|Introducing Chanel No.5 L'Eau.|
Classic, modern and fresh, *Chanel No.5 L'Eau has officially launched and is exclusively available at Chanel. This updated take on a timeless icon is destined to capture a new audience of fragrance-philes seeking a new experience with a
|Vintage Chanel ring options HERE.|
In my experience, it feels like a slightly lighter, more contemporary version of Chanel No.5 while still possessing the same potent sillage and lasting power of the original. Weightless and uplifting, the icy adelhyde notes are still unmistakably present, this time anchored by a layer of warm musk, making it the ultimate skin scent with an unexpected floral twist.
While I have great respect for the legacy of the original Chanel No.5, *Chanel No. 5 L'Eau better resonates with my personal scent preferences and, consequently I find it infinitely more wearable!
Official details, courtesy of Chanel:
A modern, fresh and vibrant embodiment of the now and forever scent. Timeless and audacious, simple and sophisticated. N°5 L’EAU is the N°5 of today.
Composed by Chanel perfumer Olivier Polge, N°5 L’EAU features dynamic, crisp top notes of Lemon, Mandarin and Orange that reveal lightheartedness and transparency. The emblematic heart of the bouquet unfolds with Rose, Jasmine and a new fraction of Ylang Ylang, more modern than ever. Behind this floral whirlwind lies an unprecedented sense of liveliness: the vibrant echo of Cedar, accompanied by soft and cottony Musk notes.
Art of Perfuming
The Eau de Toilette comes in a spray for more generous use, with easy application on skin or clothing.
The Classic Bottle features a new continuous misting spray, while the beveled glass appears crystal clear like pure water — an expression of simplicity and elegance.
Now that you have met the glorious *Chanel No.5 L'Eau, it's time for an introduction to ten other recent beauty and skin care and hair care launches that are sure to captivate:
|Shiseido Rouge Rouge in Hushed Tones, Sweet Desire and Rose Crush.|
(1) *Shiseido Rouge Rouge (also available at Sephora and Saks): I haven't tried lipstick from Shiseido in a great while, but this lip color was a great re-introduction to the line. Highly moisturizing with sensational full coverage, this range is an homage to the concept of a "red for everyone," even if that red skews a bit toward the nude pink side (as I much prefer!). I was able to try three shades:
- RD713 Hushed Tones: A perfect pinky nude (worn in the images at the end of this post) that mutes the lips without washing out the face.
- RD714 Sweet Desire: A peach-meets rose nude that will be effortlessly flattering for medium skintones.
- RD 715 Rose Crush: A deeper warm rose nude with luscious color payoff.
All in all, I am incredibly impressed with this Shiseido launch and can't wait to try some other shades in the collection...truly exceptional.
Rouge Rouge Lipstick envelops lips in vibrant red color, lasting luster, and rich moisture. Vibrant Red Color Technology works in five different ways to deliver 16 of the most flattering red shades that will last. Each of them are intense and unforgettable, with a red for everyone. The hydrating formula delivers rich moisture for smoother, more shapely-looking lips.
Ingredients: Diisostearyl Malate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Diphenylsiloxy Phenyl Trimethicone, Phytosteryl/Octyldodecyl Lauroyl Glutamate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Polyethylene, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Triisostearin, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax (Candelilla Cera), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Glyceryl Diisostearate, Trimethylolpropane Triethylhexanoate, Mica, Red 7 (Ci 15850), Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), Red 6 (Ci 15850), Silica, Methicone, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Peg/Ppg-36/41 Dimethyl Ether, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Aluminum Hydroxide, Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Sodium Magnesium Silicate, Tetradecene, Tocopherol, Polysilicone-2, Calcium Stearate, Nylon-12,Glycerin, Simethicone, Blue 1 (Ci 42090), Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate, Red 27 (Ci 45410), Hydrated Silica, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate, Bht, Tin Oxide, [+/-(May Contain) Red 21 (Ci 45380), Yellow 5 (Ci 19140), Orange 5 (Ci 45370)].
|The embossed bullet adds a new dimension of chic.|
|*Lipstick Queen Black Lace Rabbit.|
(2) *Lipstick Queen Black Lace Rabbit: This potentially daunting black shade applies delightfully sheer for a smoky lip effect that is equal parts deep and shiny. Worn alone and my natural lip color turns a muted deep mauve; applied over another lip color and the existing shade becomes darker and shinier with a smoky sheen. Many early reviews of Black Lace Rabbit report that it has the ability to extend one's lip wardrobe; drawers of "not quite right" lipsticks suddenly take on the perfect hue with with a single coat of this glossy black wonder. Lipstick Queen's love affair with beauty alchemy continues with the Black Lace Rabbit release!
Official details, courtesy of Space NK:
|Golden flecks add a glimmering sheen.|
(3) *Kevyn Aucoin Bloodroses Essential Eyeshadow Set (also available at Barney's NY): In a word, this palette is breathtaking. I have grown quite fond of rosy eyeshadow over the past couple of years and this latest release from Kevyn Aucoin has further fueled my affinity. With five coordinating shades that mimic the exceptional tonal effect of the blood rose, this palette can take eyes from a subtle daytime neutral look to a smoldering rush of burgundy decadence in four seconds flat.
