Just moments ago, it seemed that February had just begun and now, Valentine's Day is next weekend...where does the time go?
In light of this occasion, I am thrilled to extend a comprehensive Valentine's Day Gift Guide, positively brimming over with skincare and beauty suggestions in every category...hope you find something that you adore!
Kindly scroll on for more details, swatches and Jethro-centric images as well as the Bottom Line...
|Happy Valentine's Day from Jethro + me.|
|Skincare on the go.|
I. SKINCARE on the GO
- *PIXI by Petra Makeup Fixing Mist (reviewed HERE)
- *Physician's Formula Argan Wear Argan Oil Primer: This ultra light mist can be used as a weightless primer and mid-day touch up. Oh...and it smells divine!
- *Arcona Eye Dew (reviewed HERE)
- *Radical Skincare Radical Perfection Fluid (reviewed HERE)
- *SK-II Mid-Day Essence (reviewed HERE)
- *Tatcha LUMINOUS Deep Hydration Firming Eye Serum: The latest from Tatcha, this moisturizing eye cream offers radiance without visible shimmer, perfecting the delicate eye area with every application.
|Toss one in your handbag!|
|It's like having a spa at home.|
II. SPA at HOME SKINCARE
- *Juara Radiance Enzyme Scrub: Harnessing the power of natural fruit enzymes, this lush facial polish buffs away dull and dry skin, leaving healthy, fresh and balanced skin in its wake.
- *Omorovicza Gold Flash Firming Serum (reviewed HERE)
- Mila Moursi Dual Action Serum (reviewed HERE and HERE)
- *African Botanics Fleurs d'Afrique Oil: A fresh launch from the gorgeous African Botanics line, this stunning oil is brimming with nutrients for hydrated and glowing skin. This incredible formula will be launching on Net-A-Porter on March 7th!
- *La Prairie Cellular Radiance Perfecting Fluide Pure Gold: The ultimate in luxury, this brand new formula employs pure gold and an impressive cocktail of anti-aging ingredients for a brighter, more even complexion and the diminishing of fine lines...I've been using this daily for the past week and am over the moon at the results. Splurge? Perhaps. Worth it? Absolutely,
|Cleansing, exfoliation and anti-aging...under control.|
|Hair care, nails + fragrance.|
III. HAIRCARE, NAILS + FRAGRANCE:
- *Edward Bess Hair Hero (reviewed HERE)
- *Gloss Moderne Luxury Vegan Collection (line reviewed HERE)
- *Bulgari Eau Parfumee AuThé Rouge: Rich tea and fig notes give this fragrance a fresh yet grounded energy that is sophisticated and unique.
- *Maison Margiela Replica Lipstick On (currently qualifies for Sephora Beauty Insider Triple Points + reviewed HERE)
- *Satori (brand reviewed HERE): This natural perfume oil (in a perfectly portable size) captures the warmth of vanilla and sandalwood and couples with the juicy essence of yuzu and ginger...so good.
- *Smith & Cult Gay Ponies Dancing in the Snow (formula reviewed HERE)
- Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat: Completely entrancing on every level, this new launch from the MFK line is divine...sweet, earthy and utterly opulent, I have been wearing it daily.
- Byredo Mojave Ghost (reviewed HERE)
|The Gloss Moderne Luxury Collection.|
|It's all in the details.|
|All about eyes.|
- *Viseart Matte 01 Palette: Already a cult favorite, this palette of matte neutrals is perfect for those who don't prefer to work with shimmer.
- Tom Ford Disco Dust (reviewed HERE)
- Natasha Denona Palette #5: Richly pigmented and incredibly velvety, this collection of warm neutrals and royal violets makes for a resplendent look on eyes of all colors! Sign up for Natasha Denona Early Access to get your palette!
- *Surratt Beauty Prismatique Eyes (all shades swatched + reviewed HERE)
- Charlotte Tilbury Luxury Palette Dolce Vita (reviewed HERE)
- Clé de Peau Beauté Cream Eye Color (reviewed HERE)
- *IT Cosmetics Super Hero Elastic Stretch Volumizing Mascara: I am wildly impressed by this new mascara from IT Cosmetics...the name says it all...volumizing and lengthening in one coat...and the reviews are incredible!
- Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir Mascara (reviewed HERE)
- *Tom Ford Cream Eye Shadow Opale (formula reviewed HERE)
|A closeup of the elusive Natasha Denona Palette #5.|
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|Tom Ford Opale makes for a beautiful netural eye base shade, a blending color or even a gentle highlighter...so stunning.|
|Foundations for one and all.|
- *Hylamide Transparent Photography Solution (reviewed HERE)
- *TEMPTU Air (reviewed HERE and HERE)
- *Giorgio Armani Maestro Glow Foundation (reviewed HERE and HERE)
- *Koh Gen Do Maifanshi Silky Moist Powder (reviewed HERE)
- *Le Metier de Beaute Peau Vierge #2 (reviewed HERE)
- Lancome Teint Idole Foundation Stick (reviewed HERE)
|I, for one, cannot get enough base.|
|Bronzer + Contour.|
VI. Bronzer + Contour:
- Tom Ford Illuminating Duo in Moodlight (reviewed HERE)
- *Rodial Contour Powder (reviewed HERE)
- Orlane Bronzer #23: I am loving the new bronzer from the Orlane line...this silky powder is finely milled and #23 is neutral enough to double as a contour without looking too brown or ashy; it's a new staple in my handbag.
