Kindly scroll on for jewelry, lip color and style suggestions aplenty as well as the Bottom Line...
|Above: The Loren Stewart Ball Choker.|
Also pictured, the divine *Norell fragrance, a floral-meets-musk that first launched in 1968. This updated version is gorgeous for daily wear.
Victorinox Square Watch, which I've had for years. The gold and chrome metal, classic shape and easy to read face seamlessly blend to any style and it pairs well with bracelets.
|Above: The Victorinox watch in action.|
|Above: A larger face and colorful band make this Daniel Wellington watch unique.|
|Above: My Daniel Wellington watch.|
|Above: My custom talisman from Sequin NYC.|
Long necklaces are difficult to come by; fortunately, this latest style by *Sequin NYC allows one to customize their creation, offering choice of metal (gold or silver), length of long chain and up to three talisman charms, tailored to one's personality. I chose the longest size link chain in gold, along with a gold feather, pave key and mini gold evil eye for a unique layering piece.
|Above: Layering pieces like a mad woman!|
|Above: The Monica Vinader Fiji Friendship Bracelet in rose gold and black.|
In terms of bracelets, may I suggest the *Monica Vinader Fiji Friendship Bracelet, which allows for color and metal customization to suit one's specific taste; the rounded metal section fits like a glove on most wrists and the woven half is comfortable and easy to adjust. So chic!
|Above: Jewelry loving!|
- Vintage Cartier scarf...I love all things silk scarf and Cartier-related so this gem from The Real Real, which guarantees authenticity of its barely used designer items, hits all the marks. Timeless and useful (hair accessory! belt! fix for a too-low top!), this holiday season is a great time to start collection.
- *Maison Margiela Replica Lipstick On...brand new from the Margiela line, this dreamy fragrance is reminiscent of all the best moments of getting ready in front of mirror. Softly sweet and subtly floral, this is a MUST for makeup lovers.
- Gigi New York iPhone Wallet Case...available for monogram, this genius wallet features a detachable iPhone case for flexibility and convenience on the go. I've used my green version nonstop for nearly a year!
|Above: Maison Margiela Lipstick On...blush and powder at its best.|
|Above: My latest scarf.|
--Shop Jewelry + Accessories--
|Above: Transitioning from jewelry to lip color now...|
|Above: Candy Lipz.|
|Above: The MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Plexi-Glass Kit.|
Before moving on to here are two holiday lip kits exclusives from Make Up Forever that will make lip gloss lovers swoon:
First, meet the MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Plexi-Gloss Kit (currently on sale, it's a veritable steal). This charming quartet comes in a orange zipper pouch for luscious lips on the go. The formula is moisturizing, extremely long lasting and impressively pigmented and, although the ultra shiny finish is slightly sticky, I believe that is what contributes to the gloss' longevity overall. The kit contains:
- Nude Beige: My absolute new favorite, this insanely pigmented shade alone makes this kit worthwhile. It creates the perfect plush nude lip alone or atop lip liner or a pink or nude lip color...AMAZING.
- Pearly Nude
- Red Coral
- Candy Pink
|Above: The flat paddle doe foot applicator of the MUFE Plexi-Gloss is unique and effective.|
- Pearly Light Beige
- Brown Beige
- Sweet Pink
- Pop Pink
- Fuchsia Pink
- Pearly Golden Pink
- Orange Coral
- Pearly Plum
Here are some of my absolute favorite lip color formulas in three color families: Classic Nudes, Jewel Tones and Darker Neutrals...scroll on for images, details, links to reviews and, of course, swatches:
Classic Nudes // Beautiful light beiges, peaches and pinks for a muted lip that makes an impact
- By Terry Baume de Rose Gloss (reviewed HERE)
- Bliss Liquid Lipstick in Gotta Nude Attitude (reviewed HERE)
- Charlotte Tilbury Gloss in Seduction (reviewed HERE)
- NARS Chelsea Girls gloss (reviewed HERE)
- Tom Ford Naked Gloss (reviewed HERE)
- Marc Jacobs gloss in French Tickler (also available at MarcJacobsBeauty and reviewed HERE)
- Girlactik Star Gloss in Flirty (formula reviewed HERE)
- Burberry Kisses Gloss in Nude Beige...delightfully unscented and not the slightest bit sticky, this opaque pinky nude looks lovely alone or over lip pencil for effortlessly shiny lips.
|Above: Wearing NARS gloss in Chelsea Girls.|
Classic Nude Lip Bases and Lip Pencils // Great to smooth and even out the lips as well as to add definition and shape for a lasting effect.
- *La Prairie Lip Enhancer (reviewed HERE)
- *Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick in Very Victoria (reviewed HERE)
- Chanel Lip Pencil in Modore Nude (reviewed HERE)
- Christian Louboutin Lip Definer in Nats (reviewed HERE)
- *Rodial Lip Pencil in Nude #2...a true peachy beige, this waterproof neutral is creamy and opaque. I love pairing it with Make Up Forever gloss in Nude Beige (as seen in this Instagram post)
- *Le Metier de Beaute Waterproof Lip Liner in Nylon (reviewed HERE)
Jewel-Toned Pinks, Reds and Corals // For a creamy, bright pop of color that doesn't overwhelm.
