The Clé de Peau Beauté Spring/Summer 2017 Collection (also available at CdPB, Neiman Marcus and Barney's NY) has arrived, delivering a brilliant wash of radiant color in carefree shades that will flatter a spectrum of skin tones. I am excited to share a swatch-saturated overview of the new releases as well as a pictorial summary of my most recent beauty event at Neiman Marcus Scottsdale and a quick breakdown of some holiday weekend sales!
Kindly scroll on for more details, swatches and images of the collection in action as well as the Bottom Line...
|*Clé de Peau Beauté Enriched Lip Luminizers.|
Up first is the *Clé de Peau Beauté Enriched Lip Luminizer (also available at Clé de Peau Beauté, Neiman Marcus and Barney's NY) in three new shades:
- #237: A glowing gilded peach
- #238: A creamy warm apricot pink **worn in the images at the end of this post
- #239: A bold pomegranate pink
Boasting intense moisture and a color-drenched shiny finish, these buttery lip treatments have an opulent feel on the lips and gorgeous vibrant opacity for a luminous lip that is effortless to create.
Enriched Lip Luminizer by Clé de Peau Beauté is a suberbly soft and silky formula that melts onto your lips, giving them a wash of pure, elegant, sheer color.
- Refill only. Holder sold separately.
Ingredients: Squalane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Bis-Behenyl/Phytosteryl Dimer Dilinoleate, Triisostearin, Diphenylsiloxy Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyethylene, Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Diisostearyl Malate, Trimethylolpropane Triethylhexanoate, Hydroxyapatite, Glyceryl Diisostearate, Sodium Magnesium Silicate, Peg/Ppg-36/41 Dimethyl Ether, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Red 7 (Ci 15850), Tocopherol, Glycerin, Aluminum Hydroxide, Fragrance (Parfum), Simethicone, Polysilicone-2, Methicone, Tetradecene, Mortierella Oil, Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Red 27 (Ci 45410), Citronellol, Linalool, Bht, Geraniol, Silica, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate, Sodium Hyaluronate; May Contain: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Red 6 (Ci 15850), Yellow 5 (Ci 19140), Blue 1 (Ci 42090).
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|*Clé de Peau Beauté Cream Blush.|
The *Clé de Peau Beauté Cream Blush (also available at Clé de Peau Beauté, Neiman Marcus and Barney's NY) features a revolutionary texture that simultaneously imparts glow and flush in a single swipe. The blush, which comes in four shades, is deliciously buildable, creamy and shimmer free; significantly, it lasts all day on my normal to combination skin. Subtle and sophisticated, this is a stunning cream blush execution!
- #01 Cranberry: A "just pinched" rosy berry.
- #02 Pale Fig: A soft natural pink.
- #03 Persimmon: A bright coral glow.
- #04 Perfect Peach: A lush and dusky neutral that even doubles as a light contour.
|From L-R: Cranberry, Pale Fig, Persimmon and Perfect Peach.|
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
What it is: A luxuriously moisturizing cream blush formulated with argan oil that leaves your cheeks beautifully flush with the perfect touch of sheer luminous color.
What it does: Its unique and comfortable texture feels sublimely smooth while spreading easily to create a soft contour, fitting smoothly and firmly against your skin. It's formulated with a blend of three oils—low viscosity oil, medium viscosity oil and volatile oil—to deliver a smooth look to your cheeks for beautifully translucent color. An Illuminating Hydro-Wrap Complex delivers moisture to your skin for a soft, supple look and feel while light diffusing powder and pure chromatic pigment create a natural-looking finish with vivid color. It has a signature rose scent, too.
How to use: Apply with your fingers or a brush.
