|Above: Products for my lakeside FOTD!|
Last week, I mentioned that I was going to be in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho for a few days and, incidentally, that is the location from which I am writing this post! We have encountered incredibly gorgeous weather...low 90's and a breeze accompanied by cooler evenings, early sunrises and late sunsets. So beautiful! Today, I am excited to share a FOTD, featuring products I've been using daily since arriving on Friday. They are versatile, neutral and hold up well in bright sunshine and intense heat!
Kindly scroll on for more details, swatches and images of the products in action as well as the Bottom Line...
For the casual outdoor environment and plentiful sunshine, I've been opting for a slightly bronzed and glowy look (why deviate from the norm?), focusing on translucent and creamy products that stay in place all day!
- *Mila Moursi pH Balancing Toner (reviewed HERE and also available at Barney's NY)
- *Mila Moursi Dual Action Serum (reviewed HERE and also available at Barney's NY)
- Le Metier de Beaute Peau Vierge #2 (reviewed HERE)
- *Napoleon Perdis Auto Pilot Primer (reviewed HERE)
- *Napoleon Perdis Foundation Stick Look #3 (reviewed HERE) mixed with *Viseart T.I.Q. Cream Foundation (mentioned HERE) and buffed on with a damp Beauty Blender
- A touch of the Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage Concealer in SC-3 (my favorite heavy duty dark spot concealer for well over a decade...swatched and reviewed HERE) to cover a dark spot
- Clé de Peau Beauté Concealer in Beige (swatched and reviewed HERE) buffed under the eyes with my *Jenny Patinkin Multi-Blender Brush (reviewed HERE)
- *Hourglass Ambient Bronzer in Luminous Bronze (reviewed HERE) applied with the my ultra-soft *Chikuhodo GSN 04 Brush (reviewed HERE) to sculpt and bronze
- *La Prairie Cellular Cream Blush in Peach Glow (reviewed HERE) on apples of cheeks
- A touch of the Napoleon Perdis Light Switch Luminizer Palette (reviewed HERE) to illuminate the high points of the face
- *Surratt Beauty Eye Brow Pencil in Brunette (reviewed HERE and also available at Barney's NY)
- A mixture of all four shades from the gloriously neutral *MustaeV Nude Eyeshadow Quad (line previously reviewed HERE and swatches below) blended to the brow bone
- Two coats of Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara (reviewed HERE)
- For hair, I mixed three drops of the *Verb Ghost Oil (also available at www.verbproducts.com) into my tangled locks to create a smooth and shiny finish that took the place of conditioning the night before!
- For lips, I lightly lined with the Marc Jacobs P(Outliner) in Honeybun (reviewed HERE) and followed with a layer of Gucci Audacious Lipstick in Whisper (cannot get enough of this lately...reviewed HERE), topped with Chanel Rouge de Chanel in Olga (reviewed HERE) for a lilac-tinged pink nude that lasts endlessly
- I set the makeup look with the brand new *Koh Gen Do Silky Moist Foundation Powder in #123 (an exact match for my NC 25 skin)...this powder is incredible; good coverage, keeps oil at bay, looks like nothing on the skin, yet perfects everything you want it to. Full review soon!
- Finally, I covered my arms and legs with a few pumps of the *Lise Watier Bronze & Lumieres (part of the new Summer 2015 Collection) for a rose-gold glow that instantly enhances one's natural color.
|Above: Mahogany boat ride for the a stunning cheek duo...La Prairie Cellular Cream Blush in Peach Glow + Hourglass Ambient Bronzer in Luminous Bronze.|
|Above: The Lise Watier Bronze & Lumieres creates a soft, rose gold glow on my limbs, making them much more sunkissed looking than they really are...divine!|
|Above: The MustaeV Quad...a perfect combination of warm neutrals that are pigmented, silky and do not crease!|
|Above: Swatches of the MustaeV Eyeshadow Palette in direct sunlight.|
|Above: A picture of our massive balcony...I've been using it to shoot a host of future posts for Beauty Professor ; )|
The following images reflect the products in action in various lighting situations...
|Above: Direct sunlight, with a flash.|
|Above: Sunlight, no flash.|
|Above: Outdoor shade, with a flash...*Links of London Effervescence Bracelet (with silver sphere) is new!|
|Above: Mixed outdoor lighting.|
|Above: Outdoor shade.|
|Above: Last look.|
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope that you enjoyed this first FOTD of June and that your week is off to a lovely start! What are some of YOUR favorite products for the start of the warm season?
Good things ahead, including my skincare routine Round II, another FOTD, a Top Shop feature and some new product procurements!
Also, working my way through your wonderful emails and comments...thanks for your patience as I travel ; )
--The Beauty Professor
** PR sample provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own.
© 2012-15 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.