As I am sure you are well aware, October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, and while I feel like it's essential to recognize this important cause during its designated time (check out my first BCA post of the month HERE), I also believe that the scope of the disease and all whom it affects should have us mindful of finding a cure year round!
That being said, this post is dedicated to a round of pink-inspired products--some a part of the BCA movement and some not--to consider in the days to come. I am also excited to share an update on breast cancer survivor, Stephanie Seban (originally interviewed last year HERE).
Kindly scroll on for the interview, product details + swatches and images of the products in action as well as the Bottom Line...
Stephanie Seban, October 2016:
"After the Neiman Marcus and LeMetier launch of the “Stephanie” Kalidescope last October, I became sick with high fevers and a cough which resulted in me being in and out of the ER. As a result I wasn’t able to finish the Neiman’s launch events which was very upsetting. I wasn’t quite sure what to attribute the illness to but I certainly didn’t think it was related to cancer. Unfortunately I was wrong.
PET scan results indicated that the cancer had spread into my lungs and the cough and sudden illness were both symptoms. I had several procedures done to allow for me to breathe, and I started a new treatment regimen. As one could imagine, this was a very difficult and uncertain time for me. I had days of fear and despair but I chose to continue believing that this too would pass. I totally believe that the body achieves what the mind believes, if one TRULY believes. I sat in trust that my miracle was going to take place, and so it did.
Doctors told me it would be months before I would see improvement but within a month, my condition began to improve. The fluid began to subside and I slowly began feeling like myself again. I could breath normally, my color started to return and I started to have more energy.
The treatment, integrative therapies and above all faith, was healing me at an accelerated rate. By January of this year, my lungs had started to resolve and at each appointment thereafter, I received better and better news. So much so that I am currently in the best place physically that I have been in for the 5 years that I have been fighting this disease. I am so blessed. Every morning I wake up with a spirit of gratitude. Even in your darkest moments, there are opportunities for growth. I have learned to take nothing for granted and to love and honor my body for everything it has supported me through.
In addition, I am currently awaiting approval for a mastectomy and reconstructive surgery which is also another blessing. This time last year, this wasn’t a foreseen possibility as the cancer was so widespread. However, the vast improvement from then to now has made the once “impossible” possible. Hopefully by this time next year I will be able to have my once compromised breast looking “normal” again. Fingers crossed. Lookout Summer 2017 :)
Last October, I started a site to provide support for young women battling cancer (or any health issue) and to shed light on the fact that breast cancer doesn't just affect women later in life. There are countless young women who are being diagnosed and we need to be both aware and educated. My struggle with my health prevented me from writing for a while but due to my total turnaround, I relaunched my site this month to continue my mission to educate and provide community for young survivors and thrivers and to be an example that you can continue living, and feel empowered, no matter what circumstances life presents you with."
Check out Stephanie's recently updated and relaunched website HERE!
|Shades of pink...all year round.|
// THE PRODUCTS //
|For the hair, skin and home.|
// HAIR, SKIN + HOME //
- *Antica Farmacista Damascena Rose, Orris & Oud Ambient Home Diffuser & Body Moisturizer: Infused with an intoxicating combination of rich rose and earthy oud, these scents for home and body are glorious companions for the cooler weather ahead. Also, during the month of October Antica Farmacista will donate 100% of the proceeds of this particular fragrance to Stand Up 2 Cancer, in honor of the brand's co-founder Susanne, who is a breast cancer survivor. Amazing!
- *Rene Furterer Lumicia Enhancing Shine Rinse: I love spraying this weightless rinse onto my hair following a shampoo and conditioner session and appreciate how well it detangles and adds shine.
- *PIXI Rose Oil Blend: This aromatic wonder offers instant hydration and can be mixed into foundation for an added element of incandescence.
- *Sisley-Paris Radiant Glow Express Mask: Soothing and hydrating, this luxurious mask masterfully brightens my skin when it's feeling extra fatigue.
// COMPLEXION // Glowing skin perfectors that create an even and luminous canvas.
- *Dior Capture Total Dreamskin Perfect Skin Cushion SPF 50 in 030: This skincare and light base hybrid smoothes and evens skin tone while providing impressive SPF 50 protection. More detailed review to come!
- *Natasha Denona Face Glow Foundation #30 (reviewed HERE): Glowing with medium coverage, I adore this foundation's ability to perfect skin while still looking entirely natural.
- *Chantecaille Cheek Gelee Hydrating Gel-Creme Blush in Happy (reviewed HERE): Blended on the apples of the cheeks, this baby pink blush stain lasts all day and looks divine on a variety of skin tones.
- *Tom Ford Shimmer Shot in Spin Spin Sugar (reviewed HERE): I am in love with this liquid illuminator and especially enjoy mixing it into matte foundation formulas for additional yet undetectable dimension. Worn atop foundation, this illuminator looks sensational on the high points of the face.
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|Eye + Cheek Palettes.|
// EYE + CHEEK PALETTES // Color-saturated with a gossamer finish, I rounded up my favorite powders that effortlessly lend a rosy pink hue to eyes and cheeks...comprehensive reviews and swatches of each are linked.
