|Above: Casual spring style.|
The unseasonably warm weather we've been having in Southern California as of late has allowed me to embrace some fresh spring style a little earlier than anticipated. In turn, I am thrilled to share some of my latest acquisitions...clean, classic and entirely fitting for both work and leisure, I hope you enjoye this style + makeup post (with a preview of the Neiman Marcus Beauty Event GWP thrown in for good measure!).
Kindly scroll on for more details, closeup images, a beauty rundown (with some Dior and Bobbi Brown newness) and the Bottom Line...
|Above: Classic comfort...a cream button-down doesn't go out of style.|
- An off-white Oversized Classic Buttondown...I cannot get enough button downs and this generously cut cream version is timelessly chic (a size small ).
- Peyoza Parachute Down Pants...comfortable, classic and perfect for work and play. The army green shade goes with everything from bikini tops to silk blouses.
- Eileen Fisher "Sport" Platform Sandals...I adore every pair of Eileen Fisher shoes I own and these cushiony leather sandles strike an apropos balance between casual and making an effort. Like the preceding two garments, I'll be wearing these for months to come!
|Above: The Eileen Fisher platforms have a zipper back and ultra soft leather straps.|
|Above: The 2 inch platforms adds height without straining one's feet...magnifique!|
|Above: The pants are roomy but run true to size (I am wearing a 2).|
|Above: With the green version of the Eddie Borgo-designed Neiman Marcus Beauty Tote GWP (more details below).|
|Above: Brimming with samples from lines including Oribe, YSL, Lancer and Amore Pacific, the Eddie Borgo bag is a marvelous nod to the spring season.|
Here is a lightning quick preview of the latest Neiman Marcus Beauty Event Bag (running 2/18-3/1/15 and free with a $125 or more purchase in cosmetics/fragrance). Designed by Eddie Borgo, this perforated rubber bag is the quintessential combination of chic and utilitarian. Filled with samples from lines inlcuding Oribe (love the Gold Lust line), Lancer (I just repurchased The Method: Polish...so good) and Amore Pacific, this bag comes in a soft sage green (pictured), muted coral and cream gray.
|Above: Geometric perforation + flexible rubber = the most unique GWP bag ever.|
|Above: Those that spend $500 or more will also receive this Eddie Borgo wristlet. Love it.|
Onto the skincare and makeup of the moment...
|Above: Beauty + skincare for a low key look.|
- *SK-II Facial Treatment Essence (reviewed HERE)...a unmitigated daily staple in my life
- *Estee Lauder Re-Nutriv Ultimate Diamond Sculpting/Refinishing Dual Infusion...this luxurious serum has been been a sublime experience for my skin. I've used it for over a week and will weigh back in soon!
- Le Metier de Beaute Peau Vierge #2 (reviewed HERE)...a non-negotiable in my life. Period.
- *By Terry Densiliss Primer (available at Barney's NY and Space.NK)...reviewed HERE)...a pea-sized amount transforms my pores.
- *PIXI Glow Mist (reviewed HERE)...I'm fast becoming addicted to this refreshing spritz.
- Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation in Cashew Beige...I recently re-discovered this glowing medium to full coverage foundation and love the effect. I know it's being reformulated but I suggest getting your hands on the original if you can...Cashew Beige is a spot on match for NC 25 skin!
- Charlotte Tilbury Bronze and Glow (reviewed HERE)...applied with a Stilazzi Duo Fiber Brush which expertly deposits just the right amount of color
- Charlotte Tilbury Cheek to Chic blush in First Love (reviewed HERE)...neutral blush with a daily application for me, I don't go more than a day or two without using this
- *Le Metier de Beaute PV Pen #2 (reviewed HERE)...I love the skincare + glow this gem imparts.
- *Bobbi Brown Browns Eye Palette...this sophisticated quad has four gradient shades to create a brilliantly subtle eye that can be amped up to full-blown smouldering.
- By Terry Eyebrow Mascara #4 Dark Brown...clean, groomed brows in mere seconds
- *Hourglass Panoramic Lip Liner in Eden (reviewed HERE)...this neutral stays on the lips forever and pairs well with pale shades to deliver depth and longevity.
- Stila Lush Lips Water Plumping Primer (full review soon)...this is perhaps the most unique lip primer I have tried in a long time; one part balm, one part gentle plumper, I am loving this thus far.
- *Dior Rouge Brilliant in Bonheur...this divinely lush gloss is nourishing and delightfully non-sticky for the most stunning marriage of color and conditioning. I simply cannot stop using this!
|Above: Skincare essentials as of late.|
|Above: Swatches of all four shades in direct sunlight...creamy, pigmented and resistant to creasing!|
|Above: Face products to subtly perfect...I have actually hit pan on my Bronze and Glow!|
|Above: The brand new Dior Brilliant Rouge features a diveted doe-foot applicator and the most lusciously hydrating|
|Above: A swatch of Bonheur in direct sunlight...no shimmer but plenty of shine.|
|Above: Applying Bonheur to the lips...this formula is a marvelous mix of cushiony hydration and gorgeous pigmentation.|
|Above: Bonheur (with a touch of Hourglass Eden as a liner) on the lips...the soft baby pink has just enough pigmentation to flush the lips.|
|Above: Swatches of all products in direct sunlight.|
|Above: Beauty + skincare last look.|
The images that follow reflect all products in action on the face...
|Above: All the reports from this season's New York Fashion Week support the fact that "unbrushed" hair is very on trend...I, for one, am wildly happy to embrace this movement!|
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope your week is off to a lovely start and that you enjoyed this spring style + beauty hybrid post. What is the weather like where YOU are?
Good things ahead including new product procurements, a sneak peek at the Space.NK GWP bag, an overview of my current Omorovicza routine and a recap of the Neiman Marcus Beverly Hills beauty floor opening.
--The Beauty Professor
** PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterik (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own.
© 2012-15 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.