I hope your weekend is off to a lovely start! Today, I am excited to share some of my key picks from the Gucci Beauty Spring/Summer 2016 Collection. A perfectly poetic combination of lush aubergines, warm champagnes and creamy nudes, I couldn't help but procure a limited-edition eyeshadow duo and a lipstick, along with a glowing bronzer (part of the permanent collection) for good measure!
Kindly scroll on for more details, swatches and images of the products in action as well as the Bottom Line...
With a color palette reminiscent of the late 1960's and early 1970's, (think Valley of the Dolls meets Shampoo) the limited-edition Gucci Spring/Summer 2016 Collection features two eyeshadow options, a blush, two nail lacquers, two lipsticks and a lip gloss for a veritable dreamscape effect...so gorgeous.
|Gucci Magnetic Eye Shadow Duo in Primrose.|
As far as I am concerned, the star of the S/S 2016 collection is the Gucci Magnetic Eye Shadow Duo in Primrose. Simply stunning, the two shades in the compact are versatile and universally flattering. The left side has an incandescent, neutral champagne shade and the right side boasts a lush, rosy plum with a satin finish. The pigmentation and opacity are tremendous, enabling this creaseless, long-lasting pairing to work so well together. Worn separately or blended together, the hues impart an effortlessly opulent vibe that can be applied sheerly for a veil of color or built up for maximum drama.
I am so beyond smitten with Primrose that I am seriously contemplating procuring a back up...it's that good.
|Swatches of Primrose in direct sunlight.|
|I applied the darker shade of Primrose all over my lids and swept a bit more along my lower lash line. I then blended the lighter shade up to the brow bone for a diffused finished and tapped a touch along my upper cheek bones as a highlighter.|
|Swatches of Gucci Primrose in direct sunlight.|
|Gucci Luxurious Moisture Rich Lipstick in Carnation.|
The Gucci Luxurious Moisture Rich Lipstick in Carnation is a nude lover's dream. With rich, medium opacity and a slightly shiny finish, Carnation is a soft nude peach with just enough pigmentation to not wash out the face. Creamy and hydrating, the formula drenches lips in a saturated cloak of color that is muted without being "concealer-esque."
Coupled with a pinky nude lipliner like Christian Louboutin Lip Definer in Nats (as worn in the images at the end of the post), this lip color delivers a peerless warm beige result.
|A swatch of Carnation in direct sunlight.|
|Applying Gucci Carnation.|
|Gucci Golden Glow Bronzer.|
The Gucci Golden Glow Bronzer in 030 Indian Sand is breathtakingly captivating. From the signature embossed top layer to the finely-milled powder formula that warms up skin while still looking entirely natural. Indian Sand is a golden brown with a soft and luminous (but not shimmery) finish that adds a flattering structure and depth to the face. Smooth and long-lasting, I will be using this bronzer constantly in the months ahead!
|Gucci Indian Sand.|
|The bronzer has a separate compartment to house the lovely fan brush for application on the go.|
|A swatch of Indian Sand in direct sunlight.|
To complement the dreamy hues of the Gucci Beauty Spring/Summer 2016 Collection, I added warm and luminous products into the mix. In the images that follow, I am wearing:
- *Giorgio Armani Maestro Glow Foundation #5.5 (reviewed HERE and HERE)
- Gucci Luminous Perfecting Concealer #40: I am still experimenting with this medium coverage liquid concealer. Housed in a click brush, the formula is pigmented enough for great concealing (especially in the under eye region) but thin enough to remain creaseless, thereby look nearly invisible.
- Gucci Golden Glow Bronzer in 030 Indian Sand applied with my *Surratt Beauty Artistique Sculpting Brush (reviewed HERE)
- Gucci Magnetic Eye Shadow Duo in Primrose
- *Tom Ford High Definition Eyeliner in Black: Super silky and intensely pigmented, this does not budge along my lower waterline...major impact alert!
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Velvet Noir Mascara (reviewed HERE)
- *Giorgio Armani Brow Precision Pencil #2: Ultra thin and masterfully powerful, this brow pencil glides on and stays in place for a slightly glossy, natural brow.
- *Surratt Beauty Expressioniste Brow Pomade (reviewed HERE)
- Christian Louboutin Lip Definer in Nats (reviewed HERE)
- Gucci Luxurious Moisture Rich Lipstick in Carnation
- *Tom Ford Soleil Blanc: I cannot stop reaching for this new fragrance; sunbaked and warm like a tropical summer breeze with unexpected notes of musk and pistachio, this is all at once sophisticated and infinitely comforting.
The following images reflect all products in action in afternoon sunlight (apricot cashmere sweater by Joie)..
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: I hope you enjoyed this overview! Truly, the limited-edition Gucci eyeshadow duo and lipstick are beyond beautiful and
Good things ahead, including a fresh FOTD, a foundation-intensive, my take on the Pantone Colors of the Year and a recap of Neiman Marcus Project Beauty. So much to share on all fronts! I am also in the midst of responding to your latest batch of emails and comments ; )
--The Beauty Professor
** PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-15 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission