|Above: (1) Two of my latest Lipstick Queen lippies...the Silver Screen formula in Come Up (reviewed HERE) and You Kid...so marvelous.|
Before I retire for the evening, here are nine points of discussion, thoroughly captured by film and quickly discussed!
(1) Lipstick Queen (reviewed HERE, HERE and HERE) Creator Poppy King will be making an appearance at Barney's NY in Beverly Hills tomorrow; I am slated to interview her in the afternoon and cannot wait to meet her in person! Full rundown of my experience in the very near future!
|Above: Skin-saving wonders.|
(2) The early October Southern CA heat has taken a toll on my skin and three products that have worked miracles with my dryness are:
- The Tata Harper Revitalizing Oil...smooth, fragrant and instantly absorbed--for skin that is glow-worthy)
- The Tata Harper Fortifying Body Lotion...creamy and long lasting, one pump adds extra reinforcement for retaining moisture for hours.
- The Norvell Dancing with the Stars Endurance Skin Perfector...this lightly tinted formula evens skin tone and adds a bit of depth and luminosity--perfect for the shorts and skirts I'm STILL wearing right now ; )
|Above: Oil, cream and tint...what else does one's legs need?|
|Above: The La Prairie Skin Caviar Luxe Eye Lift Cream...glorious on every level.|
(3) I've just started using the La Prairie Skin Caviar Luxe Eye Lift Cream. This truly opulent formula has been recommended to me time and again and I am LOVING the results thus far...a smooth, dewy, healthy and hydrated orbital area, even when I am at my most exhausted (which has been basically every day this week!). More on this gem and how I use it in my skincare routine soon.
|Above: The bottle of Joy Forever is breathtaking, no?|
(4) After running through a sample of this intoxicating juice, I now have a full bottle of the Jean Patou Joy Forever in my possession. This sparkling floral instantly brings cheer into my life with a single spray. Simultaneously classic and progressive, it has significant sillage and lasting power and smells utterly divine.
|Above: My handcrafted Quincy Vida by Seth Wegter.|
(5) Thursday 10/9/14 was National Handbag Day (who knew?) and I couldn't help but celebrate by posting an image of my daily purse...this gorgeous creation--the Quincy Vida--by Seth Wegter Bags. It is just the right size to hold everything one needs (including a plethora of lipsticks) while not being so large as to be tempted to overfill it and break one's back!
|Above: SK-II Essential Power Essence and Cream for clear, smooth, glowing skin.|
(6) Kindly meet two new additions to my growing SK-II skincare are the Essential Power Essence and Essential Power Cream. I use these concentrated formulas day and night to moisturize, tighten and clarify my visage and truly, since using the SK-II line, my skin has never been better. Full skincare routine breakdown in the works!
|Above: The Glam Screen converts the front of your phone into a mirror!|
(7) I've been meaning to mention this genius idea for awhile now...the Glam Screen by Jonathan Cheban instantly converts one's phone into a mirror. Simply apply the thin film onto the phone and, voila, the reflective surface acts as perfectly functional mirror when the lock button is pressed. I have used this countless times to covertly touch up my makeup or check my teeth after eating...truly, a brilliant invention.
|Above: The details.|
|Above: My mirror...the quality and clarity are tremendous.|
|Above: Swatches of nearly every shade of the freshly released Tom Ford Matte Lipcolor!|
(8) The brand new Tom Ford Matte Lipcolor just arrived at Neiman Marcus this week! I was able to procure some swatches from the lovely Tom Ford Specialist Reena Levin (312/241-7189) at Neiman Marcus in Chicago and the LE shade, First Time (a peachy pink nude that is lighter than Pink Tease), is on its way to my house as I type this. I will make sure to properly profile First Time as soon as it arrives. If you are wanting a delightful shopping-for-Tom-Ford-by-phone-experience, I highly recommend giving Reena a call!
|Above: Long week, horrendously messy braid...at least my contour and blush (Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow and Cheek to Chic blush in First Love) are doing their job.|
(9) Finally, as aforementioned, Charlotte Tilbury and her eponymous beauty line will be making her LA debut Nordstrom at the Grove in LA this weekend. As a huge fan of both her Bronze and Glow (reviewed HERE) and Cheek to Chic Blush in First Love (reviewed HERE), I will be swinging by in the later afternoon tomorrow and cannot wait to explore the wonder of her full range of products in person! Any LA Beauty Professor readers planning to attend?
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this latest installment of Office Hours and wish you the loveliest of weekends...looking forward to hearing what's new in your life!
--The Beauty Professor
**Some PR samples provided for review (the majority bought by me) however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own.
© 2012-14 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.