Sometimes, a beauty product is executed with such elan that it is immediately integrated into one's routine; such is the case for the By Terry Sun Designer Palettes (currently available for pre-order at Space.NK and to be available at online at Barney's NY and Beautylish any day now). They only arrived on my doorstep yesterday and yet, a little over 24 hours later, I can hardly imagine life without them. Hyperbolic as that may sound, these palettes, each brimming over with six versatile, endlessly flattering face shades, are the absolute best of the venerable By Terry line; richly pigmented, velvety smooth and utterly effortless to apply, believe me when I say that your face has been waiting for them!
Kindly scroll on for more details, a host of swatches and images of the palettes in action as well as the Bottom Line...
Housed in a sleek compact with a breathtakingly beautiful, reflective deco-esque design, the palettes feature six shades of blush, highlighter, enhancer and bronzer, co-existing in a harmonious ziz zag pattern. Without question, these palettes are visually magnificent, and I am happy to report that their beauty is matched by their formulation and performance.
To start, the powders are finely-milled with lovely color-payoff. Each ziz-zag is reasonably wide enough for a brush to pick up a shade individually, though one with an adventurous spirit could also mix and swirl the tones to their heart's content. The shades are universally-flattering with varying degrees of intensity and diverse finishes (some are matte, some are shimmering and some feel a like a satiny combination of the two for a "best of both worlds" result). The powders blend easily, look natural and deliver a healthy luminosity to the face that lasts for hours on end without fading, pooling or migrating. Magnifique!
Both palette offerings are tremendously versatile and I envision myself continuing to use them separately and together through the spring and summer; having to choose just one would be torturous as they are equally sensational. Consequently, I implore you to give these trancendent palettes your attention.
As I type this, I've been up for nearly 19 hours and am facing a long teaching day tomorrow, so I shall take the pragmatic approach and let the following images of these palettes speak for themselves...
Official details courtesy of Space.NK:
- A raspberry pink blush
- A warm coral blush
- A cool baby pink-meets-lilac blush
- A velvety bone beige highighter (no obvious shimmer)
- A lush brown tan bronzer/contour
- A soft, light rosy tan bronzer/blush
|A closeup of the Tan Flash Cruise blush portion.|
|Swatches of Tan Flash Cruise in direct sunlight.|
|More swatches...the color payoff and consistency is remarkable, no?|
- A radiant, shimmering champagne bronze (my absolute favorite)
- A muted, light neutral pink blush tone (with impressive pigmentation)
- A subtle, shimmering beige for accent
- A matte bone beige highlighter
- A light, rosy tan enhancing shade
- A warm, medium tan bronzer/contour
|A closeup of the bronzer portion of Light Tan Vibes.|
|A closeup of the blush portion of Light Tan Vibes.|
|Swatches of Light Tan Vibes in dirct sunlight.|
|Additional swatches of 02 Light Tan Vibes in direct sunlight.|
|Both palettes...works of art with next-level face-enhancing capabilities.|
|By Terry and Surratt Beauty paradise.|
To complement the stunning nature of the By Terry Sun Designer Palettes, I combined them with some of my favorite springtime-inspired By Terry products including the:
- *By Terry Light-Expert Click Brush Foundation in #5 (reviewed HERE)
- *By Terry Colour Design Eyeshadow Palette (reviewed HERE): I focused on applying the two warmer shades on the right side of the bottom row and punctuated them with dash of the ultra violet shade, blended along my lower lash line.
- I used my *Surratt Beauty Artistique Sculpting Brush (reviewed HER)E to apply the tan shades from the By Terry Sun Designer Palette 02 Light Tan Vibes Palette as a gentle contour and a bit of the coral blush and highlighting shade from the By Terry Sun Designer 01 Tan Flash Cruise to the apples of my cheeks and along the high points of my face.
- By Terry Terrybly Shimmer Lipstick in Love Me Tender for a delicate and glowing apricot pout. The *By Terry Hyaluronic Sheer Nude Hydra-Balm in 02 Innocent Kiss (swatched and reviewed HERE) is very similar in tone and finish as well!
- By Terry Limited Edition Nail Lacquer in Goutte de Mercure (reviewed HERE)
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|The By Terry Terrybly Shimmer Lipstick in Love Me Tender.|
|A single coat of the By Terry Limited Edition Nail Lacquer in Goutte de Mercure; this polish is extremely versatile...I treat it like a neutral and it lasts forever on the nails...so chic!|
The following images reflect all products in action at the suprisingly sunlit end of a super rainy day...
- Spendid black turtleneck
- Equipment France Sloane Cashmere Sweater
- Rag & Bone Dre Boyfriend Jeans (also worn HERE and HERE)
- Sorel Joan of Arctic Waterproof Wedge Bootie (also available HERE and reviewed HERE)
- Rain poncho from Rain-Wave (currently unavailable but similar one HERE)
|Above: Last look.|
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this preview of the audaciously stunning By Terry Sun Designer Palettes (currently available for pre-order at Space.NK and to be available at online at Barney's NY and Beautylish any day now); I, for one, am truly blown away by their beauty, utility and ease of application and am confident that I will be reaching for either or both of these gems constantly in the coming months!
Also, until midnight tonight, Space.NK is having their EXPLORE PROMOTION...you'll receive
$20 off when you spend $100 online. Use code EXPLORE16 at checkout to take advantage of this deal and enjoy the splurge...it's a perfect time to try some By Terry.
Which By Terry Sun Designer Palette has caught YOUR eye? Do tell.
Good things ahead, including a fresh FOTD, a foundation-intensive, my take on the Pantone Colors of the Year and a recap of Neiman Marcus Project Beauty. So much to share on all fronts!
Have a marvelous mid-week...xx,
--The Beauty Professor
** PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-15 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission