|Above: A rose gold 90's nude lip at the golden hour.|
Over the course of the last few months, I have heard much talk of the resurgence of the 90's. Having been of age during that decade to remember it as if it were yesterday (yikes), I have found myself pondering whether the 1990's occurred long enough ago to even be a worthy candidate for homage. Regardless of what I may think about the relative passage of time, the deep, rosy nudes of supermodel era (Christy! Naomi! Cindy!) seem to be making a reappearance on every magazine cover and said market saturation has inspired me to offer my own take on the 90's nude lip, this time in the form of the coppery beige Clé de Peau Beauté Extra Rich lipstick in V309, an undeniable gem.
Kindly scroll on for more details, swatches and images of my 90's nude lip in action as well as the Bottom Line...
|Above: Products employed in this FOTD.|
- *SK-II Facial Treatment Essence...reviewed HERE
- Le Metier de Beaute Peau Vierge #2...reviewed HERE
- *By Terry Densiliss Primer...reviewed HERE
- Tom Ford Traceless Perfecting Foundation (reviewed HERE and HERE) in a 3:1 ratio of Fawn and Natural
- *Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation Illuminator in Beige...reviewed HERE
- By Terry Densiliss Concealer #3...reviewed HERE
- *Le Metier de Beaute Cheeky Chic Kaleidoscope...Ondine as a contour, Velvet Underground on Apples of Cheeks and Electra as a highlighter. This is one of the most versatile, endlessly wearable collections of face powders I have encountered in a very long time. It possesses everything one needs for a subtly contoured, flushed and illuminated face...invaluable! I am seriously contemplating a backup...it is that good. More details below!
- Giorgio Armani Eye and Brow Maestro #4...reviewed HERE
- *Clé de Peau Beauté Eye Color Quad in #303 Baby Universe...reviewed HERE
- Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara...this mascara was a drugstore whim and I am pleasantly surprised. It builds length and volume in two coats and doesn't budge until removed (a impressive feat in light of my currently allergy ridden eyes). I love how dark and rich it makes my lashes look...definitely worth a try for under $10.
- Surratt Beauty Relevee Eye Lash Curler...truly the best of the best for a wide-opened look, in my opinion! Reviewed HERE
- Clé de Peau Beauté Extra Rich Lipstick in V309 ...the quintessential 90's nude beige. This copper neutral leans slightly warm and has a moisturizing satin finish for formidable wear time. Its rose gold-meets-beige is much darker than I normally wear but I absolutely love the effect.
|Above: Swatches of all products (from my classroom window).|
|Above: My newly-procured Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara...stunningly good.|
|Above: It has a curved brush that deposits lots of dark pigment for super lush, long lashes.|
|Above: The star of the post...Clé de Peau Beauté Extra Rich Lipstick in V309 for the quintessential update on the 1990's nude lip.|
|Above: The subtle satin finish gives lips dimension and gleam.|
|Above: A swatch of V309 in outdoor lighting.|
|Above: Behold the cheek sculpting wonders of the Le Metier de Beaute Cheeky Chic Kaleidoscope...I love this product more with each passing day.|
More LMdB Cheeky Chic details, courtesy of NEIMAN MARCUS:
The ultra-chic, Cheeky Chic Collection is the blush collection that you've been waiting for. The precisely curated hues and textures are the most flattering and beautiful of their kind. The pink shades are not disrupted by any brown or orange undertone, but are built upon a primed base of pure white to lay on the skin with brightness and clarity.
The nude matte is softly neutral, and perfect for more subtle looks. The final tier contains a perfected golden luminizer that is versatile enough to enhance the natural glow of any skin tone. Wear the shades one at a time, or blend selected hues together to create your signature look. Cheeky Chic! (so huggable)!
|Above: Four layers of highlighting, contouring and pop of color power.|
|Above: Swatches of Cheeky Chic in direct sunlight.|
The following images reflect all products in action in various lighting situations...these images were taken after a 7 hour teaching day, thereby demonstrating the products' stalwart lasting power!
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this, dare I say it, homage to the deep nude lips of the 1990's; thank goodness for the lovely wearability of Clé de Peau Beauté Extra Rich Lipstick in V309!
What nudes are YOU loving at the moment?
Good things ahead, including new products procurements, a fresh video and a skincare update; I am also continually in the midst of responding to your precious emails and comments!
xx and hope your week is going well,
--The Beauty Professor
** Some PR samples provided for review (denotated by an asterik...the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own.
© 2012-14 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.