Upon recent completion of a remodel, Space.NK South Coast Plaza had its grand reopening last weekend. Since this location is my "home store," I was delighted to have the opportunity to peruse the result of the update and indulge in a bit of shopping; brimming with skincare, haircare and beauty, the Space.NK continuously does a marvelous job of offering a seemingly endless array of options in a highly edited, sleek, fluid, open and streamlined space.
Kindly scroll on for a glimpse of the updated boutique, an overview of what I purchased a dash of late summer style...
|Skincare and haircare from Zelens (reviewed HERE), Oribe (reviewed HERE), OUAI, African Botanics (reviewed HERE), R+Co (reviewed HERE), Sunday Riley (reviewed HERE), Kat Burki (reviewed HERE), Sachajuan (reviewed HERE) and By Terry (reviewed HERE).|
|A forever favorite...By Terry (reviewed HERE and HERE).|
|For the lipstick purist, try Lipstick Queen (reviewed HERE and HERE).|
|A veritabe rainbow of Smith & Cult (reviewed HERE).|
|Hourglass central (reviewed HERE, HERE, and HERE).|
|Eve Lom (reviewed HERE and HERE) for a pefected complexion.|
|FOREO Play + Rodial Masks...#PlayatSpaceNK!|
|Skincare and haircare by Omorovicza (reviewed HERE), Philip B. (reviewed HERE), Mila Moursi (reviewed HERE) and Goldfaden MD (reviewed HERE).|
|By Terry goodness...my favorite gloss in this formula is Honeymoon Kiss (reviewed HERE). What's yours?|
|All shopped out.|
|Bright lights and friendly energy abound.|
As aforementioned, I had the chance to engage in a bit of shopping (many thanks to Space.NK for the giftcard!). I found myself gravitating towards a few brands that were new to me (Jin Soon, OUAI), while also pursuing products from tried, tested and true lines that I adore!
Here are my procurements as well as some current favorites that also happen to be available at Space.NK:
// SKINCARE + HAIRCARE //
- *Rodial Pink Diamond Lifting Face Mask: A mask that tightens, lifts and adds luminosity? yes please! Using another one again tonight because this week has been a long one.
- *Rodial Dragon's Blood Eye Masks: For times when a full night of sleep was nowhere near the reality, these crescent-shaped gems pamper the orbital region, offering intense hydration while masterfully reducing undereye puffiness.
- *Mila Moursi Neck Contouring Fluid (also available HERE): I've been using this fluid for months now--on my jawline, neck and décolleté--and am deeply impressed by how well it firms, lifts and tightens these delicate areas; the results are almost instantly noticeable. Everything I try from Mila Moursi is sublime...I guess that's why I persist in using it!
- *Kat Burki Intense Recovery Rose Hip Eye Serum: This natural skincare line continues to intrigue me with gentle formulas and one of the prettiest installments of green packaging I have seen to date (check out the hue of the bottle!). Employing the nourishing power of rose hips, this eye serum fights fine lines while restoring moisture and brightness.
- *FOREO Play: Adorable doesn't even begin to describe this miniature face tool; in a gorgeous goldenrod shade, this plucky disc uses vibration to free dirt and makeup from pores in seconds. Perfect for travel, it doesn't require a charger and lasts for 100 uses!
- OUAI Dry Shampoo: For days when washing isnt an option, dry shampoo is a lifesaver, no? This clear version from Celebrity Hair Stylist Jen Atkin's line features a light scent and immediately fresher and fuller hair.
- *GLOSS Moderne High Gloss Serum: The entire GLOSS Moderne line is pure luxury but the serum and the hair mask are my specific go-to's when my hair needs a bit of TLC. With a light coconut fragrance and premium, nourishing ingredients, this restrained collection of key products is perhaps the gold standard of haircare.
- Oribe Apres Beach Volume and Shine Spray (reviewed HERE): Always in my bag, this spray adds volume, texture and shine to hair with a few liberal sprays. My mom and I both adore it.
- OUAI Hair Oil: After my trip in the 110 degree desert (more on this forthcoming), my hair was in dire need of moisture and this formula is just the ticket. Packed with unique and natural oils, this blend smoothes flyaways and adds shine while helping with detangling and overall hair health...so beautiful.
