|Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Between the Sheets.|
Happy first day of February! Today, I am excited to share a first look at the latest lipstick release from Charlotte Tilbury: Matte Revolution Lipstick in Between the Sheets. Named by fans of the brand, this lush rosy nude features a matte yet moisturizing formula and a breezily sensuous appeal.
Kindly scroll on for more details, comparison swatches and images of Between the Sheets in action as well as the Bottom Line...
|Between the Sheets.|
The Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution formula (extensively reviewed HERE) is decadently high performance; as aforementioned, the smooth, weightless texture coats lips in pigmented color, while impressively maintaining moisture levels over the course of wear.
Consequently, when I learned that Between the Sheets--one of two new releases named by Charlotte Tilbury fans--was on the cusp of debuting, I knew it had to be mine. The formula is already one of my favorite mattes on the market and the fact that this particular shade is classified as a light rosy nude made it an uniquivocal pursuit. I pre-ordered it last week and hoped it would be as effortlessly beautiful as it appeared on the Charlotte Tilbury site.
I am over the moon to confirm that it indeed is as stunning as expected! This creamy, opaque rosy nude pink has impeccable pigmentation and sueded finish that maintains a matte look while still looking plush and healthy. In terms of tone, it falls beautifully between the much lighter Miss Kensington and deeper, warmer Sexy Sienna (comparison swatches to follow), thereby securing its place in my lip color rotation.
In sum, it is a delightfully flattering neutral pink that is sure to flatter a spectrum of skintones!
|Swatch in direct sunlight.|
|Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Between the Sheets alone on the lips.|
|Compare + Contrast.|
To compare and contrast, Between the Sheets is:
- Darker and rosier than Matte Revolution Miss Kensington (reviewed HERE). It also lacks the subtle pearl shimmer that Miss Kensington possesses.
- Rosier, deeper and cooler than the warm honey beige K.I.S.S.I.N.G Lipstick in Penelope Pink (reviewed HERE).
- Pinker and more matte than K.I.S.S.I.N.G Lipstick in B*tch Perfect (reviewed HERE)
- Cooler and rosier (though similar depth) to Matte Revolution Sexy Sienna (reviewed HERE)
|Charlotte Tilbury comparison swatches in direct sunlight.|
|Between the Sheets.|
|Charlotte Tilbury comparison swatches in direct sunlight with a flash.|
In the images that follow, I am wearing:
- Rodial Airbrush Foundation #2 (to be reviewed soon)
- Hourglass Ambient Bronzer in Luminous Bronze Light (reviewed HERE)
- Hourglass Ambient Strobe Powder in Incandescent Light (reviewed HERE)
- *Urban Decay Moondust Eyeshadow in Zodiac
- *Estee Lauder Sumptuous Knockout Mascara (reviewed HERE)
- Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Between the Sheets
- Chambray shirt from Shopbop
|Urban Decay Zodiac is hyper luminous greenish black with a colorshifting sheen.|
|Lipstick lover for life|
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this overview of the gorgeous Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick in Between the Sheets. I, for one, am so glad that I decided to order it sight unseen. If you love pigmented pinky nudes with a soft matte texture, then this could most certainly be the shade for you...do please share your thoughts!
Good things ahead, including the announcement of the winner of my Omorovicza Giveaway, a fresh foundation video, a skin cleansing feature and a host of new product procurements.
--The Beauty Professor
** PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-15 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.