|The full look.|
I spent the past weekend exploring Kansas City with Jethro and my husband and, while I tried to devote most of the time to soaking up the local sites, I also managed to quickly photograph a FOTD before heading out to the famed Kansas City Plaza Art Fair for the evening. This particular look features multitasking products that create an easy, pared-down glow that lasted all day, even through intense heat and humidity.
Kindly scroll on for more details, swatches and images of the products in action as well as the Bottom Line...
|For the face.|
// FACE // Medium coverage with strong SPF and a rosy radiance for naturally healthy looking skin
- Le Metier de Beaute Peau Vierge (reviewed HERE): My uniquivocal first step, this moisturizer, primer and illuminator with SPF is a protective and perfecting tinted veil for my skin. #3 is still suitable for my post-summer skin but I am sure I'll go back to #2 in a month or two.
- Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Cushion Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 50 in Bisque 280: I became a fan of the original Teint Idole formula years ago while on a trip to Miami. I ran out of my Guerlain Parure Extreme (remember that?) and picked up the Teint Idole at a local Sephora. I couldn't believe how well it performed in the intense South Florida humidity...it offered natural looking medium to full coverage and was practically waterproof while poolside as well! The latest version of this formula comes in a cushion compact for portable application on the go. The fragrance-free foundation is just as good as I remember...buildable coverage and a satin matte finish that offers indelible performance. Throw in a stalwart SPF 50 and it's pretty amazing. Bisque 280 is a great match for my NC 25-27 skin and I found that it doesn't oxidize, even after a long day of wear.
- *Kevyn Aucoin The Celestial Bronzing Veil in Tropical Days (reviewed HERE): A touch along the hollows and perimeters of my face creates natural looking contour and warmth...one of my current bronzer favorites.
- *La Prairie Cellular Radiance Cream Blush in Plum Glow (reviewed HERE): This lush blush mimics the look of softly flushed skin; I love the cooler tone of the Plum Glow, blended into the apples of my cheeks for a subtle radiance.
- *Clé de Peau Beauté Luminzing Face Enhancer in #16 Almond (also available at CdPB and reviewed HERE): Although undeniably gorgeous in the compact, it must be noted that this highlighter is equally lovely on the face. Almond is a warm pearl shade that, when placed along the cheek bones, brow bones and down the bridge of the nose, creates a tender incandescence that belies its powder texture. It is truly beautiful in every sense.
|A closeup of the Lancome Cushion Foundation...this formula has more coverage--while still looking natural--than any cushion formula I have tried to date.|
|Swatches in indoor lighting.|
|These sticks from Bite work so well for everything from lips to cheeks and even contouring!|
// LIPS ETC. //
- Bite Beauty Multistick in Lotus: I admit that I am late to the Multistick party but am happy I finally picked a couple up...the smooth and pigmented formula, coupled with a powdery finish that blends like a dream makes these genius little bullets so worthwhile. Lotus is a cool toned baby pink with enough pigmented to be worn alone without washing out the face. It also works well as a blush when blended on the apples of the cheeks.
- Bite Beauty Multistick in Anise: How, pray tell, could I not buy a product that also happens to be my (fairly rare) middle name? The fact that it works as an easy contouring option, a deep chocolate eyeshadow and as a rich brown lip for fall makes it that much more alluring! I also like mixing Lotus and Anise for a lilac-tinged neutral.
- Stila Stay All Day MATTE'ificent Lipstick in Papillion: This lip color formula is simply stunning! Extremely smooth with immense color-payoff, Papillion is a warm neutral pinky nude that is completely wearable by itself. I have been reaching for this moisturizing, long lasting formula constantly since picking it up on a whim in Kansas City!
|Swatches in indoor lighting.|
// EYES //
- Estee Edit Metallishadow Creme + Powder Eyeshadow in Scarlet Eclipse: This eye duo features a heavily pigmented cream shadow in a rich burgundy red shade and a gossamer light shimmering powder eye shadow in a neutral champagne taupe that, when blended together, creates a perfectly luminous fall eye. I used the Sephora Pro Tapered Crease Brush #19 to achieve the final effect.
|Swatches of Scarlet Eclipse in indoor lighting.|
|A closeup of the eye look.|
The following images reflect all products in action in late afternoon light...
// STYLE NOTES //
- BCBG Kimmie Essential Knit Slip Dress: This dress is brilliant...thin yet forgiving with an easy stretch that makes it equal parts loungewear and out-on-the-town-wear, its casual take on the slipdress trend is spot on. I will be wearing this a lot this season!
- Nike Tiempo Vetta QS Shoe: Perhaps one of the most unique pairs of sneakers I own, this all leather soccer-inspired shoe masterfully blends street sensibilities with extreme comfort. In rich yet muted teal green and black with honeycomb and velcro detailing, this innovative pair only comes in men's sizes, however, I wear a 7 1/2 in women's and the sizes 7 in mens was a perfect fit.
- Current/Elliott Faded Denim Shirt: I wear a denim shirt in some capacity at least twice a week making this faded-to-perfection version a worthy investment...tied around the waist, it offers a dash of color and a baseline of insurance should the temperatures drop.
- Pearl Choker: This streamlined choker has been on my neck nonstop since picking it up earlier this month; I love the sturdy gold filled chain and delicate nude peach tone of the pearl. #goeswitheverything.
- *Miracle Skin Transformer Body Glow: This multitasking formula adds a light tint, gentle illumination, significant hydration and SPF for the most gorgeous arms and legs. I have using this almost daily to preserve the glow of my post-summer skin.
|Off to the Art Fair.|
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this quick FOTD for a pared-down glow...have you tried any of the products discussed? Thoughts?
I look forward to sharing much more on BP in the coming days...good things ahead, including the Victoria Beckham x Estee Lauder Collection, a skincare update and a host of new product procurements!
xx and have a marvelous week,
--The Beauty Professor
** PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-16 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.