|Above: Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille...so radiant, it casts its own halo.|
I have so many new product discoveries that I simply cannot wait to share; now that I am almost on a hiatus from teaching for the summer (two more days!), there should be plenty of time for me to generate a host of comprehensive posts and videos over the next couple of months!
In the meanwhile, I wanted to extend some brief musings regarding one of my favorite fragrances of all time...Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (mentioned/reviewed HERE and HERE). I received this as a gift from my husband over a year and a half ago and have been utterly enchanted ever since. Although I have an affinity for a plethora of fragrances (a few of which are slated for future blog posts!), Tobacco Vanille has commandeered a special place in my heart with its sweet, musky aroma that simultaneously transmits allure and edginess. I am mournfully deficient when it comes to adeptly describing scents with the proper jargon, but every fragrance I wear gives me immediate mental vignettes, so I will do my best to convey what Tobacco Vanille conjures up in my mind:
- A perfectly worn in chambray shirt, complimented by classic gold jewelry and a swath of nude lip gloss
- The tender glow of a sunset on a crisp fall evening
- An eclectic bookstore, perhaps in the West Village (akin to where Audrey initially worked in the film "Funny Face")
- A mysterious, sophisticated, woman, seated on a train, accented by a Ferragamo scarf and perfect trench coat
- And now for a few adjectives...effortless, inviting and unmistakable
Bottom Line: If you have a propensity for musky, sweet, vanilla-infused fragrances that aren't overly feminine and have a classic appeal that works in every season of the year, then Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille is worth investigating. It's price point is ponderous, however, the immense lasting power makes this an investment to consider!
So many good things ahead on BP...any requests?
--The Beauty Professor
© 2012-14 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.