In order to combat the Monday blues, I am excited to share the entire By Terry Sun Cruise Collection, now available at Beautylish! From dreamy palettes and pops of color to impressively waterproof eyeliners and lush bronze serums, this release is summertime incarnate.
Kindly scroll on for more details, swatches and images of the collection in action as well as the Bottom Line...
The undeniable focal point of the collection are the By Terry Sun Designer Palettes (comprehensively reviewed HERE). With a stunning harmony of matte and satin finish shades that work collectively as contour, bronzer, blush and highlighter, they are some of the most well-equipped palettes I have had the pleasure of experiencing!
Since procuring them last month, I have been wearing Light + Tan Vibes nonstop for a full face in seconds and know that Tan + Flash Cruise will be my go-to as my skin takes on a bit more summertime depth.
From the finely-milled powder to the gorgeous, ever so wearable tones, my only complaint is that these palettes are currently limited-edition...I implore you to pick one up before the sun sets on these radiant masterpieces!
|Swatches of both palettes in direct sunlight.|
The *By Terry Terrybly Densiliss Sun Glow is a fascinating formula. Brimming with skincare benefits (anti-wrinkle, blur-inducing and pore-perfecting...yes, please!) and an ultra-flattering bronze wash of color, this can be worn alone or mixed with/atop foundation for a natural warmth that makes skin look lit-from-within and naturally tan; the possibilities are endless. All of this is acheived, mind you, without the use of obvious shimmer or light-reflecting particles. The mind reels!
Sun Glow comes in 3 shades:
- 01 Sun Fair: A peachy tan, suitable for fair to light skin tones.
- 02 Sun Nude: A creamy light bronze, suitable for light to medium skin tones.
- 03 Sun Bronze: A deep tan bronze, suitable for medium to rich skin tones.
|I tested two shades of the Sun Glow formula.|
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|Swatches in sunlight with a flash.|
The *By Terry Line Designer is a summer dream come true; the precise felt tip of this liquid liner creates a perfect line time and again and the waterproof formula boasts immense lasting power. I tested this through a warm--dare I say it, positively sweaty--day and found that my winged line didn't flake, smudge or budge. The finish is slightly patent in nature and the color-payoff is remarkable.
This formula comes in five shades, three of which are swatched below:
- 01 Black Ink: A pure onyx black
- 02 Brown Glaze: A radiant khaki brown
- 03 Purple Line: A violet purple with blue duo chrome undertones (worn below)
- 04 Blue Fix: A royal indigo
- 05 Ocean Vibes: A bright sky-meets-Tiffany's blue
|Line Designer at play.|
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|Purple line on the upper lids. So luminous, no?|
Although this is technically a part of the Spring 2016 releases, I am thrilled to offer a close up of the *By Terry Ombre Blackstar in #17 Bubble Glow. A delicate baby pink pearl, this creamy shadow stick glides on and stays in place with indelible fortitude.
Many of you asked me how one might wear pink on the eyes and I am happy to report that is magnificent to brighten up the eyes, especially when blended along the lower lash line. Like all Ombre Blackstars, this shade has a smooth finish and marvelous color payoff...Bubble Glow is a delightfully wearable surprise.
|A swatch of Bubble Glow in direct sunlight.|
|Pink on the eyes...it can be done!|
|From L-R: #16 Rose Boom Boom, #17 Zest Shot and #18 Pink Up.|
The final component of the collection is the resplendent *By Terry Hyaluronic Sheer Rouge Hydra-Balm Fill + Plump Lipstick. Pigmented, shiny and, as the name might imply, tremendously hydrating, this lip color is the quintessential marriage of lip balm, lip gloss and lip stick (swatches of previous shades can be found HERE, HERE and HERE). This season, Terry has released three gems in jewel tones that have beautiful translucence and no shimmer:
- #16 Rose Boom Boom: A cool rosy fuchsia
- #17 Zest Shot: A medium orange (worn later in the post)
- #18 Pink Up: A neutral to warm medium pink
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|They make look similar in the tube, but each shade is unique with a distinct undertone.|
In the images that follow, I am wearing:
- By Terry Light Expert Click-Brush Foundation in Peach Beige (reviewed HERE): This foundation offers lovely medium coverage with a natural finish and is still a perfect match for my NC 25 skin.
- By Terry Terrybly Densiliss Sun Glow in 02 Nude Bronze: I blended a pump of this along my cheekbones and the perimeters of my face to create a natural tan effect.
- By Terry Sun Designer Palette (reviewed HERE): I used the darker and shimmery lighter shades in Light + Tan Vibes to bronze and highlight and the bright blush shades in Tan + Flash Cruise on the apples of my cheeks.
- By Terry Ombre Blackstar in #17 Bubble Glow: Applied along my lower lash line to brighten and define.
- By Terry Line Designer in 03 Purple Line: Swept along the upper lash line for a slightly winged eye with a dash of color.
- By Terry Terrybly Mascara in Parti-Pris (reviewed HERE): Two coats for darker, longer lashes.
- By Terry Hyaluronic Sheer Rouge Hydra-Balm Fill+ Plump Lipstick in #17 Zest Shot: The luminous orange felt like the perfect--almost neutral--offset to purple eyeliner, bronze skin and rosy cheeks.
- ASOS Fancy Rib Tank Top (also worn HERE)
- Levi's Chambray Overalls (also available at Macy's and Levi's): Ultra light-weight and comfortable, I will be reaching for this breezy pair of overalls all spring and summer.
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope you were uplifted by the inherent beauty of the By Terry Sun Cruise Collection; as aforementioned, everything in the collection is blissfully wearable, making it adventurous yet completely classic.
What has caught YOUR eye from the By Terry Sun Cruise Collection? Do tell!
Good things ahead, including a comprehensive review of the Disney Minnie Beauty by Sephora Collection, a swatch-heavy Tom Ford Soleil Collection overview and a brand new foundation release!
May your week be full of blessings, productivity and gratitude...xx,
--The Beauty Professor
** PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-15 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.