Ingredients: Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Mica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Paraffin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Jojoba Esters, Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Red 30 (Ci 73360), Peg-10 Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Microcrystalline Wax(Cera Microcristallina/Cire Microcristalline), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Sodium Magnesium Silicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Peg/Ppg-36/41 Dimethyl Ether, Talc, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Glycerin, Fragrance (Parfum), Polysilicone-2, Tocopherol, Mortierella Oil(Huile De Mortierella), Zinc Oxide, Citronellol, Geraniol, Barium Sulfate, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Bht, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silica, Alumina, Methicone, Tetradecene.
|*Clé de Peau Beauté Eyeshadow Duos.|
Finally, the *Clé de Peau Beauté Eyeshadow Duos (also available at Clé de Peau Beauté, Neiman Marcus and Barney's NY) combine two coordinating eye color shades in modern tones that resonate with the warmer months. Silky, blendable and resistant to creasing, these eyeshadow pairings are pigmented yet entirely wearable, creating a perfectly polished eye in seconds.
- #101 Grounded: Rich bronzy brown and champagne beige.
- #102 Calm: Soft neutral salmon pink and tender pearl beige.
- #103 Harmony: Lush forest green and pale luminous green.
- #104 Purity: Satiny thistle mauve and radiant grey.
- #105 Serenity: Deep indigo blue and glowing translucent taupe.
|Swatches in outdoor lighting.|
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
What it is: A pair of silky powder eyeshadows in captivating shades for dazzling eyes.
What it does: Formulated with luxurious argan oil, these semi-matte and soft shimmer hues are sized to fit into your Eye Color Quad (sold separately). Each contains an Illuminating Hydro-Wrap Complex to give skin a soft feel, while light diffusing powder creates a beautiful gradation of color to give your eyes an exquisite look. Each shade even features the brand's signature rose scent.
- Refill only. Eye Color Quad sold separately.
Ingredients: Talc, Mica, Diisostearyl Malate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Polyethylene, Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Triethylhexanoin, Petrolatum, Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Silica, Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Zinc Myristate, Zinc Oxide, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, Riethoxysilylethyl Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Hexyl Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Sodium Magnesium Silicate, Polysilicone-2, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Peg/Ppg-36/41 Dimethyl Ether, Chlorphenesin, Glycerin, Fragrance (Parfum), Aluminum Hydroxide, Tocopherol, Alumina, Mortierella Oil(Huile De Mortierella), Citronellol, Utylene Glycol, Geraniol, Water(Aqua/Eau), Linalool, Tin Oxide, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hydroxypropylcellulose, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract.
|Clockwise from top left:|
|*CdPB Radiance Stick Foundation in Ivory, Beige, Ocher and Mocha.|
The final component of the Clé de Peau Beauté Spring/Summer Collection is the *Radiance Stick Foundation (also available at CdPB). Although I extensively swatched and reviewed the formula HERE, I wanted to include reference to it once again in this story. Excellent for weightless, buildable coverage (sheer to medium), it is a marvelous formula for "no makeup makeup" days and also works well as a mid-day touch up component atop other CdPB liquid foundation formulas.
|Swatches of all four shades in outdoor sunlight.|
Skincare Break...I recently have been experimenting with these three skincare innovations:
- *Lancer Radiance Awakening Mask Intense: This overnight mask revitalizes skin while one sleeps; it's perfect for moments when your canvas needs a boost and I am consistently impressed by how fresh and bright my skin is upon waking.
- *Erasa EXP 30: I have been testing this anti-aging serum for nearly three weeks now and am fundamentally pleased with the way my skin has responded. Endorsed by supermodel Linda Evangelista (who claims she was compelled to stop using Botox once she tried Erasa), I will admit that I was skeptical that this peptide rich formula would visibly transform my skin. That being said, there is something very unique about Erasa; just two pumps both morning and night has made my skin smoother, softer, clearer, brighter and firmer, diminishing fine lines along the way. I will continue to test this and weigh back after six weeks!
- *Cane + Austin Glycolic Treatment Eye Cream: Harnessing the power of glycolic acid, this gentle yet effective eye cream targets fine line and slack skin to lift and illuminate the delicate orbital area...and the clean ingredients are top notch.
The following images reflect the *Clé de Peau Beaute Spring/Summer Collection in action...specifically:
- *Lancer Radiance Awakening Mask Intense
- *Erasa EXP 30
- *Cane + Austin Glycolic Treatment Eye Cream
- *Clé de Peau Beauté Radiance Foundation Stick in Ocher (reviewed HERE)
- Gucci Bronzer in Indian Sand (reviewed HERE)
- *Clé de Peau Beaute Cream Blush in #3 and #4.
