|Above: Lipstick Queen Cupid's Bow Pencils are an utter delight.|
I've been reveling in the beauty that is the *Lipstick Queen Cupid's Bow Pencils (currently available at Space.NK and Barney's NY) ever since their release in late April. The pigmented and moisturizing formula, coupled with immense lasting power and a gorgeous, semi-matte finish are a welcome addition to the venerable Lipstick Queen line (also reviewed HERE, HERE and HERE).
Kindly scroll on for more details, swatches and images of all eight shades of Cupid's Bow in action as well as the Bottom line...
|Above: All eight shades...with a flash.|
As aforementioned, the Cupid's Bow formula is:
- Semi-matte, with a velvety and plush finish that makes lips look lush
- Hydrating, especially for a matte lip color...my perennially dry lips stay balanced and healthy over the duration of wear
- Pigment-rich but easy to wear...one coat yields medium coverage and full coverage is built by another swipe of the pencil
- Extremely long lasting...I get a good 6-8 hours of wear, particularly with the darker shades
- Absolutely impressive...I don't own another lipstick with this exact combination of characteristics!
Official details, courtesy of Space.NK:
|Above: Swatches of all eight shades in direct sunlight.|
- Golden Arrow is a tender nude peach of medium depth
- Nymph is a medium nude pink-meets-fleshy rose
- Eros is an electric, cool pink
- Daphne is a deep, rose-tinged red
- Metamorphoses is a bold orange-based coral
- Ovid is a rich berry red
- Desire is a classic neutral red
- Apollo is a decadent wine
|Above: Cupid's Bow coming at you...(wearing a combination of Golden Arrow and Nymph in this image).|
The following images feature all eight shades of Lipstick Queen Cupid's Bow in action...other key products worn include:
- Equipment Slim Signature Blouse in Nude
- *Napoleon Perdis Stick Foundation in Look #3 (reviewed HERE)
- Burberry Wet/Dry Glow Eyeshadow in Nude 002 (reviewed HERE)
- *Hourglass Ambient Lighting Bronzer in Luminous Bronze (reviewed HERE)
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal (reviewed HERE)
|Above: Golden Arrow.|
|Above: Golden Arrow.|
|Above: Rich pigment and a velvet texture...what's not to love?|
|Above: Last look.|
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: The *Lipstick Queen Cupid's Bow Pencils (currently available at Space.NK and Barney's NY) are truly superb in every way...wearable, face-brightening shades, pigment-rich, ultra-smooth texture, substantial lasting power and the uncanny ability to hydrate lips whilst looking semi-matte. Bravo, Cupid's Bow!
Which shade of Cupid's Bow catches YOUR eye?
Good things ahead, including a skincare update, a fresh FOTD, a May Favorites video and some new product procurements...
My schedule is insane this week as all my teaching responsibilities are coming to an end for the summer...thank you for your patience and understanding as I work my way through your lovely comments and emails ; )
--The Beauty Professor
** PR sample provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own.
© 2012-15 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.