- MustaeV Lip Palette Red...this versatile and affordable 10 shade palette possesses a spectrum of rich, buildable and blendable shades for endless combination. Yet another highly recommended from the venerable MustaeV line!
- MustaeV Lip Palette Coral
- Tom Ford Lilac Nymph (reviewed HERE)
- Koh Gen Do Maifanshi Cheek Tint...softly pigmented and endlessly creamy, this tender peachy pink looks amazing dabbed onto the apples of one cheeks and can also be swept over lips for a mod 1960's pale pink result.
- Clé de Peau Beauté Enriched Lip Luminzer in Pink Parfait (reviewed HERE and also available at CdPB)
- Armour Beauty V Gloss in Gilda...in honor of famed comedian Gilda Radner, this glowing bright pink is vegan, pigmented, moisturizing and long wearing...so lovely.
- Dolce & Gabbana Sophia Lip Color (reviewed HERE)
- Christian Louboutin Silky Satin Lip Color in Bikini (reviewed HERE)
|Above: Koh Gen Do Cheek Tint...swatched in sunlight, this creamy formula is a beautiful pale peach for a naturally just pinched look that can be applied to lips or cheeks.|
|Above: Wearing Christian Louboutin Silky Satin Lip Color in Bikini.|
|Above: Bikini for the win.|
Mid-Toned Neutrals // For a deeper nude that looks ever so "my lips but better."
- Buxom Big & Sexy Bold Gel Lipstick in Guilty Angel
- Kaplan MD Lipstick in Peach (reviewed HERE)
- Urban Decay Matte Revolution Lip Color in Backtalk
- Christian Louboutin Silky Satin Lipstick in Tutulle (reviewed HERE)
- Surratt Beauty Lipslique in Fee Soie (reviewed HERE)
- Laura Mercier Lip Parfait in Amaretto Swirl (reviewed HERE)
- Tom Ford Matte Lip Color in First Time (reviewed HERE)
- Tom Ford Lips & Boys in Flynn (reviewed HERE)
- *Edward Bess Lasting Kiss in Au Naturale (reviewed HERE)
- *Estee Lauder Liquid Lip Potion in Fierce Beauty (reviewed HERE)
- *Giorgio Armani Ecstasy Lacquer in #503 (reviewed HERE)
|Above: Wearing the Giorgio Armani Ecstasy Lacquer in #503.|
|Above: Last look.|
--Shop Lip Color--
Style Sale Suggestions // It seems like every website is offering holiday promotions right now...here are some of my favorite retailers, with a curated style recommendation for each:
- Anthropologie: 20% off all items with code STOCKUP--check out these mod-inspired Rachel Comey booties for timeless utility.
- Equipment: 25% off with code TAKE25--this striped dress and bronze-toned slim signature shirt are going into my shopping cart this minute.
- Free People: 25% off winter boots--these hiking-inspired booties are calling my name.
- Italist: Up to 50% off--I've been consistently pleased with my ordering experience from this European e-tailer and I have my eye on these DSquared2 Twiggy Jeans.
- Luisa Via Roma: Up to 50% off--this Saint Laurent sweater is perfect.
- Neiman Marcus: Extra 25% off designer sale--I am saying "yes, please" to this brilliant Burberry coat.
- Net-A-Porter: A major sale across all categories--this handmade cuff (at drastic markdown, I might add) is unique and excellent for everyday wear.
- Nike: So many lovely gift options--I wear my Nikes constantly and these Air Max 1's may need to be added to the collection.
- Nordstrom: So many gift options and free delivery by Christmas Eve--I think I'll be picking up a couple of sets of these darling copper mugs for our house...I don't always buy makeup ; )
- Revolve: Designer dress sale with savings up to 50% off--this Cacharel Ruffle Dress will work just as well at work as it will at a special event.
- Shopbop: A host of sale options in the curated gift guide; I've been wearing a ton of boyfriend jeans lately and these slouchy leather pants (rare!) need to be a part of the rotation.
- The Real Real: There is always a sale to be found on this site and now is the ideal time to pick up a Cartier Trinity Band, currently an additional 20% off with code GIFT; I have two that I never take off!
--Shop the Style--
Bottom Line: I hope you found this last-minute gift guide helpful and inspiring and would love to hear what has caught your eye!
Good things ahead, including a fresh video, a fresh FOTD and a host of new product procurements...with the next two weeks off, I look forward to creating more content and catching up on comments and emails ; )
XOXO and have a lovely remainder of the weekend,
--The Beauty Professor
XOXO and have a lovely remainder of the weekend,
--The Beauty Professor
** PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-15 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.