- *Clé de Peau Beauté Eyeshadow Duo #103 Harmony
- Tom Ford Fiber Brow in Taupe (reviewed HERE)
- Sisley-Paris So Intense Mascara
- *Clé de Peau Beauté Enriched Lip Luminizer #238 Dusk/Lollypop
- Madewell Ryder Cardigan
- Equipment France Sleeveless Shirtdress
|The event brochure.|
As aforementioned, I participated on a panel of beauty experts for the Beauty Buzz event at Neiman Marcus Scottsdale yesterday and had such a lovely time talking all things beauty with Neiman Marcus VP of Beauty Kelly St. John, President of Kiehls Chris Salgardo, Clé de Peau Beauté Celebrity Makeup Artist Matthew Arbogast, Le Metier de Beaute Vice President of Sales Monica Gallegos and Neiman Marcus Beauty Buyer Sarah McCallum. Here are a few snapshots from the event...
|A view from the Mid-Century Modern gem Hotel Valley Ho where we stayed.|
|Make sure to swing by the new Neiman Marcus beauty department the next time you're in Scottsdale.|
|The panel in action.|
|With the entire panel.|
|With Neiman Marcus VP of Beauty Kelly St. John...her warmth, grace and knowledge are undeniable.|
|He said his 16 year old daughter reads Beauty Professor regularly!|
|With a lovely BP reader, who, incidentally won a bottle of the coveted *Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 (reviewed HERE).|
|Talking with an attendee about blogging.|
|With Clé de Peau Beauté VP of Sales Christine Franklin.|
|With the winner of my favorite products bag.|
The contents of my favorite products bag included:
(1) *Kiehl’s Turmeric &Cranberry Seed Energizing Radiance Masque (reviewed HERE)
(9) *Le Metier de Beaute Moisture Matte Lipstick in Bijox (reviewed HERE)
|At the end of the day.|
With Presidents Day on Monday, the Internet is rife with sales and to streamline the process, here are my curated Holiday Weekend Shopping Suggestions:
- Anthropologie: Extra 40% off all sale merchandise...I'm loving this laced-back shirtdress and classically casual pumps.
- Beautylish: The By Terry Techno Aura Collection (extensively reviewed HERE) is now available at Beautylish along with the entire Tom Ford line.
- Bloomingdales: Take 20% off new arrivals with code NEWARRIVALS and up to 60% off sale merchandise. I have my eye on these Eileen Fisher Silk Straight Pants and chic Sandro Trench Coat.
- Neiman Marcus: I just picked up this genius Vince reversible cashmere coat (which is super soft, lightweight yet wildly warm) at a dramatic discount and also have my eye on these intriguing Gentle Soles demi-wedge booties.
- Net-A-Porter: I recently purchased the loose powder by Sisley (in Sable) and this Eddie Borgo rose gold bracelet is super dreamy.
- Nordstrom: Up to 40% off sale items...this off the shoulder blouse is getting me excited for spring and, in light of my newfound love for leggings, this clever olive pair is calling my name.
- Revolve: A host of clothing on sale, including this lovely lace up blouse and navy midi slip dress.
- Sephora: Love that the Kevyn Aucoin Neo-Limelight palette is still in stock (reviewed HERE) and this nude eyeshadow palette from Givenchy is stunning.
- Shopbop: I'll be wearing this cashmere v neck all spring and these nude slides by Opening Ceremony are excellent for the seasonal transition.
- Space NK: The Spring Beauty Edit (and major gift with purchase...featured HERE) is still in full effect a perfect time to stock up on Mila Moursi and this breathtaking new navy palette from Kevyn Aucoin.
--Shop the Suggestions--
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this Clé de Peau Beauté Spring/Summer 2017 Collection (also available at CdPB, Neiman Marcus and Barney's NY) overview as well as my holiday weekend shopping suggestions. What caught YOUR eye? Do tell!
I am headed off to London tomorrow with Burberry Beauty and cannot wait to share my week via Instagram and, later, on BP. Any suggestions for what we must do while in the city? Please share!
xx and good things on the horizon,
--The Beauty Professor
**PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-17 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.