Game-changing: I often witness this particular distinction getting thrown around with wild abandon. From bras to cars and everything in between, it seems that most entities can be argued to possess "game-changer" qualities; Forbes Magazine even has an entire article devoted to the "6 steps for creating a game changer." If only it was that easy!
Although the term may be used more liberally than I prefer, I still encounter products that excite me on a regular basis...I daresay, they could be deemed veritable gamechangers. These gems provide me with skincare and beauty shortcuts that streamline my process and polish my look.
Kindly scroll on for all 15 gamechangers, along with swatches and the Bottom Line...
// SKINCARE Etc. //
(1) *Tata Harper Elixir Vitae: Many BP readers have requested that I review this incredible serum and I am happy to confirm that I've had it in the testing phase for the past two weeks. With an intoxicating herbal scent and an instantly absorbing texture, this all-in-one formula hydrates and plumps skin while relaxing muscle contractions (yes, please!) and adding a gorgeous glow. I have been making it my singular skincare step both morning and night and will report back at the end of the month with my findings...so far so good!
Official details, courtesy of Nordstrom:
Elixir Vitae is a supercharged treatment filled with 38 high-performance ingredients that offers an immediate reduction in the appearance of wrinkles by visibly smoothing the skin's surface and filling in the look of fine lines, restoring the appearance of plumpness and delivering the visual effect of an injectable. Skin is left more youthful and radiant. Encapsulated micronutrients, which are minerals with specific ionic charges, hydrate skin while giving a plump, tight, lifted look; spilanthes extract reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines; vinifera promotes a healthy, restored look; and snowflake bulb extract helps inhibit the look of wrinkles.
In a study:
- 86% of users noticed a reduction in the appearance of fine lines within 28 days.
How to use: For best results, massage into skin morning and night. Avoid direct contact with your eyes.
Pro tips: Use this treatment to prolong the effects of your injectable, or to replace the need for them. Blend with any of the other Super Natural serums for a comprehensive anti-aging treatment.
(2) *Dermstick for Pores: Designed to minimize the look of pores with consistent use, this handy little pen harnesses the power of Glycolic Acid, Pumpkin Seed Extract and Tea Tree Oil to increase cell turnover and shrink pore visibility. I apply it at night, along my inner cheeks (closest to my nose) and am very pleased with the results thus far.
(3) *Artis Circle 1 Brush (reviewed HERE): I have a newfound love for this genius brush, especially for its ability to artfully apply lip color. The small, round tip allows for firm and precise blending and works wonders with liquid lipstick formulas. If you haven't yet tried the Artis Line, this is an excellent place to start.
|Base + face.|
// BASE + FACE //
|Suncreen meets foundation.|
(4) *Sisley Tinted Sunscreen Cream SPF 30 in Golden: With summertime around the corner, this gorgeous sunscreen-meets-foundation couldn't have crossed the Beauty Professor desk at a better time. Lush and moisturizing with incredibly impressive coverage (medium to full with a natural finish), this water-resistant formula is a fantastic all day base for days when I know I'll be in the sun and I get hours of touch up-free lasting power. Shade Golden is an excellent match for my NC 25-27 skin...enthusiastically recommended.
|Skin perfecting at its best.|
(5) *Edward Bess Undo Time Blurring Perfector: The latest complexion product from the venerable Edward Bess line, a mere drop of this highly-pigmented concealer banishes darkness and blurs pores. Add a bit more and this powerful little tube transforms into a lightweight foundation. This utilitarian wonder is a must for the makeup bag, masterfully keeping spots, dark circles and unevenness at bay.
Undo Time comes in four shades (swatched below):
- Light: Fair beige for N/NC/NW 10-15 skin tones
- Medium: Neutral light-medium beige for N/NC/NW 20-27 skin tones
- Tan: Rich tan beige for N/NC/NW 30-40 skintones
- Deep: Neutral dark beige for N/NC/NW 40+ skintones
Official details courtesy of Neiman Marcus:
The wait is over – now is the time to reclaim the smoother, more youthful looking skin you remember. Harnessing optical blurring technology, this revolutionary age-defying skin perfector holds the power to make your complexion look years younger. A unique blend of cushiony pigments delivers next generation full coverage – dramatically reducing the appearance of discoloration and the look of lines and wrinkles. All you see is younger looking skin untouched by the hands of time.
