|Above: Glow on demand.|
Until a couple of weeks ago, the Natasha Denona line was not on my radar; once, however, Beautylish began to carry the brand, I started receiving questions from readers who wondered if I had yet tried the foundation. Now, I am happy to say that I have not only tried the base but the entire glowing system and look forward to sharing an overview of my experience in this post!
Incidentally, I must also declare that today's beauty story also coincides with two events: (1) 4-year anniversary of Beauty Professor and (2) my birthday...I guess celebrating can indeed happen on a Monday ; )
Kindly scroll on for more details, swatches and images of the Natasha Denona Glowing Skin System in action as well as the Bottom Line...
|Above: The Natasha Denona Glowing Skin System.|
The *Natasha Denona Glowing Skin System consists of five luxurious key products to impart the most natural luminosity to the face and body:
- Natasha Denona Lifting Primer Anti-Aging Serum (there are two other primers from which to choose, depending on one's skin type)
- Natasha Denona Face Glow Foundation (12 shades in all)
- Natasha Denona Face Glow Cream Shimmer (in light, medium or dark)
- Natasha Denona All Over Face and Body Shimmer Powder (in light, medium or dark)
- Natasha Denona Body Glow (in light, medium or dark)
|Above: The Natasha Denona Lifting Primer Anti-Aging Serum.|
(1) *Natasha Denona Lifting Primer Anti-Aging Serum: This velvety smooth serum acts as both a skincare component and a primer. Smoothing one pump over the face blurs pores and fine lines, adds moisture and gives me a demi-matte finish that increases the longevity of my foundation.
The Lifting Primer Anti-Aging Serum is the perfect preparation for all skin types before application of foundation. It increases the lasting power of foundation and will give your skin a semi-matte finish, while hydrating at the same time.
This fluid primer smoothes out wrinkles and pores and is perfect for mature skin, giving a hydrating and lifting effect.
Tips for Use: Smooth product over the skin with fingertips and massage in until absorbed. It can be used on its own before application of foundation or as a step between moisturizer and foundation.
If you're not applying foundation, you may use this product as a serum before applying your moisturizer.
30 ml / 1.01 fl oz
|Above: A swatch of Natasha Denona Lifting Primer Anti-Aging Serum in direct sunlight.|
|Above: The Natasha Denona Face Glow Foundation in 30 Light-Medium and 42 Medium.|
(2) *Natasha Denona Face Glow Foundation: Because this foundation comes in 12 shades, I wasn't sure if I was the Light-Medium 30 (for light-medium skin with yellow undertones) or Medium (a medium beige with yellow/golden undertones); consequently, I got both and I am glad I did! Currently, I mix a touch of 42 in with a full pump of 30 to get the perfect NC 25-27 match. If you are NC 23-25, you should be fine with shade 30 but if you are a hair darker, then a mix of the two would be a befitting solution.
In terms of formula, this feels unlike any foundation I've encountered to date (and I have tried a lot of foundations). The creamy-meets-liquid feels a tad bouncy and extremely smooth but not "silicony" or overly slippery. I prefer to blend it into my skin with dampened Beauty Blender and note that the foundation feels a touch tacky (but not sticky) during the blending process but it dries down to set on its own (I don't use setting powder with this) within a couple of minutes. I get instant medium coverage that looks like beautiful, slightly dewy skin and love the fact that it can be built up to full coverage, should that be required, without looking conspicuous.
The finish of this formula is simply sublime. Luminous and radiant, the canvas looks healthy and glowy rather than shimmery and glittery. I get a respectable 7-8 hours of wear time without feeling the need to touch up and over the course of wear, my skin feels comfortable (like it can breathe) and balanced.
All in all, this is a truly amazing option for those seeking medium coverage and a natural, dewy skin finish without garish shimmer!
|Above: Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|Above: Swatches in mixed outdoor lighting.|
The Face Glow Foundation is Natasha's choice of base for a glowing, glammed-up look.
This lightweight foundation protects the skin with an SPF of 15 and has brilliant staying power, making it perfect for all day wear or for a night-out. Its hydrating formula is suitable for all skin types and will leave your skin with an even, flawless, natural finish look.
30 ml / 1.01 fl oz
|Above: The foundation comes in a tube with a convenient pump dispenser.|
|Above: The Natasha Denona Face Glow Cream Shimmer.|
|Above: Pearly and warm, the Natasha Denona Face Glow Cream Shimmer delivers life to the skin.|
The Face Glow Cream Shimmer is the basic product for highlighting and glamming up the cheekbones, bridge of the nose and lips, for a healthy glowing red-carpet look.