- Pale matte ivory pink
- Shimmering neutral taupe
- Soft warm pink with satin finish
- Rich burgundy rose with a satin finish...possessing insane color payoff, this super unique--in and of itself--makes this palette entirely worth it.
- Burgundy brown with a satin finish
The shadows are finely milled and wear well for hours without fallout or creasing; I am utterly enamored with this palette and implore those who prefer warm rosy tones on the eyes to give this a try!
Official details, courtesy of Neiman Marcus:
WHAT IT IS
WHY WE LOVE IT
THINGS TO KNOW
(4) *Surratt Beauty Surreal Real Skin Foundation #9 (swatches of all shades and also available at Space.NK): Comprehensively swatched and reviewed HERE, this foundation recently won an Allure Beauty Award and I completely concur with its many accolades. With buildable coverage (from sheer, all the way to nearly full) and a completely natural skin finish, this foundation becomes one with the skin in seconds, creating a flexible, long lasting finish that performs at a high-definition level (while being practically waterproof, I might add) that further demonstrates why it is deserving of all of its praise and more. #9 is still a match for my NC 25 olive-toned skin and I recently purchased a backup as--even with a vast foundation rotation--I do not want to be without this. Ever.
|For bouncy hair and a balance scalp...*Christophe Robin Purifying Shampoo.|
(5) *Christophe Robin Purifying Shampoo: Exemplary ingredients and a capacity for clarifying make this luxury shampoo well worth the investment. When my hair has been overloaded with product (even the best conditioners can make roots limp and weighed down), this shampoo liberates my locks, leaving them with more volume and life in a single washing. Although I do not battle with dandruff (so I cannot speak to its claims regarding that particular condition), I have found this shampoo to completely banish the level of oil my hair gets on day two (post-washing), which, up to this point, has been unheard of in my life. In turn, I will be rotating this shampoo into my routine weekly!
A gentle, rebalancing and soothing shampoo for oily roots and dry ends.
- Soothes the scalp
- Eliminates dandruff
- Reduces excess oil
Recommended for natural and color-treated hair, Purifying Shampoo regulates excess sebum to rebalance the scalp—calming itchiness, irritation, and tingling for a sensation of freshness and softness. It effectively eliminates dandruff during the treatment and after, with results up to 72 hours after use. The light, translucent formula is enriched with jujube bark extract to soothe and cherry blossom extract to moisturize. When used daily, this treatment reduces sebum secretions, visibly removes dandruff, and calms for hair that’s clean and incredibly shiny.
This product is vegan and SLS-free.
In a clinical test of 40 participants, after 2 weeks of use:
- 85% of subjects notice an increase of scalp comfort
- 80% of subjects notice a genuine reduction in dandruff
- 75% of subjects notice a soothing effect, considerably less itching, and a return to a more balanced scalp
Ingredients: Water, Sodium Myreth Sulfate, Peg-18 Glyceryl Oleate/ Cocoate, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Peg-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Glycerin, Propanediol, Parfum (Fragrance), Polysorbate 20, Citric Acid, Polyquaternium-10, Zizyphus Joazeiro Bark Extract, Prunus Serrulata Flower Extract, Disodium Edta, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Acetate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Citronellol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional.
|Power pair for day and night.|
(6) *Giorgio Armani Prima Refreshing Make-Up Fix: Launching soon, this mist locks make-up in place for hours, even in adverse weather conditions like heat and humidity while revitalizing skin after a long day. Utilizing the skincare benefits of the venerable Giorgio Armani Prima line, this just may be the gold standard of makeup setting spray...keep an eye out for its release.
(7) *AERIN Rose Night Table Cream & Overnight Mask (also available at Neiman Marcus): Next-level luxury in a translucent pink and gold jar, this night cream looks equally beautiful on one's nightstand as it does on one's skin. With an intoxicatingly calming rose scent and a plushly hydrating texture that ingeniously doubles as a mask, this formula adds opulence to the concept of evening multitasking.
|AERIN Rose Night Table Cream & Overnight Mask.|
|*La Prairie Cellular Treatment Foundation in Natural Beige.|
(8) *La Prairie Cellular Treatment Foundation Powder in Natural Beige (also available at Nordstrom): Recently I've received a round of questions from BP readers and followers regarding this powder foundation formula. I am happy to report that a full, swatch-heavy feature is in the works, however, in the meanwhile, I wanted to offer some initial impressions. With a velvety texture and propensity for natural-looking yet full coverage, this powder perfects skin in a single layer.
Excellent on its own or atop foundation to banish shine and further even the complexion, it also works well as a touch up option for long days. I found my perfect match in Natural Beige but will be sharing swatches of all six shades shortly!
Official details, courtesy of Neiman Marcus:
Powder Finish combines cream, powder, and high technology for a perfect silky matte compact foundation.
Versatile as a primary foundation or as a touch up for any foundation, this light reflective, treatment based foundation goes from light to maximum coverage while providing moisturization and nourishment.
