|Above: Simple pleasures from Byredo, Truffle and Compartes.|
This week was a challenging adventure to say the least; I battled my way through the remainder of a sinus infections (good times), relentlessly long teaching hours and a host of blog-related (!) evening events, but with the weekend ahead, I feel like I emerged victorious.
The FOTD that follows (taken early this morning before teaching) includes some key skincare and beauty items upon which I have been relying heavily lately as well as 6 new products that, dare I say it, helped to get me through the week.
Kindly scroll on for more details, images and the Bottom Line...
|Above: The full look.|
- *SK-II Facial Treatment Essence...reviewed HERE
- *La Prairie Skin Caviar Luxe Eye Lift...reviewed HERE
- Le Metier de Beaute Peau Vierge #2...reviewed HERE
- By Terry Densiliss Primer (available at Barney's NY and Space.NK)...reviewed HERE
- Equal parts *Napoleon Perdis Stroke of Genius Foundation in 2B (reviewed HERE and HERE) and Tom Ford Traceless Perfecting Foundation in Natural (reviewed HERE) applied with a damp Beauty Blender
- Charlotte Tilbury Bronze and Glow (reviewed HERE) to contour
- Charlotte Tilbury Cheek to Chic blush in First Love (reviewed HERE) on apples of the cheeks
- *Clé de Peau Beauté Luminizing Face Enhancer in #12 Gold to highlight
- *Clé de Peau Beauté Radiant Powder Foundation in O20 to set and touch up makeup
- Anastasia Dip Brow in Dark Brown on brows
- *Le Metier de Beaute Obsidian Odyssey Eye Kaleidoscope (reviewed HERE) on the eyes
- Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara...review HERE
- Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat Lip Pencil in Pillow Talk (reviewed HERE)
- YSL Rouge Volupte Shine Lipstick in #22 Nude Indeed (also worn HERE)
|Above: The Le Metier de Beaute Obsidian Odyssey Eye Kaleidoscope...easy to work with and entirely unique.|
|Above: Daily delights.|
...and onto the 6 products...
(1) Truffle Clarity Clutch...this lovely gift from my dear friend Sabrina of The Beauty Look Book is equal parts gorgeous and practical. From the leather trim to the sturdy clear construction, tossing in my essentials into this chic clutch has become a daily ritual.
(2) Byredo Parfumes samples in Inflorescence (a refreshingly sophisticated floral), Bal d'Afrique (marigold, cedar and Paris in the 1920's ) and Mojave Ghost (pictured in the clear vial...this sweet, musky floral has an inexplicable note of fruitiness that makes me want to buy the whole bottle ASAP).
(3) Compartes Chocolatier Beach Sprinkles by Gray Malin...this butterscotch confection (also a gift from Sabrina) is brimming with rainbow sprinkles and a sweet-meet-salty taste that lifts the spirits in mere moments!
|Above: YSL Nude, Indeed.|
(4) YSL Rouge Volupte Shine #22 Nude Indeed: This silky balm-like wonder yields the most stunning veil of soft peachy-mauve-tinged beige. The formula is hydrating and relatively long lasting and this shade pairs so well with the Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat in Pillow Talk for a shiny nude lip with immense lasting power.
|Above: A single swatch of Nude, Indeed in direct sunlight.|
|Above: Nude, Indeed alone on the lips in direct sunlight.|
|Above: The CdPB Luminizing Face Enhancer is undeniably opulent and imparts the most delicate golden sheen.|
(5) Clé de Peau Beauté Luminizing Face Enhancer in #12 Gold: This highlighter miraculously helps me to feign a rested look, especially when utterly sleep deprived. Finely milled and not the slightest bit "glittery," this is luminizer for grown ups; the mosaic pattern is breathtaking and I love swirling the different hues together for a customized look. Brushed gently along my cheekbones, brown bones and down the bridge of my nose, it truly delivers life to the face!
|Above: A swatch of the CdPB Luminizer in #12...for an ethereal golden sheen.|
|Above: CdPB Radiant Powder Foundation...excellence on every level.|
(6) Clé de Peau Beauté Radiant Powder Foundation in O20: I've been experimenting with this powder for the past couple of weeks and can now confirm that I am completely smitten with this new formula. The buildable coverage seamlessly blends into the skin, offering virtually invisible, absolutely pristine coverage that blurs pores and imperfections. It renders skin to a state of satin-matte gloriousness while simultaneously enhancing radiance; there is no powder finish whatsoever. Truly brilliant and well worth the investment!
|Above: A swatch of O20 in direct sunlight...it is such a spot on match for my NC 25 skin that it ws difficult to capture in pictures.|
|Above: The CdPB Radiant Powder Foundation brush is luxuriously soft and distributes the powder evenly so that it becomes one with the skin.|
|Above: Weekend mood.|
|Above: Pinks, nudes and reds...oh my!|
...and now for some Valentine's Lipcolor Inspiration:
- Napoleon Luminous Lip Veil in Overcoat (review)
- Mirenesse Lip Bomb #8 (review)
- Girlactik Star Gloss in Babydoll (review)
- Giorgio Armani Rouge Ecstasy #103 Incognito (worn here)
- Jouer Hydrating Lipstick in Sophia (review)
- Lipstick Queen Pinky Nude Sinner (review)
- Armour Beauty V Gloss in Brigitte (review)
- Hourglass Extreme Sheen Lip Gloss in Origami
- Surratt Beauty Lip Lustre in Coquette (review)
- Tom Ford Lip Sheer in Summer Fling (review)
- Clé de Peau Beauté Lip Gloss #5 (review)
- By Terry Sheer Rouge in Baby Bloom (review)
- Le Metier de Beaute Hydra Creme Lip Lip Color Matte in Amore (review)
- Koh Gen Do Lip Gloss BE 401
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: What products have helped to get YOU through the week?
I hope your weekend is marvelously relaxing; I, for one, can't wait to spend some quality time at home with my husband and Jethro...simple pleasures for me, indeed ; )
Good things ahead in the days to come, including:
- An Omorovicza-centric post...I'm all about the Thermal Cleansing Balm, Deep Cleansing Mask andRefining Face Polisher as of late), plus, I'll be sharing an exclusive 20% discount for Beauty Professor readers!
- New product procurements (I must proclaim that the Rouge Dior Brilliant Lipshines are insane as is Marc Jacobs Le Marc Lip Creme in Georgie Girl)
- Space.NK and Neiman Marcus beauty GWP details (and images galore!)
- An overview of the brand new beauty floor at Neiman Marcus Beverly Hills!
- Oh, and there is currently a major sale at Nordstrom...Equipment, Helmut Lang, Topshop and these Eileen Fisher sandal shoes have just arrived (taking pictures this weekend), along with a little Free People sale haul!
Have a beautiful Valentine's Day...what, pray tell, are your plans?
--The Beauty Professor
** PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterik (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own.
© 2012-15 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.