This cream shimmer in stick form is perfect for a fresh and glowing look. Its iridescent composition becomes homogenous with the natural texture of the skin, without cakeyness occurring and is suitable for all skin types.
25 ml / 0.84 fl oz
|Above: A swatch in direct sunlight.|
|Above: Natasha Denona Body Glow.|
This particular product was developed on the basis of a secret mixture of different products that Natasha used to prepare for her clients', models' and celebrities' bodies, on photo shoots or events, for a no-glitter and healthy glowing skin effect. With Europe's top chemists, she turned her secret mixture into a one-formula product.
The Body Glow has a light, fresh and fluid consistency that is easy to apply all over the body for a radiant glow. Its formula is quick-drying, non-sticky, and resistant to water and sweat, making it suitable for any occasion.
50 ml / 1.69 fl oz
|Above: Swatches of Natasha Denona Body Glow in direct sunlight.|
|Above: The Natasha Denona All Over Face and Body Shimmer Powder.|
(5) *Natasha Denona All Over Face and Body Shimmer Powder: Ultra finely-milled and whisper-light, this powder adds an extra punch of glow wherever you deem it necessary. It works beautifully on both the face and body and, due to its subtle sheen, simply cannot be over applied. It's like pure light in a powder compact!
|Above: A close up of the Natasha Denona All Over Glow Powder.|
The All Over Glow is a hydrating shimmer, in powder form, that gives a glowing and healthy texture to the skin. This product may be applied to both face and body, and is ideal for creating that perfect Hollywood look. It has long last performance and ensures that the skin is left with a gentle shimmer and glowing finish for hours.
For best results, Natasha recommends applying the All Over Glow over her Face Glow Cream Shimmer.
10 g / 0.35 oz
|Above: Swatch in direct sunlight.|
|Above: Collective beauty.|
All Over Face and Body Shimmer Powder and Body Glow, in the images that follow I am also wearing the:
- *Hourglass Ambient Lighting Bronzer in Luminous Bronze (reviewed HERE): The obvious use in the image above is a testament to how much I love this bronzer.
- Viseart Blush in Angora (reviewed HERE): This subtle purple grey somehow brightens cheeks in mysteriously flattering ways.
- Charlotte Tilbury Luxury Palette in Dolce Vita (also available at Beautylish): Since picking this up on a whim a couple weeks ago, I have been grabbing for this quad constantly. The pearly beige makes for a lovely base and browbone shade, the warm burgundy is a stunning all over wash of color, the extra sparkly gold is absolutely incredible and the muted khaki green is ever so wearable. This might be the first quad I've owned in awhile where all shades get used equally!
- *Estee Lauder Sumtuous Knockout Mascara: This latest formula from Estee Lauder creates lush, long and jet black lashes in two coats...I'm very impressed.
- Christian Louboutin Lip Definer in Nats (also available at Neiman Marcus and Nordstrom and reviewed HERE): A permanent fixture in my handbag, this stunning, self-sharpening pinky nude lip liner pairs so well with nudes and pinks. Practically waterproof, it goes on creamy and stays in place for hours without drying out the lips.
- MAC x Ellie Goulding Lipstick in Only You: I am so glad (and extremely surprised) that this limited-edition pinky coral nude Creamsheen lipstick is still in stock! It has gorgeous pigmentation and feels hydrating and lush on the lips...a must for pinky nude lip lovers.
- Ela Rae Libi Stone Choker: This comely choker was a recent Christmas gift; delicately-crafted let entirely wearable on a daily basis, I love layering this with my other gold necklaces for a pop of color.
|Above: A closeup of the delightfully pinky coral nude LE MAC x Ellie Goulding Lipstick in Only You.|
|Above: Swatches of all products in direct sunlight.|
The following images reflect all products in action in natural outdoor lighting...
|Above: Last look.|
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this comprehensive overview of the Natasha Denona Glowing Skin System. I love how beautifully the products work together in harmony to create a believable radiance. If you are not ready to commit to the entire system quite yet, then I highly recommend starting with the Face Glow Foundation and Face Glow Cream Shimmer Cream as both are gorgeous integrations into one's existing beauty routine.
Good things ahead, including my 2015 Skincare and Beauty Favorites Video (worth the wait, I promise!), another foundation-centric feature (so many good releases lately) and an accessories close-up.
I hope your Monday is beautiful; thanks, from my heart, for helping Beauty Professor to celebrate four incredible years...your readership, friendship and support are true gifts!
--The Beauty Professor
** PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-15 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.