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|Swatches in outdoor shade.|
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|Bronze, blush and glow.|
(6) *Laura Mercier Baked Blush Illumine (LE): This glowing blush-meets-highlighter bathes skin in an ultra-luminous baby pink wash of color. With just enough color to gently flush the cheeks, this powder adds a unique glow that I've been craving on a daily basis. It blends like a dream and can't be overapplied, even by those (like me!) with a heavy hand.
(7) *Laura Mercier Face Illuminator Powder in Addiction: Waves of gleaming golden impart a breathtakingly beautiful incandescence that instantly melts into the skin. This highlighting powder feels almost like a gel (it is moisturizing and doesn't look the slightest bit powdery on the skin) for an ultra-natural luminosity that works well on the high points of the face.
|From L-R: Swatches of Laura Mercier Addiction and Baked Blush Illumine in direct sunlight.|
|La Mer The Bronzing Powder.|
(8) *La Mer The Bronzing Powder: Luxurious on every level, this latest release from La Mer (a Bloomingdales exclusive) is comprised of three different shades of warm beige and tan for a customized look. Finely-milled and ultra-soft, this bronzer imparts the most perfect muted brown tan; I concentrate application of the deeper shade (#1 and #3 in the image below) along the hollows of my cheeks and perimeters of my face while using #4 as a highlighting shade and #2 as a pearly blush.
Swirled together, the shades work in harmony to create an ultra-flattering bronzed effect...so worth it!
|Swatches of the La Mer The Bronzing Powder in direct sunlight.|
// EYES //
(9) *Surratt Beauty Expressioniste Brow Pomade (also reviewed HERE): My favorite way to tame and polish my brows, this marvelous pomade features a clear finish and significant hold for a natural look that also works wonders on flyaways along the part of my hair.
(10) *By Terry Ombre Blackstar in Bubble Glow (reviewed HERE): Able to brighten the most tired eyes (with a single swipe along the lower lash line), this pearly pink shadow lasts for hours and blends with any eye look for unparalleled versatility. I hope I am never without this transcendent shade!
(11) Viseart Theory II Minx Eyeshadow Palette: First spotted at IMATS LA earlier this year, I finally got my hands on this rapturous palette. Brimming with warm nudes in both matte and satin finishes, the slim and compact packaging is entirely makeup-bag friendly. The shadows are buttery smooth, apply with a stunning velvet cloak of color and last for hours without creasing or fallout. Minx possesses all of the shades that I adore and I consider it a dream palette.
|Viseart Theory II Minx.|
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|Four variations on pink that have your lips covered.|
// LIPS //
(12) *Jouer Long-Wear Lip Creme in Citronade Rose (reviewed HERE): I cannot stress enough how marvelous this metallic baby pink lip color is. Weightless and pigmented with the most divine and transformative finish, it is permanently in my purse. At publish date, it appears to be sold out everywhere except for Cult Beauty (!!); if you love pink as I do, you would be wise to snap it up while it's still in stock.
(13) NARS Undercover Lip Cover in Get Dirty: This LE liquid formula is an insanely pigmented wash of color with a luscious satin (read: not matte) finish. It is moisturizing, long lasting and refreshingly unique. Get Dirty is a warm peachy rose nude, perfect for everyday wear. I picked this shade up for my mom and close friend and we all simply adore it!
(14) Lancome Juicy Shaker in Lemon Meringue: Equal parts clever and adorable, this little shaker features a bi-phase lip oil with a tender pink glaze. The sweet candy smell soothes the senses and the intense and hydrating properties make this new release a lovely fusion of style and substance.
(15) Gucci Audacious Lip Color in Magnolia Pink (also available at Gucci and reviewed HERE): The images above and below confirm that I wear this pearly mauve shade all the time.
|Lancome Juicy Shaker in Lemon Meringue.|
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
The following images reflect all products in action in afternoon sunshine...lips are a combination of NARS Undercover Lip Cover in Get Dirty mixed with Jouer Long-Wear Lip Creme in Citronade Rose...Equipment France button down shirt from Revolve:
|Viseart Theory II Minx in action.|
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this round up of game-changing discoveries...they truly have forged a positive impression on my product-laden routine. What have you been loving as of late?
Good things ahead, including a haircare intensive, an everyday look makeup tutorial and a host of new product procurements. I'm also working on responding to your latest batch of comments and emails!
What is new in YOUR life...do tell ; )
--The Beauty Professor
** PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-16 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.