following images reflect all products in action in various lighting situations (shot during the Golden Hour)...
|Above: Last look.|
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: The BY TERRY Magnet'Eyes Designer Eye Palette--which is limited edition, I might add--is a breath of fresh air in a sea of traditional smoky eye options. The shimmering shades are pigment rich, chic and sophisticated and the matte neutrals provide an anchoring wash of color, making this palette suitable for all hours of the day and night. I cannot laud the chartreuse shade enough...let's just say that in my vast collection of shadows, I don't own a single hue that even comes close to this color.
All in all, Magnet'Eyes is a gorgeous addition to the BY TERRY eyeshadow family. The combination of the versatile yet distinctive shades offer endless looks, thereby guaranteeing that the hearts (and eyes!) of luxury beauty lovers will be captivated by this fresh fall release.
What are some of YOUR favorite BY TERRY products? Will you be indulging in Magnet'Eyes?
Good things ahead, including foundation swatches, fresh fall releases and a green-beauty closeup!
Hope your week is going well thus far...xx,
--The Beauty Professor
** PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-15 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.