Happy end of June, lovelies! If you've been following me on Instagram, than you may have learned that last week, I was honored to be in Dallas to present at the Neiman Marcus Beauty Conclave; my discussion focused on the relationship between social media (namely, Instagram) and the beauty industry and I had such a marvelous time exploring Texas with Laura and commisserating with like-minded beauty lovers. As to be expected in the summer, the weather warm and steamy. This climate inspired me to opt for a simple and streamlined makeup look that would hold up for hours without melting away! I also embraced a newfound love for the classic black slip dress, which translates from day to night with ease.
Kindly scroll on for more details, swatches and images of the product in action, as well as the Bottom Line...
|Presenting at the Neiman Marcus 2016 Beauty Conclave...photo credit: Laura Lynn.|
// FOUNDATION // A subtle glow and strong wear time are major attributes of this particular combination.
- I started by prepping my skin with a pea-sized amount of the Le Metier de Beaute Peau Vierge #2 (reviewed HERE...always a part of my base routine) for moisture, radiance and primer qualities as well as SPF 18. The intense humidity of the day meant that I could go light on moisture and still look dewy!
- Two pumps of the new *Le Metier de Beaute Afterglow Foundation in #8 (swatched and reviewed HERE) added luminous medium coverage that looks like a second skin. As aforementioned, the lasting power is immense (10+ hours on me) and shade #8 is perfect for my light olive NC 27 skin.
- A swipe of the Clé de Peau Beauté Concelear in Beige (reviewed HERE) in my under eye region banished the most obvious signs of little to no sleep; yes this concealer is expensive, but I've had this tube for the past 3 years and probably have 6 months of product left since it is so creamy and concentrated. I use the brilliant *Jenny Patinkin Domed Multi-Blender Brush (reviewed HERE) to seamlessly blend it into my skin.
- The *DECORTE Beauty Soft Powder Foundation in Warm Beige (reviewed HERE) along my T-zone (lower forehead, nose and chin) adds a touch of beige refinement, keeping oil at bay while setting everything in place for hours on end.
- I cannot go without my trusty *SK-II Mid-Day Essence (reviewed HERE) to revitalize skin. I like to give a spritz right after applying my entire makeup routine to remove any powdery finish and then use it throughout the day to refresh, especially in the heat.
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
// CHEEKS // A trio of three products is all that is necessary to gently sculpt, bronze, flush and illuminate skin in mere seconds.
- I used the bronze side of the By Terry Sun Designer in 02 Light and Tan Vibes (reviewed HERE) to softly contour and add warmth to my cheeks. Then, I mixed the rosy shade with the luminous bronze and peachy pearl shades and applied to the apples of my cheeks for a glowing blush effect, using the sublime Surratt Beauty Artistique Sculpting Brush (always in my makeup bag) to adeptly chisel and blend. I have gotten so much use from the By Terry palette since picking it up in March; the shades are flattering and so easy to work with...I love that I can get full and complete face look with a single product!
- In my experience, the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Champagne Pop Pressed (initially reviewed HERE) truly lives up to the hype. This gleaming peachy gold is gorgeously blendable and delivers such light to the face. Everytime I put it on the high points (browbones, cheekbones and Cupid's bow), someone asks me what highlighter I'm wearing.
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
// EYES // A wash of warm brown, a clearly-defined line and luscious lashes ensure a simple yet captivating effect.
- I am over the moon by how well-loved the *Surratt Beauty Prismatique Eyes in Neutral Eyes (reviewed HERE) looks in the image above as hitting pan is rare around BP headquarters. This genius pairing of rich chocolate cream shadow and glimmering rose gold powder shadow creates the most brilliant nude eye and the powder sets the cream for creaseless wear that lasts the day. Need to pick up another Neutral Eyes ASAP!
- The *By Terry Line Designer in Black Ink (reviewed HERE) is a waterproof wonder. Lately, I've enjoyed applying it just along my lash line and avoiding the cat eye "flick" oft associated with liquid liner. This process makes lashes look darker and more voluminous while still being clean and simple (and easy!). The formla is jet black and slightly glossy and stays true to its waterproof claims...no smudging or flaking in sight.
- Two coats of the *Sisley So Curl Mascara (reviewed HERE) creates long and lifted lashes that are deliciously jet black. I wore this during a 10 hour travel day (good times) with nary a smudge in sight.
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
// LIPS // Prepped and primed for a single wash of coral lip color, lips can be luxurious and low-maintenance.
- I buffed a bit of the *Giorgio Armani Prima Lip & Eye Contour Perfector (reviewed HERE) onto my lips to hydrate, plump and prime my lips for the lipstick to come. I love that this formula can be used on both lips and eyes and it's become a permanent part of my makeup bag as of late.
- While in Dallas, I picked up the Tom Ford Lip Color in Misbehaved after being transfixed by its creamy coral goodness. In terms of tone, it's like Naked Coral (reviewed HERE) with the creamy (rather than pearlescent) finish of Spanish Pink (reviewed HERE). This shade has incredible color-payoff, absolutely no shimmer and a marvelous bright energy that doesn't overpower so it's great for day and night alike. I have a feeling this will be on heavy rotation this summer.
The following images reflect all products in action in morning light...
The black silk slip dress has infiltrated my life...this timeless apparel option is chic and streamlined and, depending on footwear, can be effortlessly dressed up or down. I am wearing:
- Eddie Borgo Rose Gold Peaked Collar Necklace: Rose gold and minimalist, this collar is sleek, fitted and rests at the quintessential place on the neck; the clasp is such that it doesn't tangle in my hair (rare with a collar!) and the shiny finish layers well with other pieces.
- The Milly V Neck Slip Dress: In a fresh midi length, this dress flows in front and cuts a gorgeous racerback silhouette in back. The silky fabric travels well and pairs pefectly with a flannel or denim jacket (for day) or a pastel bomber at night.
- Gucci Liza Boots: I purchased these back in December and--in the past 6 months--have probably worn them more than all other shoes that I own. The soft yet sturdy leather features signature "double G" embossment on the back half, a higher zippered shaft which flatters the leg and a 1 inch heel that can be walked on for hours without fatigue. I appreciate the fact that they work well with jeans (skinny and boyfriend), dresses, skirts and even cutoffs so I am truly getting my money's worth. One of my favorite investment splurges to date.
Some other midi black slip dresses include options by:
--Shop Slip Dresses--
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this summer look overview and would love to know which products and style pieces you've been gravitating towards as of late!
Things are finally winding down for me and I look forward to catching up on your most recent batch of comments and emails...thank you, truly, for your patience and understanding.
What are your plans for the summer? Do share!
--The Beauty Professor
** PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-16 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.