|Above: My "Everyday Festival" look.|
Hello, lovelies! I am excited to share the first of many planned "Style Shorts," featuring a fashion + beauty look I love that, in most cases, effortlessly transitions from one situation to another. In this brief video, I've teamed up with Nasty Gal to showcase my take on the concept of the "Everyday Festival." In other words, clothing, footwear and beauty that can be worn at a festival just as reasonably as out to dinner on the weekend. I adore versatility!
Kindly scroll on for the video, additional details, swatches and images as well as the Bottom Line...
**Filmed by Seth Wegter
**Music: "Slow Shock" by Silent Partner
(1) *MAKE Cosmetics Solstice Bronzer: This multicolored mosaic bronzer is velvety smooth and imparts a warm, light tan glow that is radiant without the slightest glint of glitter. In the video, I applied it as a light contour and bronzer. Visit HERE for my full review of the MAKE foundation and lipstick!
(2) *MAKE Cosmetics Matte Finish Blush in Nude Sand: This uber-neutral shade has just enough peachy pink to liven up the face without competing with a bold lip. Although it is "matte," the silky texture becomes one with the face and offers a beautiful skin-finish.
(3) *MAKE Cosmetics Matte Finish Eyeshadow in Khaki: Much darker than a traditional khaki green, this rich sable brown glides on sheer and can be built to full opacity with a bit of blending. Even though it is matte, there is no powdery finish or particle fallout, just smooth, even lids with gorgeous neutral depth.
(4) *Lime Crime Velvetine Liquid Lipstick in Riot: I am new to this particular formula in the Lime Crime family (visit HERE for my review of LC Babette) and am impressed by how pigmented this liquid lipstick is. Truly a little goes a very long way and the shade Riot is a deep rosy nude that all at once looks classic and modern. It dries down to a nearly matte finish but my lips don't feel dry or uncomfortable...also, this formula works very well as a base stain with a lighter lipstick (like Tom Ford Nude Vanille, reviewed HERE) or under a shimmery gloss for additional versatility.
(5) *Nasty Gal Stop Short Cutout Dress (runs true to size...worn in size small): An interesting take on the little black dress, this high-necked, low back gem has long sleeves and slightly flouncy short skirt. I have a penchant for backless numbers and this dress does not disappoint in that department...the tie neck looks graceful when hair is pulled up and the timeless cut makes this dress one that can be worn again and again!
(6) *Nasty Gal Fox Fire Leather Boot (runs true to size...worn in size 7): Also featured HERE, these soft leather black boots have a slightly western flair that allows them to effortlessly be dressed up or down. The 1 1/2 inch heel is perfect for a touch of lift and lots of comfort and the sale price cannot be beat for the overall quality of these booties! I cannot wait to pair them with cutoffs and jeans and will be taking them out of town with me later on this week.
|Above (from L-R): MAKE Cosmetics Matte Finish Eyeshadow in Khaki, MAKE Cosmetics Matte Finish Blush in Nude Sand and MAKE Cosmetics Solstice Bronzer.|
|Above: MAKE + Lime Crime, resplendent in the sunshine.|
|Above: Lime Crime Velvetine Liquid Lipstick in Riot is a full coverage dark rosy nude that dries down to a nearly matte finish that acts as a long-lasting stain.|
|Above: Swatches of all four featured products in direct sunlight.|
|Above: A closeup of the MAKE Cosmetics Solstice Bronzer.|
The following images reflect the products in action in various lighting situations...
|Above: Last look.|
Bottom Line: Thank you so much for watching...I hope you enjoyed this video and would love to hear what you think of this new addition to the Beauty Professor library! I cannot say enough good things about the MAKE Cosmetics Matte Finish Blush in Nude Sand (which has had a permanent place in my makeup bag as of late) and the super-comfy Fox Fire Leather Boots are currently on sale if you've been in the market for a versatile bootie to dress up or down.
Good things ahead including a May 2015 Favorites video (currently in the works and slated to go live in the next few days), a skincare routine update, fresh lip color and new product procurements ; )
Finally, I'm heading to Coeur d'Alene, Idaho in a few days...any sightseeing or shopping destination recommendations?
--The Beauty Professor
Disclosure: PR sample provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own.
© 2012-15 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission