|Above: True to its name, the MAKE UP FOR EVER Ultra HD Invisible Cover Stick Foundation is beautifully imperceptible on the skin.|
As aforementioned, this summer has been rife with foundation releases. Last week, I shared a swatch-heavy overview of all 40 shades of the MAKE UP FOR EVER Ultra HD Foundation and today, I am excited to present the latest base release from the line: *MAKE UP FOR EVER Ultra HD Invisible Cover Stick Foundation. This ultra smooth formula offers buildable coverage and an invisible finish, making it one of the most natural looking foundation sticks I've encountered to date!
Kindly scroll on for more details, swatches of all 15 shades and images of the foundation in action as well as the Bottom Line...
|Above: All 15 shades in direct sunlight.|
The first time I applied the Ultra HD Invisible Cover Stick Foundation (my perfect match is #123/Y365 Desert, just like in the liquid), I was blown away by how adeptly it provided coverage while looking like nothing on the skin. Only a few swipes, strategically placed along the perimeter of the face and down the center of the nose and inner cheeks, are necessary to banish flaws on contact. I prefer buffing the formula into the skin with a slightly dampened Beauty Blender for the most seamless effect.
After having worked with this foundation for over a week, here are my observations:
- It provides buildable coverage (light, all the way to full) and layers beautifully without looking the slightest bit obvious.
- It has a buttery smooth texture that melts into the skin without feeling heavy. It is more hydrating than the Tom Ford Foundation Stick and more pigmented than the Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick.
- The finish is a satin matte...there is no obvious shimmer but I love how the skin has a healthy glow following application.
- The lasting power is absolutely stupendous, especially for a cream formula; I've been getting 6-7 touch up free hours of wear, even in warm and humid weather.
- It is definitely an HD foundation...it doesn't pool in pores, migrate into fine lines or slide around the face. Once I apply it, it truly is difficult for me to see the formula but I know it is there due to my even-toned canvas.
- This formula contains no fragrance and has been kind to my very sensitive skin.
- Due to the smooth and blendable texture, darker shades can easily transition into creamy bronzer and contour options, lending to the overall utility of the formula.
- In sum, I haven't been this excited about a foundation stick in ages...such a brilliant release!
|Above: Another angle.|
Official details, courtesy of Sephora:
What it is:A long-lasting, multitasking cover stick with invisible coverage for foundation touch-ups and contouring.
What it does:
Ultra HD Invisible Cover Stick Foundation creates a flawless complexion on camera, and to the naked eye. Developed specifically for the film and TV industry's most advanced technology, it is completely invisible under the latest, super-focused 4k lens. The revolutionary foundation contains amino acid coated pigments that provide medium-to-full coverage with a lightweight, second-skin texture that looks just like skin. It leaves a natural-looking, radiant finish, and it’s formulated with hyaluronic spheres for time-released hydration that is perfect for normal to dry skin. Ideal for foundation touch-ups and contouring, it can be applied at home or on-the-go for a flawless complexion.
What else you need to know:
MAKE UP FOR EVER is once again leading the beauty industry into the next era of makeup innovation and technology. As the original pioneer of the HD makeup category, it continues to redefine and elevate beauty standards with the launch of its ULTRA HD FOUNDATION, the first and only foundation designed for 4K technology. With 4K technology, the next generation of digital devices will display images with unbelievable detail, stunning clarity, and heightened color. Completely invisible under the latest, ultra-magnified resolution, these innovative foundation formulas look completely natural on camera.
"My goal was to cope with the new 4k technology while keeping the main benefits of HD Foundation.Ultra HD Foundation had to meet the perfection needs of Pros as well as the everyday needs of all women."—Dany Sanz, Founder & Creative Director
Onto the swatches...
I shot all 15 shades in outdoor light (e.g., direct sun, shade and shade with a flash) to provide the best possible context for shade depiction. The shades with a "Y" in their name have a warm/golden/yellow undertone and the shades with a "R" lean rosy to pink in undertone. Those shades with two sets of numbers show the direct correlation between a shade in the original formula and the new formula (e.g., 110/R220). Don't forget to click on images to further enlarge them!
|Above: The first set of shades work well for N/NC/NW 15-30 skin tones.|
|Above: The first set of shades work well for N/NC/NW 30-50 skin tones.|
|Above: This last pair of shades illustrate the lightest and darkest shades in the spectrum (both have neutral to rosy undertones). #115/R230 Ivory is great for N/NW/NC 10 skin and #180/R530 Brown is apropos for N/NW/NC 55+ skin.|
|Above: The MAKE UP FOR EVER Ultra HD Invisible Cover Stick Foundation comes both with a clear plastic cover to and a sturdy cap to doubly protect the formula while in transit.|
For the look that follows, I employed the use of these products:
- Equipment Slim Signature Blouse in Nude (also available at Nordstrom)
- *MAKE UP FOR EVER Ultra HD Invisible Cover Stick Foundation in #123/Y365, buffed on with a damp Beauty Blender
- *Charlotte Tilbury x Norman Parkinson Bronze & Glow (reviewed HERE) to add depth, warmth and highlight
- *Gucci Magnetic Eyeshadow Quad in Crystal Copper (reviewed HERE)
- Surratt Beauty Relevee Mascara (reviewed HERE)
- *Kevyn Aucoin Matte Lip Color in Resilient
|Above: Swatches of all products used, in direct sunlight.|
The following images reflect all products in action in various lighting situations...
|Above: Last look.|
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this swatch-heavy review of the marvelously capable MAKE UP FOR EVER Ultra HD Invisible Cover Stick Foundation. I implore foundation lovers to consider giving this new release a try, especially if you love cream foundation in the portable convenience of a stick. Sephora is currently in the midst of Beauty Insider Appreciation Week (through 8/9), making it the perfect time to snap up your shade.
What foundation formulas are YOU loving as of late?
Good things ahead, including some fresh powder releases, a skincare update and a host of new product procurements...I am also in the midst of working my way responding to your lovely comments and emails. Thanks, as always, for your patience!
--The Beauty Professor
** PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own.
© 2012-15 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.