|Above: Jethro and I in the Valentine's Day spirit.|
Valentine's Day is in less than a week; how, by the way, did it creep up so quicky? I feel like I was just waxing poetic on the New Year! But I digress...in light of this impending gift giving extravaganza, I am excited to share my gift inspirations. Whether you demurely pass the hints on to your significant other or take destiny into your own hands and unabashedly treat yourself, I hope there are some gems that catch your eye!
Kindly scroll on for an overview of gift inspiration for face and body, eyes and, of course, lips as well as images of the products in action and the Bottom Line...
- *Pixi by Petra Glow Mist: This elixir is infused with natural oils and bee propolis to add moisture before makeup, a glow after makeup and a refreshing pick-me-up at any point in the day. This has a permanent place in my work bag...absolutely love it!
- Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Killer Cheekbones Bronze and Glow (available at Net-a-Porter and Nordstrom and reviewed HERE): I still use this glorious compact weekly after procuring it in the summer...contouring and highlighting could not be easier. So worth it!
- Clarins Hand and Nail Treatment Cream (available at Sephora, Neiman Marcus and Bloomingdales and reviewed HERE and HERE): This nourishes hands and nails for the most luxurious nightstand treatment. My mom and I have adored this cult favorite for years.
- *SK-II Facial Treatment Essence (available at Neiman Marcus, Sephora and Nordstrom and reviewed HERE): This has become a non-negotiable in my skincare routine over the past six month. I cannot say enough good things about its positive influence on my skin (also discussed HERE)...plus, it can be integrated into your existing skincare regimen.
- By Terry Terrybly Densiliss Concealer (available at Barney's NY and Space.NK...all shades swatched HERE): Every reader and subscriber I have who has tried this magnificent concealer has been super pleased with this skincare-meets-great coverage wonder.
- *Radical Skincare Skin Perfecting Screen SPF 30 (available at Sephora and Barney's NY and reviewed HERE): Physical sunscreen that leaves the face glowy and fresh with no flashback. It's a must for the warmer months to come!
- *Burberry Light Glow Natural Blush in Earthy (reviewed HERE): This neutral taupy beige looks lovely on a spectrum of skintones...if it is in stock, I highly recommend snapping one up.
- *Napoleon Perdis Stroke of Genius Liquid Cashmere Foundation (available at Neiman Marcus and Nordstrom and swatched/reviewed HERE): I have been loving this foundation after rediscovering it...B2 is a perfect match for my NC 25 skin and it makes my skin like that of a porcelain doll. Divine.
- Jouer Luminizing Liquid Highlighter: This new release from Jouer is just splendid...the ingredients list is stellar and the liquid light encapuslated in the click pen is delicate and flattering.
- Koh Gen Do Spa Water Cloths (reviewed HERE): I am never without these gentle yet powerful cloths...they remove every trace of everything without stripping my skin.
|Above: A closeup of the stunning Jouer Luminizing Liquid Highlighter...swatch near the bracelets. This has a complex, gossamer finish that delivers gorgeous light to the face.|
|Above: And to take it all off, the Koh Gen Do Spa Water Cloths...I will not be without these. Ever.|
- *Balenciaga B. Fragrance (reviewed HERE): I am very fond of this sweet, clean and musky skin scent...my favorite from Balenciaga to date...and the overall vibe is perfect for spring.
- *Clé de Peau Beauté Eye Color Quad #301 Marmalade Sky (available at Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus and Barney's NY and swatched/reviewed HERE): Subtle and pigmented, this quad brightens the eye effortlessly...truly, the CdPB eye shadow formula is unparalleled in my opinion!
- *Physician's Formula Eye Boost Instant Lash Extensions Kit: I will be doing a closeup of this kit soon but my preliminary experience is an indisuputably positive one. The lash extensions really add volume and length that doesn't flake off. Impressive.
- Surratt Beauty Autographique Liquid Liner (reviewed HERE): As liquid liners go, this is, without question, the best of the best. It has the most magnficent lasting power and always goes on dark and smooth. Brilliant.
- Kevyn Aucoin Eye Pigment Primatif Titian (available at Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom and Space.NK): This new procurement for me is such a gem...Titian is a warm mahogany and this plush formula adds pigment and luster that lasts for hours on end.
- Victorinox Swiss Army Alliance Watch: My watch for years now, I never tire of its classic look...an investment that I am glad I embraced!
|Above: The beauty that is the Kevyn Aucoin Eye Pigment Primatif in Titian, a rich and warm mahogany.|
|Above: A close up of the ultra-high performing Surratt Beauty Autographique liner...the best I've ever used.|
|Above: The Physician's Formula Eye Boost Instant Lash Extention Kit really gives the look of lash extensions in two coats...incredible!|
- Vintage by Jessica Liebeskind Sparkling Lipgloss in Pink Sequin and Snowflake (also reviewed HERE): These luscious glosses are lovely baby pinks to wear alone or over lip color...they have a smooth, long lasting texture and beautiful opacity. Adore them.
- Le Metier de Beaute Obsidian Odyssey Lip Kaleidoscope (reviewed HERE): For a never-ending litany of lip combination options, this kaleidoscope is a must...jelly pinks, reds and fuchsias work together to create a juicy, lush, flushed pout.
- Gucci Lip Gloss in Breathless (reviewed HERE): A pale pinky beige delight in an uber-luxe Gucci-embossed tube. This versatile shade is perennially in my purse.
- By Terry Baume de Rose Nutri Couleur in #01 Rosy Babe (available at Barney's NY and Space.NK and reviewed HERE): This gloss in a nutshell...tender pink meets an extremely powerful lip conditioner for a decadent indulgence that will last for ages. Get it.
- Kevyn Aucoin The Flesh Tone Lip Pencil in Cerise: This is my first red lip liner and I am duly impressed; Cerise is a strawberry red that adds impact and structure for the boldest red lip imaginable.
- Kevyn Aucoin Expert Lip Color in Carliana: A vibrant, creamy red for a classic lip look that is both wearable and memorable.
|Above: Swatches of Snowflake (iridescent pale pink) and Pink Sequin (warm light pink) in outdoor lighting...I love the texture, opacity and lasting power of these glosses.|
|Above: Kevyn Aucoin Cerise and Carliana for the quintessential red lip.|
|Above: Cerise + Carliana on the lips (and the images that follow!).|
- SK-II Facial Treatment Essence
- Napoleon Perdis A Stroke of Genius Foundation in B2
- Charlotte Tilbury Bronze and Glow
- Burberry Earthy Blush
- Clé de Peau Beauté Eye Color Quad in Marmalade Sky
- Surratt Autographique Eye Liner
- Physician's Formula Eye Boost Lash Extension Kit
- Kevyn Aucoin The Fleshtone Lip Pencil in Cerise
- Kevyn Aucoin The Expert Lip Color in Carliana
|Above: Last look.|
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this Valentine's Day-inspired post...anything catching your eye?
Good things ahead including a fresh video, new product procurements a-plenty a FOTD or two, a clothes haual and a skincare update. Can't wait to share!
--The Beauty Professor
** Some PR samples provided for review (denoted by an asterik...the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own.
© 2012-14 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.