This week, *Charlotte Tilbury released Hot Lips--a collection of 16 lipsticks named after iconic women--and I am thrilled to share a glimpse at the five shades I chose.
Exceedingly gorgeous, this lip color also possesses an important charitable dimension; during the first two months of sales, Charlotte Tilbury will donate $2 from the sale of each lipstick to Women for Women International, an organization devoted to support women survivors of war, poverty and injustice. Beautiful on the inside and out!
Due to my propensity for the quintessential nude lip, the quintet of hues in my selection, not surprisingly, fall into the beige, pink, peach and rose family.
Kindly scroll on for more details, swatches and images of the lip color in action as well as the Bottom Line...
With 16 shades in the collection, the *Charlotte Tilbury Hot Lips consists of 12 new hues (Hot Emily, Liv It Up, Bosworth's Beauty, Hel's Bells, Miranda May, Kim KW, Carina's Love, Tell Laura, Electric Poppy, Super Cindy, Kidman's Kisses and Secret Salma) and four exisiting tones (Penelope Pink, Nude Kate, Very Victoria and Sexy Sienna) in both the Fallen from the K.I.S.S.I.N.G Tree (reviewed HERE) and Matte Revolution (reviewed HERE) formulas.
As to be expected, the lip color in the Hot Lips range is pigmented, hydrating and extremely wearable with a stunning range of nudes, pinks, peaches, berries, reds and browns!
|Lineup: Kim K.W., Kidman's Kisses, Liv It Up, Super Cindy and Secret Salma.|
- *Kim K.W.: A pale nude pink with a slightly shiny cream finish...this shade is very light but works well with liner and as a shade to brighten up hues that are too dark. Consequently, I find it to be very versatile!
- *Kidman's Kiss: A light apricot pink with a matte finish...this shade is pigmented without being overpowering and truly brightens the face in a single coat.
- *Liv It Up: A lush and creamy cool pink...this is one of my favorite shades from this set of five. It reminds me of a slightly cooler Between the Sheets (LE and currently not available but reviewed HERE)
- *Super Cindy: A warm nude peach with significant opacity and a matte finish...I love how effortlessly this captures the natural, healthy, earthtone-drenched beauty of the 1990's supermodel era.
- *Secret Salma: A demure rose-meets-berrry in a soft matte finish...it's dark but still makes lips look full and volumized.
|Swatches (a single pass on the skin to accurately reflect color-payoff) in direct sunlight.|
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|Clockwise from top left: Kim KW, Kidman's Kiss, Super Cindy, Secret Salma and Liv It Up.|
|The complete look.|
To complement the lush color-saturated wonder of the *Charlotte Tilbury Hot Lips, I used the following products in the images at the end of this story:
- NARS Velvet Matte Skin Tint in St. Moritz: Ever on a foundation quest, I randomly picked this not-new-anymore formua up during my last trip to the mall and am pleasantly surprised. St. Moritz is a great match for my NC 27 skin and I find the formula to offer medium coverage that lasts in the heat without getting dry or overtly dewy. The texture is velvety to the touch and photographs well, even with SPF 30!
- *Koh Gen Do Maifanshi Moisture Concealer: This cult-favorite features 3 shades of concealer to blend to one's heart content. Just a little dab conceals dark circles and even a dark spot or blemish for hours of perfected looking skin. Many of you have asked about this recently and I am happy to report that it is as high performance as I continue to expect from the venerable Koh Gen Do line. More on this compact soon.
- Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops in Moonlight: After hearing about this from Beauty Professor reader Melissa, I knew I had to pick up a bottle the next time I was at Sephora and I am so glad that I did! The thin liquid has a metallic texture and a neutral platinum undertone that can be mixed in with foundation or added atop to impart a glowing, lit-from-within look that is both pretty and long lasting. I cannot wait to experiment with this more in the coming days.
- Gucci Bronzing Powder in Indian Sand (reviewed HERE) applied with the *Surratt Beauty Artistique Sculpting Brush (reviewed HERE): I used this classic bronzer and brush to gently sculpt my face while adding a touch of overall warmth.
- *Surratt Beauty Artistique Blush in Barbe A Papa (reviewed HERE): A dash of this iridescent pink on the apples of my cheeks adds a bit of flush and glow. I adore this shade.
- *Sisley-Paris Eye Phyto 4 Ombres Palette in Dream (reviewed HERE): I applied a generous amount of the glowing pinky peach shade all over my lids and used a touch of the bronzy brown in the crease for a fresh take on a radiant, neutral eye. This palette can be applied sheerly for a daytime veil of color or with more intensity (excellent for a b, making it one that I reach for frequently.
|CoverFX Custom Enhancer Drops in Moonlight.|
|Complexion swatches in direct sunlight.|
|For the cheeks and eyes.|
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
The following images reflect all products in action in afternoon sunlight...
// Style Detour //
I chose a simple black silk midi dress to pair with these new suede heels by Jefferey Campbell. The lace up detailing is unique yet comfortable and the discrete zipper on the back means I can take them on and off in a hot second. With a 2 inch heel and enough room for even the most finicky toes, I will be wearing these for work and play alike!
Onto the lip color cavalcade...
|Liv It Up.|
|Liv It Up.|
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope you found this *Charlotte Tilbury Hot Lips feature helpful and insightful...which shade caught YOUR eye?
As a quick reminder, in honor of Prime Day, Amazon Prime is currently offering major discounts on luxury beauty (including $25 back when you spend $50 with code: PRIME25) off and Shopbop is having a surprise designer boutique sale featuring an extra 25% off with code DESIGNER25.
Good things ahead, including a curated Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Shopping Guide, a foundation feature and a host of new product procurements!
I am also in the midst of responding to your latest batch of emails and comments...thanks, as always, for your patience and support.
--The Beauty Professor
** PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-16 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.