- *Laura Mercier Baked Blush Illumine (reviewed HERE): Incandescent baby pink for a blush and highlighter hybrid effect.
- Gucci Magnetic Eyeshadow Quad in Pink Flamingo (reviewed HERE): Bold pink and rose gold tones blend together for a fresh take on a pink eye.
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit in Surreal Light (reviewed HERE): With bronzer (used below), blush, highlighter and finishing powder capabilities, this palette seems to do it all with ease.
- *Kevyn Aucoin Bloodroses Eyeshadow Palette (reviewed HERE): One of my most reached for palettes so far this season, the rich rose tones blend together for a daytime appropriate look that can be intensified for more drama by the time evening arrives.
- *Sisley-Paris L'Orchidee Rose Highlighting Blush (reviewed HERE): Pale pink and decadently subtle, this blush and highlighter duo works well to brighten the visage.
- *Surratt Beauty Artistique Blush in Barbe A Papa + Cherubique (reviewed HERE): Barbe A Papa is, hands down, my favorite pink blush...it's like cotton candy for the cheeks...the balance between pigment and luminosity is unparalleled. Try it and you'll see what I mean.
// EYES DETAILS // Tiny flourishes can make the biggest difference...especially on the windows to the soul.
- *vegaLASH: This all natural, vegan and cruelty-free lash serum works to visibly increase the length and volume of eyelashes in as little as 15 days. The gentle yet effective formula is compatible with even the most sensitive of eyes (like mine) and the chemical-free ingredients offer peace of mind during the process. Additionally, during the month of October, vegaLash will take $2 from every product sold and donate it to breast cancer research!
- *Rouge Bunny Rouge Brightening Liner Duo: This dual-sided eyeliner offers two tender flesh-toned shades in matte and satin finishes designed to brighten up the inner areas of the eyes for a rested, wide-eyed effect. Simply brilliant. As a special thank you to Beauty Professor readers, use the code: BEAUTYPROFESSOR20 to get 20% off all of your orders at the Rouge Bunny Rouge Online Boutique.
|Swatches of *Rouge Bunny Rouge Eyes Wide Open.|
|A pink for everyone.|
// LIPS // A lively spectrum of pinks in various tones and finishes...it's my personal belief that there is a pink for everyone, indeed!
- *Clé de Peau Beauté Radiant Rouge Lip Lacquer in #13 Sequin (also available at CdPB and reviewed HERE): Apricot pink and opulently divine, this stain, gloss and liquid lipstick hybrid is innovative and universally flattering.
- *Heimish Dailism Mineral Lipstick in Lovely Day: The stunning pigmentation and unique medium pink tone sets this Korean lipstick apart.
- *Le Metier de Beaute Lip Creme in Breathe: This brand new release features a luminous light pink with a satin finish...fragrance free and decidedly nonsticky, this is the gloss of the future.
- Giorgio Armani Lip Maestro Lipstain in Drama Nude and Shocking Pink (reviewed HERE): One of my favorite combinations for a bold light pink lip, this weightless, mousse-like formula offers major opacity, lasting power and hydration. So good.
- *Diorific Matte Fluid in 01 Pleasure: Fresh for Holiday 2016, this matte liquid lip color
- Stila Stay All Day Matte'Ificent Lipstick in Papillon (reviewed HERE): This creamy matte formula is warm nude-toned pink with insane color payoff and a lovely "my lips but better" effect.
- *Charlotte Tilbury Hot Lips in Liv It Up (reviewed HERE): Perhaps my favorite shade from the Hot Lips collection, this cream, slightly cool-toned pink offers beautiful full coverage.
- *Kaplan MD Lip 20 Treatment in Candy Sparkle: Sheer yet pigmented, this volumizing formula intensely moisturizes and plumps lips for fullness and beautiful shine.
|Swatches in order of list above in direct sunlight.|
The following images reflect key products in action, specifically:
- *Dior Capture Total Dreamskin Perfect Skin Cushion SPF 50 in 030
- *Natasha Denona Face Glow Foundation #30 (reviewed HERE)
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit in Surreal Light (reviewed HERE)
- *Surratt Beauty Artistique Blush in Barbe A Papa (reviewed HERE)
- *Rouge Bunny Rouge Brightening Liner Duo
- *Kevyn Aucoin Bloodroses Eyeshadow Palette (reviewed HERE)
- Giorgio Armani Lip Maestro Lipstain in Drama Nude and Shocking Pink (reviewed HERE)
- Vintage Cartier Scarf (use code FALLFAVES for 20% off!)
- Sweater by Joie
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this Breast Cancer Awareness spotlight and would love to hear about which products caught your eye. I hope you join me and Stephanie in making every month one in which we are mindful of the struggles and triumphs for those dealing with breast cancer.
Don't forget to swing by Stephanie Seban's inspiring site and drop her a comment or two...you'll be glad you did!
Good things ahead, including a video tutorial, a skincare spotlight and a host of new product procurements...xx,
--The Beauty Professor
**PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-16 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.