|Above: Introducting the Giorgio Armani Ecstasy Lacquer.|
It seems at every turn, there is a new incarnation of matte liquid lip color being released. Although I am all for a velvety matte lip from time to time, I generally prefer a shinier formula that makes lips look lush, juicy and full. Enter the latest from Giorgio Armani: *The Ecstasy Laquer. Currently available online at Giorgio Armani Beauty and slated for widespread release at Armani counters at Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Bloomingdales and Saks later on this month, this hydrating lip color-meets stain-meets-luminous gloss is a veritable oasis in a sprawling desert of opaque matte lips.
Kindly scroll on for more details, swatches and images of the formula in action...
|Above: Swatches in direct sunlight.|
Available in both subtly metallic and cellophane-like varnish finishes, the Ecstasy Laquer feels divine on the lips. The angled doe foot applicator applies the perfect amount of this entirely non-sticky elixir and one can achieve long-lasting sheer, all the way to opaque coverage in a couple of coats.
Upon application, my lips feel moisturized and comfortable and the insanely-pigmented formula keeps my lips shrouded in bold color for hours on end!
There are 18 diverse shades in total and I had the privilege of trying seven of them; shade descriptions and swatches for those specific shades (in bold) follow below:
- 200 Night Berry (metallic effect): A deep blood red with slighly warm leanings, this shade is a gorgeous interpretation of the oxblood trend.
- 201 Leather (varnish effect)
- 300 Tangerine (varnish effect)
- 302 Amber (metallic effect)
- 400 Four Hundred (varnish effect): A bright and classic neutral cherry red that is universally flattering.
- 401 Red Chrome (varnish effect)
- 402 Red-To-Go (lacquer effect)
- 500 Vintage (metallic effect)
- 501 Uptown (varnish effect)
- 502 Boudoir (metallic effect): A soft and shimmering mid-toned pink...since receiving it, this easy to wear shade hasn't left my purse.
- 503 Fatale (metallic effect): A warm nude rose brown with extreme luminosity.
- 504 Pink-Out (metallic effect)
- 505 Crescendo (varnish effect)
- 506 Maharajah (metallic effect): A cool-toned deep violet pink with gorgeous radiance and finely-milled blue duochrome undertones that shift in the light.
- 600 Adrénaline (metallic effect): Hot raspberry pink with golden undertones.
- 601 Plum Vinyl (varnish effect): A sumptuously opaque red-meets-plum for deeply lush lips.
- 602 Vertigo (varnish effect)
- 603 Night Viper (varnish effect)
|Above: Swatches in direct sunlight with a flash.|
The images that follow reflect all seven shades in action. I am also wearing:
- *Chantecaille Future Skin Foundation (reviewed HERE) in a mixture of Cream and Sand
- Surratt Beauty Artistique Blush in Grisaille to contour
- Tom Ford Skin Illuminating Powder Duo in Moodlight (reviewed HERE) to add warmth and highlight
- Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Intense Silk Eyeshadow in Rock Sand (also available HERE...formula reviewed HERE)
- Surratt Beauty Relevee Mascara (reviewed HERE)
- Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Compact (also available HERE) in #2 to set the look.
- James Perse Rib Knit Tank in Black
- *Illesteva Leonard Half-Half Sunglasses...other styles and color combinations HERE
|Above: Night Berry.|
|Above: Four Hundred.|
|Above: Plum Vinyl.|
|Above: Last look.|
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: The Giorgio Armani Ecstasy Laquer (currently available online at Giorgio Armani Beauty and slated for widespread release at Armani counters at Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Bloomingdales and Saks) is such a refreshing release. The rich pigmentation, hydrating formula, expansive shade range and impressive lasting power make this one of my favorite lip color formula debuts this summer. Additionally, their ability to instantly brighten up the face makes them the perfect companion for a host of fall beauty looks. Utterly brilliant!
Which shade is calling YOUR name?
Good things ahead, including more Fall 2015 releases, a fresh FOTD and new product procurements!
May your week ahead be a marveous one...xx,
--The Beauty Professor
** PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-15 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.