// FACE, LIPS + TIPS //
- By Terry Eclat Opulent in #100 Warm Radiance: For years, I have heard murmurings about the transformative powers of this foundation of sorts and recently I realized that I've tried every base in the By Terry lineup with the exception of Eclat Opulent. Inspired by the moment (and your reader questions on the formula in the last year), I color matched myself to #100 Warm Radiance, which is apropos for N/NC 25-35 skin tones (there is color-adapting technology involved). The other shade choices--1 Natural Radiance and 10 Nude Radiance--suit light-medium neutral beige skin and light skin with yellow undertones, respectively, thereby making this formula an option for those of us in the light to medium spectrum (shades of all 3 below). That being said, this foundation was as satisfying as I expected. This skincare/foundation hybrid, targeted for more mature skin, can be applied lightly for a sheer effect (hello, good skin days) or, with a bit more gusto, can be built up to medium coverage should one desire. The natural satin finish is infinitely flattering and nearly HD in nature...once applied and blended, it is almost impossible to detect on the skin. Even in warm weather, I got 5-6 touch up free hours of weartime and my skin has a healthy glow while all the elements I wish to cover (e.g, dark spots, fine lines and unevenness) remain impressively concealed. Its price point definitely distinguishes it as a splurge, but the hype that has catapulted it to cult status is undeniably real...a stunning formula for those seeking subtle perfection with a no-makeup makeup outcome.
- Kevyn Aucoin Celestial Bronzing Veil in Tropical Days: A delicate ombre of warm bronze and tender champagne tones, this bronzer offers sculpting capabilities and a radiant glow in a single compact, I focus my brush on the lower area of the pan to add warmth and depth to my face and the sweep the upper part of the bronzer along the high points of my face for an ethereal glow that looks entirely natural. I picked this up on a whim and am so glad I did...it truly delivers.
- Lancer Volume Enhancing Lip Serum: Perennially intrigued with the concept of lip plumper, I jumped at the chance to try this volumizing formula from Lancer (already adore The Method Polish!). Silky and plush with a slightly minty tingle and a beautiful shine quotient, this treatment delivers noticable volume in a single application. Will keep testing it so I can report back with any long term observations.
- Kevyn Aucoin Expert Lip Color in Ariabelle: Not a new shade, but a new shade to me, how do I not already have this hue in my collection? Creamy baby pink with magnificent opacity, this hydrating lipstick lasts for 4-5 hours and bathes lips in a veil of rosy wonder that is sure to flatter a spectrum of skin tones.
- Jin Soon Auspicious Nail Polish: In a fresh, cool gray shade that applies sheerly (for a wash of color) or opaquely in 2-3 coats, this nail polish feels like a breath of fresh air. The rich shine and lasting power of the formula are bonuses as well!
|By Terry Eclat Opulent #100 Warm Beige.|
|Swatches of all 3 shades of the Eclat Opulent in direct sunlight.|
|Jin Soon Nail Polish in Auspicious.|
|Cheeks and lips, courtesy of Keyvn Aucoin.|
|Swatches of Tropical Days in direct sunlight.|
|Kevyn Aucoin Ariabelle.|
|Swatch of Ariabelle in direct sunlight.|
|I also integrated these two products into the look that follows: MAKE UP FOR EVER Pro Sculpting Face Palette in Medium Tones and NARS Hardwired Eyeshadow in Outer Limits (a delightfully shimmery orangey-rose gold).|
The following images reflect all products in action in afternoon sunlight...
// Style Details //
- Ragdoll LA Tee: I stopped by the Ragdoll LA store on 3rd street in LA earlier this week and was entranced by the sea of comfortable neutrals in vintage washed cotton. The tee shirts (which are ultra soft and run a touch big) instantly feel like home and the other separates (sweatshirts, shorts and even slipdresses) possess an effortless cool factor that will have you reaching for them constantly. This nude toned tee was an instant no brainer...can't wait to try other pieces from the brand in the coming days.
- Elizabeth & James Neri Kira Choker: Ever on the hunt for a solid choker, this cleverly segemented version caught my eye and, upon first fasten, hasn't left my neck for nearly a week. In 24k gold-plated with a weighty feel and neck caressing length, this necklace is well worth it!
- Black Leather Shorts: I picked mine up last season, but, in addition to the first link, here are two other similar pairs (on sale, no less!) HERE and HERE. They can be dressed up or down and are a sleek and unique alternative to skirts and jeans.
- MM6 Maison Martin Margiela Bronze Tennis Shoes: Just recently, my mom mentioned that she can't remember the last time she saw me in heels...that's probably due to the excessive wearing of my beloved Gucci Boots (worn earlier in the post) and these bronzed tennies by MM6. Both seamlessly punctuate an outfit without being conspicuous and they are comfortable, too. When I head back to the classroom to lecture at the end of the month and slip my toes into some high heels, my feet just won't know what to do!
--Shop the Style--
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this Space.NK, shopping and style spotlight and would love to hear about what some of your favorite products from the boutique are. If you are in the Southern CA area, make sure to swing by the South Coast Plaza location (in Bloomingdales) for a curated collection of epic proportions!
Good things ahead, including a travel feature, a Beauty Professor event annoucement (!!) and a host of new product procurements for fall...xx,
--The Beauty Professor
** PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-16 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.