The La Prairie Skin Caviar Concealer + Foundation (also available at Neiman Marcus, Saks, Bloomingdale's) is a foundation-phile's dream. Comprehensively reviewed HERE, this luxurious formula is infused with skincare benefits, lush coverage, impressive lasting power and SPF 15. It also contains a potent coordinating concealer, geniusly housed in the top lid.
In response to a round of requests, I am beyond excited to share swatches of ALL 12 shades; may you find your perfect match!
Kindly scroll on for more details, swatches and images of the foundation in action as well as the Bottom Line...
Official details, courtesy of Nordstrom:
Skin Caviar Concealer + Foundation offers full, natural-looking coverage with SPF 15 protection and a dewy finish. A perfectly matched concealer camouflages under-eye darkness and deeper flaws while helping to support skin elasticity. The foundation and concealer formulas are infused with caviar extracts for lifting and firming benefits. It includes a foundation sponge and precision concealer brush in addition to a 2x magnifying mirror in the cap.
How to use:
- Foundation: Shake well before applying. Use your fingertips or the included foundation sponge to smooth and blend for desired coverage. Coverage may be built by adding another light application as needed.
- Concealer: Can be applied prior to or after foundation. Pat the concealer onto skin with your fingertips or the concealer brush. Use the included concealer brush to blend away edges.
- 1 oz.
- By La Prairie; made in Switzerland.
As aforementioned, my comprehensive review of the La Prairie Skin Caviar Concealer + Foundation can be found HERE; this post, specifically, focuses on the shade offerings in the range.
The formula comes in twelve shades that accommodate the skintones ranging from the fairest alabaster to the richest mid-toned chesnut:
- Tender Ivory: Fair neutral to yellow beige (@N/NC 10-15) **Lightest shade
- Soft Ivory: Fair neutral to rosy beige (@N/NW 10-15)
- Warm Linen: Light beige with warm golden undertones (@N/NC 20)
- Creme Peche: Light beige with peachy undertones (@N/NW 20)
- Peche (**coordinating concealer swatch not pictured): Light-medium beige with peachy undertones (N/NW/NC 20-25)
- Warm Beige: Light-medium beige with golden undertones (@N/NC 25)
- Honey Beige: Medium beige with neutral to golden undertones (@N/NC 25-27) **My perfect match
- Soleil Peche: Medium beige with neutral to rosy undertones (@N/NW 25-27)
- Mocha (**coordinating concealer swatch not pictured): Medium-dark beige with neutral undertones (@N/NW/NC 30-35)
- Soleil Beige: Burnished beige with peachy tan undertones (@N/NW/NC 40)
- Amber Beige: Rich dark beige with neutral underones (@N/NW/NC 45) **Darkest Shade
- Caramel Beige: Medium-medium-dark beige with neutral undertones (@N/NW/NC 30)
|Swatches of the Fair to Light shades in direct sunlight.|
|Swatches of the Fair to Light shades in direct sunlight with a flash.|
|Swatches of the Fair to Light shades in outdoor shade.|
|Swatches of the Medium to Dark shades in direct sunlight.|
|Swatches of the Medium to Dark shades in direct sunlight with a flash.|
|Swatches of the Medium to Dark shades in outdoor shade.|
To complement the creamy perfection of the La Prairie Skin Caviar Concealer + Foundation in Honey Beige, I combined it with the following products for a classic, early 1960's look:
- Chantecaille Compact Soleil in St. Barth (reviewed HERE): This soft tan with a satin finish warms up the face with a natural wash of color.
- La Prairie Cellular Radiance Cream Blush in Peach Glow (reviewed HERE): One of my perennial favorites, this luminous peachy pink is perfect on the apples of one's cheeks.
- Girlactik Face Glow in Lustre (reviewed HERE): I am smitten by this glowing, lilac-tinged illuminator and love placing it on the high points of my face for some extra luminosity.
- Gucci Magnetic Mono Eyeshadow in Oxydus (reviewed HERE and HERE): This rich copper brown has magnificent color payoff and a velvety finish.
- Estee Lauder Sumptuous Knockout Mascara (reviewed HERE): Two coats creates long, voluminous, jet black lashes...so good.
- Surratt Beauty Brow Pomade (reviewed HERE): Just a few sweeps of this brilliant formula and brows are defined and polished.
- Christan Louboutin Lip Definer in Nats (reviewed HERE): A comely pinky nude lipliner that works so well with all the pinky nude lip color in my life.
- Laura Mercier Creme Smooth Lipstick in 60's Pink (reviewed HERE): I forgot how much I love this pale baby pink shade...subtly shimmery while notably creamy, it lends to a muted lip look that still somehow pops!
|Swatches in direct sunlight.|
|Swatches with a flash.|
|Compact trifecta for a warm glow.|
|All about the eyes.|
The following images reflect all products in action...
|Above: Last look.|
--Shop the Post--
Bottom Line: The La Prairie Skin Caviar Concealer + Foundation (also available at Neiman Marcus, Saks, Bloomingdale's) is the epitome of base product opulence. I truly hope you found this round of swatches helpful and would love to hear your thoughts on this sublime formula!
Good things ahead, including a host of new product procurements, a round of fresh releases and a "what's in my makeup bag" feature ; )
--The Beauty Professor
** PR samples provided for review denoted by an asterisk (the rest purchased by me), however, as always, all of my opinions are expressly and unequivocally my own. © 2012-15 Beautyprofessor® All Rights Reserved. Do not copy, reprint or republish content and/or photos without author's written permission.