|Above: Extra early access to the Nordstrom Anniversary sale = an extremely pictorial shopping guide.|
This year, Nordstrom offered Tier 4 Rewards Members unprecedented early access (one day in advance of the current early access!) to the spectacular Nordstrom Anniversary Sale which enabled me to leisurely peruse the spectrum of offerings (Mikayla in the TBD Dept. at Nordstrom Cerritos is incredible!) and promptly photograph everything I took home. My assistant Laura and I shot everything in my backyard in less than an hour (then, the sun went down); this rapid fire capture guarantees an authentic visual experience with each piece so you can ascertain color, fit and flow unmitigated by elaborate lighting and photo editing magic. Towards the end of the post, I have also listed my recommendations in other major categories as I couldn't fit everything into the fleeting moments of our late afternoon shoot!
To shop early access this minute, Nordstrom Rewards members (e.g., card holders) simply need to confirm their email and the last four digits of their card number...visit HERE to get started!
Kindly scroll on for a pictoral shopping guide, additional recommendations and the Bottom Line...
|Above: This silk Joie tank and Eileen Fisher skirt make for a classic pairing, no?|
(1) Joie Shara B Silk Print Top (worn in a size XS) and Eileen Fisher Knee Length A-Line Skirt (size XS)...together, this duo delivers a classic energy, reminiscent of films from the early 1960's. The tank top can be dressed up or down (as shown in #2) and I adore the fact that the skirt has pockets! Both will be unique pieces in my current wardrobe.
|Above: The Joie tank also takes a casual turn when matched with the delightfully flaired Love Story jeans.|
(2) Joie Shara B Silk Print Top and J Brand Love Story Jeans (worn in size 24)...the silk tank becomes casual when left partially untucked in these darling flared jeans, which, I might add, have made quite a comeback this season. This particular pair, which runs true to size, has just enough stretch to slim and shape while simultaneously feeling endlessly comfortable.
|Above: The delicate pink split back tank is chic and playful.|
(3) Topshop Milo Split Back Tank (worn in a size 6) and J Brand Love Story Jeans work together to craft a swingy vibe that is equal parts flirty and sophisticated. I love that I can wear both pieces just as easily in the summer as I can in early fall.
|Above: The brand new Laura Mercier Lip Parfaits in Amaretto Swirl and Pink Grapefruit...nude pink and pinky coral boxes beautifully checked.|
(4) I couldn't help but be lured by the siren song of a fresh lip color release from Laura Mercier...the decadently creamy and pigmented Lip Parfait formula yields intense hydration and major coverage in a single swipe. Needless to say, it was an easy decision to take home both the pinky nude Amaretto Swirl and the light coral Pink Grapefruit shade. So very beautiful and apropos for the summer months!
|Above: This swingy trapeze dress is a stunning shade of olive for easy neutral dressing.|
(5) This olive green Leith Crepe Trapeze dress (worn in a size small) was a steal at $38...it is swingy and fresh while still being long enough to comfortably function. I paired it with Donald Pliner booties (detailed below) but this could easily be taken up a notch with a pair of platforms or heels and a great coat...versatility at its best.
|Above: Donald Pliner Dalis booties are a marvelous blend of taupe, gray and black...chameleons, indeed.|
(6) Donald Pliner Dalis booties...I am smitten with everything about these boots. From the supple leather to the utilitarian color (is it gray? Taupe? Black? All three?), these embossed wonders (which are quite comfortable, I might add) have a side zipper for easy "put on and take off" and a glorious 2 1/2 inch heel for just the right amount of height. These are my first pair of Donald Pliners...beyond excited.
|Above: Camouflage + miniskirt = unexpected style.|
(7) Hinge Faux Suede A-Line Miniskirt, Honeydew Burnout French Terry Camouflage Sweatshirt and Donald Pliner Dalis booties...I am happy that all three of these pieces work well together but will probably be even more effective when combined with other wardobe staples. I have a weak spot for camouflage so the sweatshirt was a must and the skirt has pockets and a super soft sueded finish, adding to its unique flair.
|Above: These patched jeans have a relaxed fit that all but begs for a plaid companion.|
(8) Treasure & Bond Boyfriend Jeans (worn in size 24) and Free People Stich Detail Plaid Shirt...this is one of my favorite types of "default" outfits. The jeans are soft and well cut and this plaid shirt has gorgeously distinct detailing along the shoulders. Both will get plenty of wear together and apart!
|Above: This textured tunic is so unique...I am going to try wearing it with black skinny jeans next!|
(9) Trouve Textured Knit Tunic and Treasure & Bond Boyfriend Jeans worn with Donald Pliner Dalis booties...the tunic possesses remarkable length and a streamlined vibe that is classic yet modern; it is also absolutely befitting for work.
|Above: This teal sheath has creative cutouts near the shoulder area for an unexpected pop of style.|
(10) Topshop Shoulder Splice Ribbed Body Con Dress (worn in a size 6) and similar shoes by Vince HERE...equally excellent for a business meeting or business dinner, this sheath is body conscious while still being endlessly tasteful. The shoulder splice detail adds an intriguing element, making this dress undeniably unique in my wardrobe.
|Above: This camel coat is a steal at its pricepoint...I suspect it will sell out in a flash.|
(11) Topshop Long Belted Coat...having had excellent experience with Topshop coats in the past, I have been waiting for the line to release a coat like this. It is very reminiscent of the class Max Mara style and this fully-lined, well-executed version will be a staple for me, come the cooler months of autumn and winter.
|Above: The flare pants have an approximately 35 inch inseam and a super soft texture.|
(12) H.I.P Mixed Print Flare Leg Pants (worn in a size XS) and black tee with holes...the pieces in this casual lounging outfit were not an official part of the Anniversary Sale but the reasonable pricing made it well worth the splurge.
- Tom Ford Martina Retro Sunglasses
- MICHELE Cape Topaz Dial Watch
- Alexis Bittar Lucite Crescent Bib Necklace
- Halogen Oversized Cashmere Scarf
Men **Bought all three for my husband
- Nordstrom Smartcare Trim Fit Twill Dress Shirt
- Calibrate Trim Fit Non Iron Dress Shirt
- Hart Schaffner Marx New York Classic Wool Sports Coat
- Frye Jenna Cut Stud Moto Boots
- Dolce Vita Ohanna Over the Knee Boots
- Joie Quinn Sandals
- Freebird Banjo Booties
- Nike Internationalist Sneaker
Bottom Line: I hope you found this pictorial shopping guide helpful and would love to know what caught YOUR eye and what YOU end up procuring from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale! As aforementioned, here are some important dates to keep in mind:
- July 9th-16th: Nordstrom Rewards Members (card holders) get early access to the sale. Shop now for best size, color and style selection!
- July 17th-August 2nd: Public Access
xx and have a beautiful Thursday,
--The Beauty Professor
© 2012-15 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish contenth and/or photos without author's written permission.