|The Neutral Zone.|
Hello, lovely readers; I hope your summer is going well! I am in the midst of travel yet again (more on that forthcoming... in the meanwhile, visit me on Instagram for the latest) and recently took advantage of the infinitely sunny Dallas, TX location that I am currently visiting to share a beauty and style look that is brimming over with neutral tones.
Kindly scroll on for a detailed product breakdown, sunlit swatches and images of the products in action...
|Pared down for efficacy (and room in my suitcase!).|
// COMPLEXION + HAIR //
- *Le Metier de Beaute Ultimate Hydrator (reviewed HERE): Perfect to drench skin in moisture without feeling heavy.
- *La Prairie Skin Caviar Foundation in Amber Beige (reviewed HERE): I love how healthy this foundation makes my skin look...the skincare benefits are truly observable and Amber Beige is a great match for my NC 27 skin.
- *SK-II Mid-Day Essence (reviewed HERE): Permanently in my purse, this spray refreshes my skin all day.
- Oribe Shine Light Reflecting Spray: Detangles after washing my hair and makes my locks insanely shiny...oh, and it smells divine.
|Swatches of my base pairing in direct sunlight.|
|Base pair extraoridinare.|
|For the face.|
// FACE + CHEEKS //
- *Marc Jacobs Beauty Cover(t) Stick Color Corrector in Bright Now: This clever cream with a pnk and lilac swirl combats dullness in a single swipe. I focus this on my forehead and high points of my face for a brightening effect that isn't the slightest bit shimmery.
- *Becca Afterglow Luminous Blush in Blushed Copper (reviewed HERE): I used this like a bronzer/contour for warm definition on the face. Perhaps my favorite shade in this range.
- *Sisley L’Orchidee Rose Blush and Highlighter (also available at Neiman Marcus and reviewed HERE): A gorgeous fusion of pale pink flush and glowing highlighter, this palette in just as pretty on the face as it is in the compact.
- *Surratt Beauty Artistique Highlight Brush (reviewed HERE): Always in my makeup bag, this brush has the softest bristles for a sublime makeup application experience.
- *Le Metier de Beaute Radiance Powder: This gift with purchase is a dreamy yellow bronze with a buttery texture and golden gleam. After trying this, I am excited to try the Radiance Powder in other shades!
|Marc Jacobs Beauty Bright Now...more on all three color correctors soon!|
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|A splendid Surratt Beauty pairing.|
|All about eyes.|
// EYES //
- Tom Ford Eye Color Quad in Disco Dust (reviewed HERE): Finally back in stock online at Nordstrom, this rare unicorn of an eyeshadow palette features a harmony of luminous rose gold, lush camel, deep aubergine and sparkling champagne shades for a fresh neutral eye that skillfully avoids the taupe route. If you appreciate these shades as I do, I implore you to get it while you can!
- *Surratt Beauty Relevee Eyelash Curler (reviewed HERE): The absolute best of the best, this lash curler makes one look so much more awake and alive without stressing the delicate lash line.
- *Charlotte Tilbury Legendary Brows in Brigitte: This brow formula adds depth, dimension (fills in sparse areas), polish and hold for brows of all shades and styles. Brigitte is a neutral taupe is apropos for light to medium brown brows and there are also two darker shades to accommodate deeper arches. I am impressed by the ultra small brow, which allows one to seamlessly apply the formula...the result is extremely natural and flattering and the weightless hold lasts for hours.
- *Sisley-Paris So Curl Mascara (reviewed HERE): Jet black and instantly volumizing, this mascara also instills a flirty curl for lashes that are wide-eyed and fluttery. A marvelous fusion of opulence and high-performance.
- *Charles Darius Bold Bracelet: This clever piece of leather jewelry features a USB cable on one end and phone charging jack on the other for moments when you need to charge up your cell (for me, that's nearly always) without dealing with the dreaded untangling of the lightning cord. I'll never dig around the bottom of my purse for one again.
|Charlotte Tilbury Legendary Brows...the most diminutive brush ever for a precise application.|
|Lids and lashes under control.|
|Swatches in outdoor shade (to show intensity of shades).|
// LIPS //
- *La Prairie Luxe Lip Liner in Nude (reviewed HERE): I love the simplicity and beauty of this retractable lip pencil; the medium nude pink tone works well on the perimeters of the lips to establish a lovely base for the lip color to come.
- Tom Ford Matte Lip Color in First Time (reviewed HERE): Perhaps my favorite Tom Ford lip color to date (I ardently admit to stockpiling back ups), this hydrating (especially for a matte) peachy pink nude has enough pigment to brighten the face while creating a long lasting neutral pout that doesn't overwhelm the lips.
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|Neutral lip wonderland.|
The following images reflect all products in action at the Four Seasons Dallas Los Colinas...
// Style Notes //
- Free People Season in the Sun Dress: Comfortable and unique, I have already gotten a serious amount of wear from this dress this season.
- Matisse Western Pointy Boot in Ivory: I purchased the boots worn above a couple of seasons ago but found a similar version (ivory, western-inspired, pointed toe) by Matisse and recently picked them up in black...so good.
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this neutral-toned beauty and style look and would love to hear what neutrals have been a major part of your life as of late!
Good things ahead, including an Amore Pacific spotlight, a travel diary and a host of new product procurements...
--The Beauty Professor
** PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-16 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.