• La Prairie's exclusive Cellular Complex helps stimulate the skin's natural repair process, moisturizing and energizing with nutrients that encourage optimal functioning.
• Softens and minimizes the appearance of lines, while Heather Extract firms.
• Evens skin tone and texture while providing a natural light-reflective matte finish.
• Rose and Chamomile Extracts soothe and calm skin.
• Talc and Kaolin absorb excess oil.
• Offers a creamy coverage of a foundation, with the ultra fine feel of a powder.
• Extends treatment benefits of moisturizer used underneath.
• Allergy and Dermatologist Tested; Non-comedogenic.
• Use wet or dry for adjustable coverage: Dry application for light to full coverage, or Wet application for maximum coverage and mattification.
• Wear alone over moisturizer, over a coordinating foundation, or as makeup touch-up, dry application only.
|Swatch in direct sunlight.|
(9) *Natasha Denona Blackest Black Mascarade Mascara (reviewed HERE and HERE and also available at Sephora): I have already proclaimed the many merits of this new Natasha Denona launch but just in case you might have missed it, I felt that this truly singular mascara should be a part of this round up. The intense black formula creates lush, long, dark lashes that last all day and the clever cone-shaped brush allows one to reach every lash for maximum impact. Divine.
Official details, courtesy of Beautylish:
About Blackest Black Mascarade
Why It's Special
How to Use
Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Copernicia Cerifera Cera (Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax), Cera Alba (Beeswax), Butylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Palmitic Acid, Acacia Senegal Gum, Glyceryl Stearate, Aminomethyl Propanol, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax), PVP, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Sodium Dehydroacetate. (+/-) May Contain: Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides).
(10) NARS Velvet Lip Glide in Bound and Unlaced: These creamy liquid lip colors have a plush, non-sticky, weightless texture that envelopes lips in a wash of pigmented color. I picked up the dusty mauve Bound (an excellent take on the ubiquitous "my lips but better" hue) and the delightfully pinky nude Unlaced, which has enough depth to lend muted color to the lips without washing out one's complexion.
The formula is extremely hydrating and I get decent lasting power (4-5 hours) before feeling the need to reapply. There is a bit of slip in its texture but not so much to risk migration outside of the lip line; in terms of the "semi-matte" distinction, I would definitely stress the "semi" in that moniker. In fact, I get very little matte effect from this lip color...I, for one, am completely fine that it is not as matte as the name might imply because the creamy, minimalist shine (coupled with remarkable pigmentation) make the Velvet Lip Glide that much more unique.
This highly-saturated lip color combines covetable comfort and confident shades in one smooth move. Its wand coats like a lipstick, yet glides on like a gloss. The finish is semi-matte, long-lasting, and non-drying for luscious, vibrant lips. Water lily flowers and white tea extract are infused into this hybrid lip glide for antioxidant protection and ultimate hydration.
"Velvet lip glide is soft, yet strong. Effortless and intense. Polished and provocative. It encourages you not to compromise. Glide on strength. Go with it. See where it takes you."—François Nars
Ingredients: Dimethicone, Kaolin, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Diisostearyl Malate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenyl Trimethicone, Isostearyl Isostearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina/Cire Microcristalline, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone SilsesquioxaneCrosspolymer, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Nylon-12, Dicalcium Phosphate, StearalkoniumBentonite, Propylene Carbonate, Ethyl Vanillin, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Lecithin, Silica, ArganiaSpinosa Kernel Oil, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Tocopherol, Orchis Mascula Flower Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Nymphaea Alba Flower Extract, Citric Acid, Tin Oxide, Tocopheryl Acetate, [+/- (May Contain): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090), Manganese Violet (Ci 77742), Red 6 (Ci 15850), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140)].
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|All 11 elements of new beauty.|
The following images reflect all products in action in afternoon sunlight...*Shiseido Rouge Rouge in RD713 Hushed Tones on the lips, style details below:
// STYLE NOTES // Effortless early fall transitional dressing...bare shoulders, high-rise relaxed denim and d'orsay flats with a bucket bag for good measure.
- Black Bardot Top (similar styles HERE and HERE)
- Rag & Bone Marilyn High Rise Boyfriend Jeans
- Nude Ivory D'Orsay Flats (additional style options HERE and HERE)
- Pearl Choker by Bohobabe
- Black Bucket Bag by Seth Wegter Bags (style will be available on his website soon)
**Action photos by Laura Lynn.
|Eleven launches worthy of pursuit.|
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this review of the resplendent *Chanel No. 5 L'Eau in addition to a broader discussion of some of the best beauty launches I've encountered to date.
What new launches have YOU been loving? Do share!
Good things ahead, including a fresh work-inspired FOTD, a video tutorial and even more fall skincare and beauty releases.
Finally, if you happen to be in Beverly Hills tomorrow around noon(9/17), don't forget to swing by Project Beauty at Neiman Marcus; I'll be hosting the event and spending some time on the beauty floor directly following the show...it would be great to see you! More details on how to RSVP can be found HERE.
--The Beauty Professor
** PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-16 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.