- *Lune + Aster Moonrise Glow + Contour Bronzing Palette: Exclusive to Blue Mercury, this marvelous palette features a light bronzer and shimmering pale gold highlighter for adding depth, warmth and glow to the face in a matter of seconds. Truly genius.
|The Orlane Bronzer #23.|
|Swatches of all bronzers in direct sunlight.|
|Blush and illumination team.|
VII. BLUSH + GLOW
- Chantecaille Liquid Lumiere in Brilliant (reviewed HERE)
- Girlactik Face Glimmer in 14K: Now in a brand new shade, this creamy liquid highlighter imparts a gorgeous gleam without obvious shimmer...it effortlessly blends with one's canvas for a second-skin, lit-from-within effect.
- Vintage by Jessica Leibeskind Illuminating Face Highlighter in Rose Gold (reviewed HERE)
- Hourglass Ambient Strobe Powder in Euphoric (reviewed HERE)
- By Terry Terrybly Densiliss Blush in #01 Platonic Blonde (reviewed HERE)
- La Prairie Cellular Radiance Cream Blush in Plum Glow (reviewed HERE)
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|A highlighter for every preference.|
|Lip color galore.|
VIII. LIP COLOR
- Tom Ford Spring/Summer 16 Lip Color: Fully embodying the toned-down neutrals of the 1960's, this shiny, pale nude beige looks amazing over lip liner.
- *GlossiGirl Pushover (mentioned HERE)...one of the most perfect pinky nudes I've encountered to date, this formula is lush, pigmented and vegan.
- Christian Louboutin Lip Definer in Nats (reviewed HERE)
- *Osmotics Blue Copper 5 Lip and Tuck in Golden Nectar: Hydrating and volumizing without the slightest bit of tingle, this radiant gloss gives lips their best chance to shine. I like wearing it as a priming base and following with lip liner and lipstick for a delightfully full and moisturized pout.
- Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution in Between the Sheets (reviewed HERE)
- *Gorgeous Cosmetics Lip Gloss in Mocha: Shiny and pigmented without being sticky, this neutral hue looks lovely on a spectrum on skin tones.
- *Burberry Kisses Lip Color in Garnet (reviewed HERE and worn below)
- *IT Cosmetics Blurred Lines in Je Ne Sais Quoi: A perfectly perky pink in a lip smoothing formula that feels amazing, Je Ne Sais Quoi is a must.
- *By Terry Gold Jewel Lip Palette (currently 40% off + reviewed HERE)
- *Sisley Phyto Lip Twist in Berry (reviewed HERE)
- *Smith & Cult Lip Gloss in One Word Chorus (formula reviewed HERE)...a color saturated "my lips but better " that is neutral, luxe and universally flattering.
- *Girlactik Matte Lip Paint in Sweet: Intensely pigmented and exceptionally long lasting, this praise-worthy matte lip formula now comes in the neutral mid-toned pink shade, Sweet," which offers a beautiful depth for most skin tones.
|Smith + Cult One Word Chorus...richly pigmented and ever so shiny.|
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|A swatch of Girlactik's latest Matte Lip Paint...Sweet.|
|Lips for days.|
- Ash Dean Camo Wedge Sneaker: I picked these camo gems up on a whim and love their hidden wedge and unique color combination. Entirely comfortable, I am treating them like a neutral (like leopard) and wearing them with everything. Highly recommended!
- *Saint Laurent Paris Cosmetics Bag (reviewed HERE...more affordable option HERE)
- *Mujjo 80 Degree iPhone 6 Case (alternate shade reviewed HERE)...sleek and durable, this brilliant phone case features a diagonal slot for easy card carrying. It's all one needs in a phone case!
|Ash Dean Camo Tennies.|
|Tiny touches make all the difference.|
|By the way, it's currently 80 degrees in CA...unereal.|
X. JETHRO TIME //Wearing: TEMPTU Foundation, Tom Ford Moodlight, Tom Ford Disco Dust, IT Cosmetics Super Hero Mascara, Burberry Kisses Garnet Lipstick and faux fur vest (currently on sale) by JOIE...
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this Valentine's Gift Guide extravaganza and would love to hear what has caught YOUR eye!
Good things ahead, including another Tom Ford eyeshadow closeup, a Rodial beauty feature, a cleansing routine closeup and a host of new product procurements!
Also, as aforementioned...SAVE the DATE // I am excited to announce that I will be hosting the Neiman Marcus Beverly Hills Project Beauty on Saturday, February 27th! The free event, which features a cavalcade of new spring beauty as well as sips and snacks and an array of beauty and skincare brand experts, will begin at 11 AM! If you are a Southern CA local (or will happen to be in the area at the time), please plan on attending...it would be wonderful to meet you in person.
--The Beauty Professor
** PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-15 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.